• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks decent for a cluster near Zone A. Not surprised if final pricing is just above $1mil RM if e launch is end of this year. Zone B clusters r about $1.1mil RM cheapest now.(cheapest subsales r around $900k RM).

yes, AH launch prices are decent, that's why long queue overnight expected. btw, this AH2 is inside the golf course. but will be difficult to queue overnight, unless pay someone to queue.

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Freedom, do be careful, letting a stranger into ones' home, especially one that specifys precondition to his employment is something that needs to be considered with care!!!! ( pardon my concern, as there are children involved.....)

Thanks for yr concern, my spouse also not keen because of that. problem is that this driver lives in kl and also not familiar with singapore roads.
Investor, do you know how to find suitable drivers like those you mentioned?

malpaso, the details of my unit r in austin heights thread.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dr Ng was speaking at a National Day dinner celebration.

He said: "One is, if you sell your home from Toa Payoh, I worry that you are going to find it hard to find a replacement home that's better than Toa Payoh with the same amount of money.

"Second, I think that more likely than not, the prices of homes in Toa Payoh will go up. Why? Because if you look at the map, Toa Payoh is in the centre.

"North, south, east, west, whatever you build - roads and MRT - sooner or later they will have to cross Toa Payoh. That is why transportation is so easy here."

if Toa Payoh is central of SG, then where is the central of Iskandar.. (our guru MP said one..) titter.gif

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Other than Bukit Indah, the next place to take off in the next 1-2 years will be the residential areas around zone A. I'm seeing prices there spiking up in recent months. Woodlands/Seletar industry expansion will need more workers from Johor given the restriction of other foreign workers. Zone A itself will also have big upside once the RTS is announced.

rosnyus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Other than Bukit Indah, the next place to take off in the next 1-2 years will be the residential areas around zone A. I'm seeing prices there spiking up in recent months. Woodlands/Seletar industry expansion will need more workers from Johor given the restriction of other foreign workers. Zone A itself will also have big upside once the RTS is announced.

paiseh, what are the developments in zone A ah?

westcoastbay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporean leads Johor cops on 20km car chase after failed bribe attempt

Published on Aug 13, 2013
10:39 PM

JOHOR BARU (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - A Singaporean businessman led police on a 20km car chase when he tried to flee after failing to bribe them on Sunday.

In the 11.30pm incident, the 50-year old suspect, driving a Mercedes Benz, was headed to Singapore when he tried to cut the vehicle queue at the Bangunan Sultan Iskandar Customs, Immigration and Quarantine complex (CIQ), obstructing other vehicles in the process.

Two police traffic officers on duty at the CIQ complex then tried to take him to the nearest police station.

However, the man then got agitated and refused to cooperate, and offered a RM550 (S$213) bribe to Lance Corporal Awang Mohd Massahdi Awang Abunawas and Lance Corporal Mashri Sedek, said the officers.

"We were waiting for assistance before sending him to the nearby Central police station, but the suspect decided to speed off in his car," said Lance Corporal Awang Mohd.

The 20-minute pursuit took them all the way to Taman Sri Putri in Skudai, about 20km away.

The two officers recounted the incident on Tuesday after receiving their certificates of commendation from Johor police chief Senior Deputy Commissioner Mohd Mokhar Mohd Shariff at the state police contingent headquarters.

Lance Corporal Mashri said: "This is the first time someone tried to bribe us."

The suspect has been remanded, and he faces up to two years in jail if found guilty.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

JOHOR BARU (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - A Singaporean businessman led police on a 20km car chase when he tried to flee after failing to bribe them on Sunday.

In the 11.30pm incident, the 50-year old suspect, driving a Mercedes Benz, was headed to Singapore when he tried to cut the vehicle queue at the Bangunan Sultan Iskandar Customs, Immigration and Quarantine complex (CIQ), obstructing other vehicles in the process.

Two police traffic officers on duty at the CIQ complex then tried to take him to the nearest police station.

However, the man then got agitated and refused to cooperate, and offered a RM550 (S$213) bribe to Lance Corporal Awang Mohd Massahdi Awang Abunawas and Lance Corporal Mashri Sedek, said the officers.

"We were waiting for assistance before sending him to the nearby Central police station, but the suspect decided to speed off in his car," said Lance Corporal Awang Mohd.

The 20-minute pursuit took them all the way to Taman Sri Putri in Skudai, about 20km away.

The two officers recounted the incident on Tuesday after receiving their certificates of commendation from Johor police chief Senior Deputy Commissioner Mohd Mokhar Mohd Shariff at the state police contingent headquarters.

The suspect has been remanded, and he faces up to two years in jail if found guilty.

the police are very vigilant at the CIQ. never try to just throw a bribe at them thinking it is always the solution in these cases.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal

They should have confiscated his vehicle as well. All these fucking drivers think they are always above the law. You can see the same at the viaduct at the end of BKE just before the Singapore customs towards JB. When the jam is long, a few motorists will use the motorcycle lane and try to merge in towards the end of the viaduct. Both Malaysian and Singapore cars behave similarly.

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is a 30min durian buffet as stated in the signboard..feel abit stress to eat :smile: durian is in season these few weeks..shiok

For durians lovers only!...

Rm10 eat all you can durian buffet now can be found at opposite side of the road going to Sutera Mall from bestari. Think only Sunday .

Just wanted to share.... No comms for me..... Hehehe

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MENTERI Besar Datuk Khaled Nordin has, of late, repeatedly raised the issue of building more affordable housing for the people.

While the property market in Iskandar Malaysia is booming and the prices skyrocketing, he has expressed worry that this will exert tremendous pressure on the locals.
Owning a home is more and more an uphill task, as most developers are more interested in building high-end units costing RM500,000 and above each than fulfilling their social obligation to build affordable housing units for the low and low-medium income groups.
Housing policy in Malaysia requires a developer to allocate at least 30 per cent of the project for low and medium cost housing.
When profit is all that matters, it is unsure how many developers are bent on fulfilling that quota.
However, the shortage of affordable housing units in Iskandar Malaysia should give us a rough idea of how well our developers are meeting the obligation.
Khaled's concern over affordable housing units is understandable.
After all, shelter is one of life's basic necessities in life. It would be a joke if Iskandar Malaysia were to continue to prosper while the people suffered.
A New Straits Times report on Aug 10 read: "Buying interest in the booming Iskandar growth region across the border has prompted many sellers there to dramatically jack up asking prices for resale landed properties" and "Asking prices have surged as high as 50 per cent above valuation".
Personally, I did not know the property market in the growth region was doing so magnificently until I read that report.
This shows that foreigners, especially Singaporeans, are coming in droves to buy property in Iskandar Malaysia, which is leading house owners or property developers to mark up the prices to the level of over-valuation.

This is done at the expense of the locals, who will find it hard to compete with the purchasing power of Singaporeans armed with the republic's stronger currency.
In fact, it is common these days to hear folk grousing about how developers are more interested in catering to foreigners than the locals.
Now, back to the question of building affordable housing units.
If caning is the way to keep a child obedient, perhaps the state Housing Board should follow that cue by meting out a more painful punishment for those who do not fulfil their social obligation.
Iskandar Malaysia cannot afford to become a second Singapore when it comes to property prices.
The income of most Johoreans has not yet reached the level of Singaporeans.
A Housing Development Board flat in Singapore commands nothing less than S$300,000 (RM750,000). So, a common flat dweller in Singapore is suddenly a luxury condominium owner in Iskandar Malaysia.
The fact that a low-cost flat in Iskandar Malaysia costs only RM25,000 makes the comparison between a "Singaporean apple" and a "Malaysian apple" pathetic.
While there is nothing much the government can do about property prices, which are determined by supply and demand, the state should be swift in confronting developers who have failed to fulfil their obligations.
The living standard in Iskandar Malaysia is high enough. We shall not allow others to seize from us a basic life's necessity.
ximage.JPG.pagespeed.ic.uWd6rHUK4Q.jpg
More affordable housing may prove an effective solution to the perennial problem of squatters, such as these in Taman Sri Pandan. File pix

Poor Sinkies. Made a scapegoat again....

Last edited:

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eat too much durian can get stroke, especially for beer lover... watch out

Dun mean to throw a wet blanket on anyone's durian fantasies, i love durians, but they remind me of a remark a gym instructor once made to me: if u eat durian, limit urself to not more than 2 pips (ie. 2 seeds, not 2 fruits!) at one sitting, nothing more... and she was very strict about this. I suppose it only applies to those watching their weight.

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
They should have confiscated his vehicle as well. All these fucking drivers think they are always above the law. You can see the same at the viaduct at the end of BKE just before the Singapore customs towards JB. When the jam is long, a few motorists will use the motorcycle lane and try to merge in towards the end of the viaduct. Both Malaysian and Singapore cars behave similarly.

One of the reasons why I find crossing the causeway by car stressful. Even after u've gotten ur passport checked, re-joining the exit lane can be a headache if it is already jammed up and no one is prepared to give way for u. I remember seeing certain drivers follow behind the car in from so closely so that no one can try to potong masuk.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dun mean to throw a wet blanket on anyone's durian fantasies, i love durians, but they remind me of a remark a gym instructor once made to me: if u eat durian, limit urself to not more than 2 pips (ie. 2 seeds, not 2 fruits!) at one sitting, nothing more... and she was very strict about this. I suppose it only applies to those watching their weight.

http://www.healthxchange.com.sg/hea...myths-and-facts-about-the-king-of-fruits.aspx

think need more body workout.. but good for man i heard. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.