• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any predictions on whether market is going to sink if all this comes into effect? Will there be an exodus to buy or sell before year's end? The new article in Straits Times yesterday predicted more will buy before Jan to esccape the additional 5% tax. but I am wondering if investors will want to exit the market before this kicks in.Hard to say as the ABSD hasnt dampened the market in SG.

Usually price goes up by much more than 5% if e GST is 5%. Just be careful of developers cutting corners if u r buying very recent launch. Such developers will be caught by raw materials price increase next year if GST is announced.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
As someone has commented before, no one can stop a train which has just gained momentum. In fact, it might make matter worst as people will be rushing in the next few months to save on levy. In my opinion, the momentum will only stop if Johor's property price doesn't make any sense anymore. Again, I want to say that property market is very much less volatile compare to equity market. It normally takes a crisis to halt the train temporarily. It is a 'train" not a "Porsche".

Cheers

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any predictions on whether market is going to sink if all this comes into effect? Will there be an exodus to buy or sell before year's end? The new article in Straits Times yesterday predicted more will buy before Jan to esccape the additional 5% tax. but I am wondering if investors will want to exit the market before this kicks in.Hard to say as the ABSD hasnt dampened the market in SG.

Most likely will go even higher lah . Potential buyers rush in to buy up inorder to save the additional 5% tax and GST . Exisiting home owner will say heng ah , already buy in , why would they sell unless they dont even need it in the first place .

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. I wouldn't buy too if they had implemented the 'locals cannot resell to foreigner' BS. Now I feel I should have got me that Tropicana or Bangsar subsale condo in KL. darn.

Last edited by a moderator:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
not familiar with BKK market, I'm a small fry. Just buying in malaysia cos i holding malaysia passport (support the homeland and all that crap) and folks are up in KL, so seems like a resonable option for me. also getting old so might as well grab some money from e banks before i become too decrepit for them to allow it. pretty down to earth reasons really - not big investor.

but hey good news! i just hooot 50$ toto; so when i collect my winnings after this weeks' draw, i'll be sure to join you in cornering some white chicks in a market in london.

till then, toodles.

Last edited by a moderator:

Newbie11

Alfrescian
Loyal

u cant expect experts/ analysts/ journalists to say loud loud in papers that new measures are crap, no effect, and laugh at politicians/govt right? Now developers start to say measure is gd but dont be too harsh. everyone for themselves afterall...

politicians have to make some noise, its their job.. but at end of day, can they kill the goose that laid some eggs but not the golden ones yet?

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
ABSD has some effect because the initial cash up front is large. I know of a few folks stop looking at new launches because of it. Mine you one them is just switching but the thought the money is kept with the gov for 2 years while prop is being build is unsatisfying.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
u cant expect experts/ analysts/ journalists to say loud loud in papers that new measures are crap, no effect, and laugh at politicians/govt right? Now developers start to say measure is gd but dont be too harsh. everyone for themselves afterall...

politicians have to make some noise, its their job.. but at end of day, can they kill the goose that laid some eggs but not the golden ones yet?

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/ca...-‘cooling-down’-in-johor-‘will-slow-down-fdi/

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
he is quite trigger happy. since he holds a full time job and cant be online all the time, I just hafta post more often and over all the threads, then it would look like you were actually talking to someone. hahaha.

thinking of buying a poodle and naming her 'fifi' for my future new house adventure in jb. knowing me, i'd probably end up adopting a stray mongrel for free. is it weird for a mongrel to be named 'fifi'? just wondering aloud.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
thinking of buying a poodle and naming her 'fifi' for my future new house adventure in jb. knowing me, i'd probably end up adopting a stray mongrel for free. is it weird for a mongrel to be named 'fifi'? just wondering aloud.

please dun buy , there are a lot of mongrels to adopt , if u wan puppy , i know there are some new born puppies waiting to be adopt.....

crisanne

Alfrescian
Loyal
If locals can sell to locals and foreigners can sell to both. What abt those that have bought frm locals above 500k in the secondary mkt, can they resell to both foreigner/locals? Can anyone offer some advice. Thanks!

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
If locals can sell to locals and foreigners can sell to both. What abt those that have bought frm locals above 500k in the secondary mkt, can they resell to both foreigner/locals? Can anyone offer some advice. Thanks!

currently all still waitin for official announcement. nothing fixed yet.

the rumor is: local can only sell to local, not sgp. sgp can sell to whomever they wish.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm. Seems like a lot of uncertainty in the Malaysia property market. Pretty crazy stuff. Dunno what's there main objective

Think better buy only after October parliament budget confirmation

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm. Seems like a lot of uncertainty in the Malaysia property market. Pretty crazy stuff. Dunno what's there main objective

nah la even after october johor state can anyhow huntum funny ruling. no choice, if you want a house in jb have to bear with it. think carefully if you really want the house.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yeah shouldn't buy, boycott them until new rules are clear. Foreigners' money are not play money, it is not right to toy with people's lifetime savings like that. Implement stupid rule restricting foreigners to sell and see which foreigner dare to buy, foreigners' money don't grow on trees and will just buy elsewhere. Unfortunately those like us who have bought are sitting ducks, no choice but to wait it out till any unsound rules are reversed and MRT roll in.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone with latest info on traffic conditions past few weekends?

For causeway, have to reach spore customs by 8am to avoid 1.5-2hrs jam. Is it jam thru the day or less so after 10am?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
My personal feel is if one is buying for own stay, then no issues. I am personally here for the long haul and retirement.
There will always be lots of uncertainty in this world, we can only do our best to mitigate the risk as best as we can.

Certain rulings whether they make sense or not is up to the government here, if some of them are implemented in Johore,
it would undo all that the governments on both sides of the causeway has put into as well as affect the interest of stakeholders
like the royalty and large investment companies.

IMHO, the demand would still be there as relations are improving between the emerging power in SEA and Malaysia.
Any changes would just drive the demand elsewhere in Malaysia, in Penang, KL or even Melaka.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Anyone with latest info on traffic conditions past few weekends?

For causeway, have to reach spore customs by 8am to avoid 1.5-2hrs jam. Is it jam thru the day or less so after 10am?

Lesser after 10 am mostly. The jams have been increasingly bad as of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.