• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most people like sea view, but you are special, you like crisp fresh air more than the smell of sea breeze:

This project is surrounded by matured forest:
The Haven Lakeside Residences
Tambun, Ipoh, Perak
From RM300,000 - RM1,670,000
http://www.iproperty.com.my/developments/developmentreview.aspx?pid=1768

You can try to google for high-end condos.
The Haven Lakeside Residences.jpg

Hi, asking questions on JB condos here:
1) what are some existing luxurious high end condos (ie. already live in, not those TOP in few years time)
2) any condos that faces forest/ nature instead of the usual roads/buildings?

Thanks.

leongyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kawan, thanks but limited to JB (that's where i stay)...

Went to visit my friend in KL over weekend and saw his Mont Kiara apmt facing forest reserve - really loved it and that's why I asking if JB got or not...

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most people like sea view, but you are special, you like crisp fresh air more than the smell of sea breeze:

This project is surrounded by matured forest:
The Haven Lakeside Residences
Tambun, Ipoh, Perak
From RM300,000 - RM1,670,000
http://www.iproperty.com.my/developments/developmentreview.aspx?pid=1768

You can try to google for high-end condos.
View attachment 12843

ipoh is a great place to retire. slow pace of life. cheap housing. my relative owner occupying a house in 'the lost world of tambun'. heard it's wonderful.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi sir, it will be updated from time to time, this forum is actively targeted by folks after free advertising or disrupted for diverting to their own forum for UK properties/other products so just locking that thread to prevent the same thing happening.

Oic. Tks for the clarification Boss.

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is there any storage company in JB? Need to store some furnitures for a year.

Managed to sell off current property. New condo ready by 2015. Need some place to store my stuff. Or anyone renting their unit cheap? Pls PM me. Thks.

Last edited:

Arowana88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tat was fast. Good to hear u have disposed off ur property.

Yes u can say that again bro! Just want my kids have a normal school life. i am not asking for much profit in MY.

Life is short. Stay happy!!!!!

God bless all my comrades and peace to all!!!!

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Going to the heart of Legoland

[h=2]BLOCKBUSTER: Legoland Hotel is set to welcome its first guests on Nov 29, ahead of schedule[/h] NUSAJAYA: THE Legoland Hotel, which is part of the Legoland Malaysia Resort, is open for reservations. The hotel, which opens later this month, is also having a special pre-opening promotion for guests.
The hotel will welcome its first guests on Nov 29, just in-time for the school holidays.
The opening of the hotel will complete the transformation of Legoland into a resort which brings together the theme park, water park and hotel in one location with more than 70 rides, slides, shows and other attractions.
"This is a milestone for Legoland Malaysia Resort and we are very excited about welcoming the first guests to the hotel for the school holidays as we are ahead of schedule. Guests will be able to enjoy the Legoland experience for a longer period," said Legoland Malaysia general manager Siegfried Boerst.
The family package includes breakfasts and two-day combo tickets for two adults and two children. Combo tickets provide access to the theme park and the water park, which was opened last month, and allow guests to move freely between the two.
Lego features are found throughout the hotel which offers 249 themed bedrooms. Guests have the choice of playing pirate, commanding a kingdom or embarking on an adventure.
All rooms include a king-sized bed for the grown-ups, and a separate semi-private sleeping area for up to three children, complete with a bunk bed, pull-out trundle bed and entertainment unit.
Guests will also find an impressive display of 12,528 Lego mini figures behind the check-in desk.
The Legoland Hotel is at the heart of the Legoland Malaysia Resort. Other hotel facilities include a children's play area which is brimming with interactive Lego games and activities with over 100,000 Lego bricks, swimming and wading salt water pools that can be enjoyed by the whole family and 154 parking bays for hotel guests.
The hotel also features the Skyline Bar, a Lego retail outlet, the Courtyard Gardens, a business centre, prayer rooms and disabled-friendly guest rooms.
Legoland annual pass holders can book room-only packages at a special rate by calling the hotel reservation team at 07-597 8888.

ximage.JPG.pagespeed.ic.el_pOiReAF.jpg

image.JPG

image.JPG.pagespeed.ce.QiOHNK7Wnj.jpg

Legoland Malaysia has two theme parks and a hotel.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Going to the heart of Legoland

sometime ago i read abt East Ledang is strata title , so no extentions allowed and UEM staff are walking around to check.
To my suprise , I saw 2 houses over the weekends are in the midst of extending out in Phase 2! if i am not wrong , another house have been live in with the extensions.
Well , perhaps they migh forfeit the reno deposit of 5k , but sounds ok if they extend out and have much gibber space .

Last edited:

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's M'sian culture for you -- rules are made and may be broken after a while under "certain circumstances". Same thing with the maintenance culture, all nice and beautiful when new, but after after a few years, nobody is bothered. Can this culture change? I hope so, provided more people push and clamor for enforcement.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes , i truly know abt msia culture ! just tat EL is high end properties ma , tout they will be real strict abt it !

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

ya lor.. someone dun believe wat i kong lei last time..sob sob.. eat lollipop. :p

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Some pictures to share of a recent boating trip in Puteri Harbour.

1460991_10151990136624557_456156745_n.jpg1441274_10151990140164557_1555296310_n.jpg

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
my wife is expecting the second baby..

anyone have confinement nanny in JB to recommend?

If have can PM me ?

I might have miss out the thread as it moved very fast..

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Citilink shows interest in flying into Senai

http://www.starproperty.my/index.ph...citilink-shows-interest-in-flying-into-senai/

The state tourism executive councillor Datuk Tee Siew Kiong said the latest application was received from Citilink Indonesia to start air services between Indonesian cities and Johor Baru.

“The airline plans to offer return flights from Bandung, Surabaya, Denpasar and Medan to Johor Baru,’’ he said responding to a question from M. Asojan (Gambir-BN).

Tee said Johor has forwarded the application by the airline to the Transport Ministry, Department of Civil Aviation and Senai Airport Terminal Services for follow-up action.

He said if approval was given by the relevant authorities for the airline to fly into Senai, it would be the second low-cost airline from Indonesia to fly to Johor Baru.

Currently, Air Asia Indonesia now serves Indonesian cities namely Surabaya, Jakarta, and Medan to Johor Baru and from Dec 1, would ply Bandung-Johor Baru routes.

Citilink is a low-cost airline headquartered in Jakarta, Indonesia was established in 2001, as a low-cost subsidiary of Garuda Indonesia, set up to operate shuttle services between the Indonesian cities.

Since July 30, 2012, Citilink has officially operated as a separate business entity from Garuda Indonesia operating aircraft with a new call sign, logo and uniform.

Citilink now has 18 commercial aircraft consisting of five Airbus A320-210, six Airbus A320-230 aircraft, six Boeing 737-300 aircraft and Boeing 737-400.

The company also has ordered eight Airbus A320-210 planes to complement the needs of the company. Its main hub is Juanda International Airport Surabaya, East Java.

“The state tourism department has also been talking with several foreign airlines to operate chartered flights from the region,’’ added Tee adding that among the airlines were ANA Airlines from South Korea, Cebu Airlines of Philippines, and those from China and Hong Kong.

Tee said with more airlines flying connecting Johor Baru with other regional cities, Johor wanted to establish Senai Airport as the aviation hub in the southern region.

Meanwhile, the state public works executive councillor Datuk Hasni Mohamad said the elevated road project in the Taman Kebun Teh-Taman Melodies is already in the final stage of designing.

He said the project to be known as East West Link would connect the western and eastern parts of Johor Baru city and help to disperse traffic and ease congestion, responding to a question from Andrew Chen Kah Eng (Stulang-DAP).

“Decision on the project will be made by the year-end and estimated to cost RM500mil of which RM350mil for the construction cost and RM150mil for land acquisition,’’ said Hasni.

SENAI International Airport received 101,927 passengers last year, almost a fivefold increase from 2011.

http://www.nst.com.my/streets/johor/airport-public-transport-blues-1.400978

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
up,up, all the way!!

(吉隆坡15日讯)政府或在未来两三个月宣布电费调涨,唯低用电量(Lifeline Band)或每月电费低于70令吉的用户,将不受影响。

拿督阿都拉萨没有正面回应电费调涨的确实日期,仅表示政府将在未来两三个月,会有宣布。

他说,经过各种成本计算及“竞争性投票”机制下,该机构认为目前合理的电费收费,理应是每千瓦时42仙,而非33.5仙。

他说,电力供应工业转型计划下所采纳的自动转嫁成本机制,旨在落实高用电量用户需承担较高电费的机制

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rumors that Johor is changing their weekends to Fri & Sat?

JOHOR BARU: The decision to change to the state's weekends to Fridays and Saturdays, has not been made official.

Johor Royal Court Council secretary Datuk Abdul Rahim Ramli said Johor Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamed Khalid Nordin said the matter was still being deliberated.

"The decision to change the state's official working days will be made by the state administration," he said.

Abdul Rahim said State Secretary Datuk Obet Tawil had lodged a police report after a state administration circular, claiming that the sultan had decreed weekends be changed from Saturdays and Sundays to Fridays and Saturdays, was widely circulated on social media, including Facebook and WhatsApp messenger.

This is an offence under the Official Secrets Act.

"We urged for a thorough investigation."

"The information is not from the Palace or the Johor Royal Court as there are no Facebook accounts or social media groups representing the two institutions," he said at a press conference at the Johor Royal Court's office here on Thursday.

Meanwhile, Johor police chief Datuk Mokhtar Shariff said three police reports were lodged and the case is being investigated under the OSA.

Read more: Changes to Johor's weekends yet to be made official - Latest - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/latest/changes-to-johor-s-weekends-yet-to-be-made-official-1.400936#ixzz2klrMwEjK

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
it used to be thurs/fri weekends in jb 20 + years ago.

Now it makes sense why Friday prayer is on Friday. Actually it is beneficial to have Thu and Fri weekend. Then the banks, government offices, post office will be open for us on Sat and Sun. Definitely this has my support.

Status
Not open for further replies.