• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whathefish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Argh... just back with 3 hours Jam at 2nd Link, what's the occasion??

They need to do something about the checkpoints... geez...

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Argh... just back with 3 hours Jam at 2nd Link, what's the occasion??

School holiday season!
During such times, 1st link would probably be more predictable? I usually stay away from 2nd link during holiday weekends.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for sharing. It would be good to have those who have similar problems or do not encounter such problem to share their experience.

Maybe have to wait becos of strata title? I think faster for individual title house, mine already have the title issued shortly after vacant possession.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Always hearing Japanese grabbing many units in condo development. Do they buy only condos and not landed? Wonder why if yes.

Japanese grab many units of... everything. They tend to go for STAR projects though. They do buy land - they bought all the remaining bungalow lots at Ledang Heights leaving none available for moi :(

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those of you who are interested to experience jams (so that you can compare to PIE jam, CTE jam, strawberry jam) here are my recommendation:

1) Try travelling along Jalan Skudai towards JB city centre at about 8am in the morning from Sutera mall.
2) Try travelling along from Taman Molek via Pasir Gudang-JB highway towards Nusajaya at about 5pm on Saturday

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Japanese grab many units of... everything. They tend to go for STAR projects though. They do buy land - they bought all the remaining bungalow lots at Ledang Heights leaving none available for moi :(

Were they among the first few early buyers? I thought you already invested there quite early too? Do they build their own traditional Japanese styled houses (paper wall) with Jap theme gardens and artificial onsens in Ledang Hgts? Ha ha!

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those of you who are interested to experience jams (so that you can compare to PIE jam, CTE jam, strawberry jam) here are my recommendation:

1) Try travelling along Jalan Skudai towards JB city centre at about 8am in the morning from Sutera mall.
2) Try travelling along from Taman Molek via Pasir Gudang-JB highway towards Nusajaya at about 5pm on Saturday

I have tried both. I still feel the worst is PIE jam on Fri night.....

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

I understand that they are going to print more JPY that all of US and EUR combine ! The amount they going to print next 5 to 10yrs can buy the whole Malaysia , buyiing Iskandar is only a few cent to them . JPY will become bananas note like in WW2 liao.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same same at causeway. Crawled 800 metres in 3 hours to reach CIQ@1030pm ! After which , smooth clearance at both customs. Worst jam I experienced...

. [ QUOTE=Whathefish;1553346]Argh... just back with 3 hours Jam at 2nd Link, what's the occasion??

They need to do something about the checkpoints... geez...[/QUOTE]

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same same at causeway. Crawled 800 metres in 3 hours to reach CIQ@1030pm ! After which , smooth clearance at both customs. Worst jam I experienced...

. [ QUOTE=Whathefish;1553346]Argh... just back with 3 hours Jam at 2nd Link, what's the occasion??

[/QUOTE]

I take this as a good news that Singaporeans are warming up to JB. Actually a bit too hot.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Private Transport (shared by Arrowana)
+60187720310 Mr Gan or +60127681489 Mr Peter

Private transport service from anywhere in SG to any in MY.....or vise versa
$50 SIN OR 120RM!!!

HONEST FRIENDLY CHINESE UNCLE DRIVER. AIRPORT TRANSFER ALSO HAVE...
Vehicle used is Toyota Innova

Whole day is about RM 500 or about 200 plus SGD - Can bargain

2. [email protected] for another private car service - Large MPV

Taxi Service:

Singapore-Johore Taxi Operators’ Association (Johor Taxi Service)

Tel: (+65) 6296 7054
Ban San St Singapore

Singapore Taxis
S$45 one-way flat rate per vehicle (Singapore to Kotaraya Shopping Mall)
S$50 onwards per vehicle (Singapore to Kotaraya Shopping Mall to anywhere else in Malaysia)

Local Taxi while in Malaysia:
comfort cab in JB. Chinese Drivers - Tel.+6073 322852

Full Limo service:
http://www.limousinetransport.com/singapore-to-malaysia/

Romantic Train Rides
Orient Express (From Singapore to Thailand)
http://www.orient-express.com/web/eoe/eastern_and_oriental_express.jsp

Actual Horse riding lessons and jungle/beach trek
Horse riding:
http://amigoshorse.tripod.com/contact.html

Paintball with a few varieties, bow archery range besides it too
Indoor Paintball:
http://dangacitymall.com/dynamicpaintball/lang/en/

Parasailing, adventurous water sports, ATV, water theme parks. Good value for family:
http://lotusdesaru.com/

More for couples or those with young kids
http://www.pulaidesaru.com/

Fireflies cruise
http://www.travel.findbulous.info/kota-tinggi-firefly-park/?p=2730

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Just realised i must have the words "Information Counter" stenciled on my forehead hahaha.

In the space of 20 minutes pumping gas in a gas station, i had people driving local and out of state vehicles asking me in a mix of languages where is Giant, where is the Pariss hotel. Princeton hotel, etc. Where is the Sky Suites, ICBC etc. I even had a very mainland sounding person asking me if i knew where Legato was. I told him they re-branded it into Volcano.

When i got back to the car, my surprised wife asked how come so many people know me, as most of them waved after that. I said i didn't know any of them but basically seemed everyone needed some directions that night.

Only glad to point to the right way. The chap from China even followed me closely in his car as i showed him where Volcano was.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just realised i must have the words "Information Counter" stenciled on my forehead hahaha.

In the space of 20 minutes pumping gas in a gas station, i had people driving local and out of state vehicles asking me in a mix of languages where is Giant, where is the Pariss hotel. Princeton hotel, etc. Where is the Sky Suites, ICBC etc. I even had a very mainland sounding person asking me if i knew where Legato was. I told him they re-branded it into Volcano.

When i got back to the car, my surprised wife asked how come so many people know me, as most of them waved after that. I said i didn't know any of them but basically seemed everyone needed some directions that night.

Only glad to point to the right way. The chap from China even followed me closely in his car as i showed him where Volcano was.

Your years of accumulated helpfulness has grown into some glow that might not be visible to the naked eyes but sensed somehow by people who need help. I bet they while happy with your help didn't know you scored 100% with your answers. :smile:

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

No wonder. That day I saw a guy wearing a shirt with the big words "I'm a Street Directory".

Status
Not open for further replies.