• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak, really ah? Why?

The country belongs to M, so id believe they would get special treatment.

But I do know that the largest population of I outside their country is in Malaysia.

The point that i want to convey is that the level of tolerance to non compliance in paying the land tax by the state govt in this instance cannot be compared to sg govt. I feel My gov is more compassionate or just cant be bothered as they wiuld rather catch the bigger fish?

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry I got u wrong then.

Thx man.

The point that i want to convey is that the level of tolerance to non compliance in paying the land tax by the state govt in this instance cannot be compared to sg govt. I feel My gov is more compassionate or just cant be bothered as they wiuld rather catch the bigger fish?

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks mate. I presume you are referring to the LTA website.

I saw this sometime ago, maybe I mis-interpret it,

http://driving-in-singapore.spf.gov.sg/services/driving_in_singapore/services/information.html

==
Under the category, Foreigners

A foreigner ....International Driving Permit or an official translation in English language is required.

Please note that Work Permit holder is not allowed to drive in the course of work on public roads unless the occupation stated in the Work Permit shows he is employed as a driver.

Employment Pass and Work Permit Holders
Any employment pass and work permit holders who is not a resident of Singapore or PR may drive his/her foreign registered car and motorcycle in Singapore only if the following conditions are met:-

a) he is the registered owner of the vehicle
b) he resides outside Singapore
c) the vehicle is kept or used outside Singapore for an aggregate period of not less than 6 hours everyday
d) he has valid insurance certificate for the use of the vehicle on Singapore roads
e) the vehicle has an AutoPass Card to validate its entry/exit at Singapore checkpoints and for payment of relevant Vehicle Entry Permit/Toll charges.

Insurance
Motorists must carry their valid vehicle insurance certificate with them when driving their foreign registered cars and motorcycles in Singapore.

Vehicle Entry Permit/Tolls
All foreign-registered vehicles entering and leaving Singapore via the Woodlands and Tuas Checkpoints will have to pay Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) fees and tolls. Those entering and leaving Changi Ferry Terminal will have to pay only Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) fees unless they had entered via Woodlands or Tuas checkpoint. VEP and Toll charges are to be paid using the Autopass card at the checkpoints. Foreign motorists are to produce their valid road tax disc and vehicle insurance certificates when purchasing the Autopass card which is for sale at all the checkpoints at a cost of S$10 (comprising a non-refundable card cost of S$6 and a preloaded value of S$4).

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
This rule is ok if the COE is low ( $5000 and under ) as $20 toll per entry makes sense. Now with Singapore 10-15 times more, the toll is still $20. What rubbish is this? Look at the number of cars entering Singapore during peak and during working hours, last time its rare to see a J-plate car. Now everywhere u go u see one.

I particularly dislike the Malaysia Vans who travel at most right lane without compunction and our TP is ineffective against them.

I once wrote to TP to complain about this Malaysia van who was 100% tinted as if Andy Lau was seated inside. TP replied say something like " Our agreement with Malaysia TP is that they don't touch spore cars and we don't touch Malaysia cars. Simply said"

But as you guys know, Malaysia TP simply LOVE to touch and disturb SSS$$$ cars.

Yeah nowadays so many Msia plate cars everywhere from Jurong to Sengkang.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
This one on EP driving Malaysian cars is very true as I know of many such people doing this and car pooling their Malaysian car to share the $20 toll.

Another policy that Singaporeans is being tekan by these white monkeys who simply loves foreigners more than Singaporeans.

I even know of one Msian chinese SPR who is living in Spore and driving a J plate car in Spore, working as a teacher in Spore school. Who? My friend's brother in law. I guess anything also can as long as not caught and it is not difficult for Msian SPR to drive a J plate car across Spore immigration occasionally. Officers may not be alert enough to detect Msian driving J plate cars across the border. Even if caught they can easily give the excuse of not aware of the law. But Singaporeans try doing that? First, chances of getting caught are very high. Second, no excuse. Again disadvantaged lah.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
I even know of one Msian chinese SPR who is living in Spore and driving a J plate car in Spore, working as a teacher in Spore school. Who? My friend's brother in law. I guess anything also can as long as not caught and it is not difficult for Msian SPR to drive a J plate car across Spore immigration occasionally. Officers may not be alert enough to detect Msian driving J plate cars across the border. Even if caught they can easily give the excuse of not aware of the law. But Singaporeans try doing that? First, chances of getting caught are very high. Second, no excuse. Again disadvantaged lah.

Why complain about all this "injustice and abuse" here. You know who it is, write in to ICA and make a formal complain. Give the persons name and if you don't know the name then your friend's name and state it is his brother in law who has broken the law. STOP complaining abt, the "injustice" and do something abt. it. I am sure you will sleep better once you have corrected thus "grave injustice"........ Help keep out these "stinking low life SPR" from Singapore. Eventually it will be a place YOU would want to return to, when all this "low life Stinking SPR FT" are kicked out of Singapore.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why complain about all this "injustice and abuse" here. You know who it is, write in to ICA and make a formal complain. Give the persons name and if you don't know the name then your friend's name and state it is his brother in law who has broken the law. STOP complaining abt, the "injustice" and do something abt. it. I am sure you will sleep better once you have corrected thus "grave injustice"........ Help keep out these "stinking low life SPR" from Singapore. Eventually it will be a place YOU would want to return to, when all this "low life Stinking SPR FT" are kicked out of Singapore.

I thought about it but I can't do this to my friend. That is just me.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
My lawyer friend told me its useless to complain. Even if they are caught, currently there is no penalty at all. Cos by right the Spore govt has no control over foreign cars be it tinted or rims or exhaust or who drives them. But the Spore govt can screw the Singaporeans driving Spore cars. That's why got pple kena caught for 3/4 tank rule. I was checked once 2 weeks ago at 3am in the morning somemore.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not true. Singapore govt so lax? you got to be kidding. I'm a PR, I was caught driving W plate car before in 2004 (I really didn't know the rule at that time). I was fined 250$. That was first offence and I really was unaware of the rule at that time. The LTA officer said he believed me, but couldn't waive the fine, so i paid up. Obviously I never did that again.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
My lawyer friend told me its useless to complain. Even if they are caught, currently there is no penalty at all. Cos by right the Spore govt has no control over foreign cars be it tinted or rims or exhaust or who drives them. But the Spore govt can screw the Singaporeans driving Spore cars. That's why got pple kena caught for 3/4 tank rule. I was checked once 2 weeks ago at 3am in the morning somemore.
you talking about SPR driving m'sian car?
I was fined 250$ for dirving m'sian car in singapore.
When any property, vehicle, person enters into a sovereign country, he/she/it is subject to laws of that sovereign country.

i have also been fined for double parking, illegal parking, littering. i didn't, like, flash my malaysian passport at URA, LTA, NEA and they just waved me away saying "oh, you're not singaproean. Okay, we waive the compound notice."

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not true. Singapore govt so lax? you got to be kidding. I'm a PR, I was caught driving W plate car before in 2004 (I really didn't know the rule at that time). I was fined 250$. That was first offence and I really was unaware of the rule at that time. The LTA officer said he believed me, but couldn't waive the fine, so i paid up. Obviously I never did that again.

So did you pay up the fine or you didn't as it was compounded? I happened to read your earlier version that said something like lucky the fine was compounded. It is a big difference you know.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am not sure of the law but we all can see so many heavily tinted Msia cars can pass thru the custom. And many of those very old vans with excessive exhaust are also let in.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is not a viable long term solution. The chances of getting caught should be quite high.

I think the penalty should be quite stiff.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are SPR means u are part of Singapore government subject and they will tekan you like how they tekan Singaporeans. Welcome to the Club. People want to get out and u want to get in.

you talking about SPR driving m'sian car?
I was fined 250$ for dirving m'sian car in singapore.
When any property, vehicle, person enters into a sovereign country, he/she/it is subject to laws of that sovereign country.

i have also been fined for double parking, illegal parking, littering. i didn't, like, flash my malaysian passport at URA, LTA, NEA and they just waved me away saying "oh, you're not singaproean. Okay, we waive the compound notice."

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
So did you pay up the fine or you didn't as it was compounded? I happened to read your earlier version that said something like lucky the fine was compounded. It is a big difference you know.

the meaning of compounded means that one can accept to pay a fine and not be prosecuted.

so, compounded means i don't have to go to court, i just pay the fine. so I paid the fine. I wrote "lucky" because of some communication cork up, it snowballed into a much larger offence. actually i was arrested and had to get a friend to post bail. total damage was actually $650.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are SPR means u are part of Singapore government subject and they will tekan you like how they tekan Singaporeans. Welcome to the Club. People want to get out and u want to get in.

you mean, some people want to get out. not everyone. there are laws and i am fine with being penalised if i committed an offence. it is better than anarchy.
of course, my personal views only.

Last edited:

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
the meaning of compounded means that one can accept to pay a fine and not be prosecuted.

so, compounded means i don't have to go to court, i just pay the fine. so I paid the fine. I wrote "lucky" because of some communication cork up, it snowballed into a much larger offence. actually i was arrested and had to get a friend to post bail. total damage was actually $650.

Yeah I was wondering about the lucky part of being compounded. By the way, where were you caught and by who? Was it at the custom or on the road by traffic police? In my friend's brother in law's case, I heard from her just last year. He was driving the car inside Singapore already so obviously not caught by the custom.

Status
Not open for further replies.