• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crystal,
That day when everything went wrong was just not your day!

Those who ask you to persevere got magic powers!

So from today onwards, it's blue skies and everything nice!

See, first piece of news oready make big profit!

Wish you enjoy staying in your new house in JB.

A proud house owner! And hope more good things to come!

Hi all

thanks for your kind words yesterday .

Everything seem okay now as those I have complained all auto call me to update this morning.
UEM Rectification Supervisor called me to inform that they are in my house doing the work and me finally can received the TAC code on my msia nbr .
UEM security officer called and said they have warned the contractor who keep harrassing me and other new owners , anymore more complain they will be banned in NI.

And the best news is a neighbour who i jus know bought 8B end lot from subsale close to Rm800K !

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Crystal,
That day when everything went wrong was just not your day!

Those who ask you to persevere got magic powers!

So from today onwards, it's blue skies and everything nice!

See, first piece of news oready make big profit!

Wish you enjoy staying in your new house in JB.

A proud house owner! And hope more good things to come!

yes yes , yesterday was gloomy day ! and today the sun comes out ! exchange rates is getting better too ! hahahaahha
Thanks

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
erm , u so sure the story is real ? why is it always he get calls from guards that long distance relative visiting him and now bankers ?

Crystal, because he lives in HOLISON HEWS, drives a FELAALLY and is good LOOKING.....:eek: :biggrin: Oh, and also works in Sinagpore therfore belly, belly loaded........ ( just joking Bro.....OK....)

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
To residents of Horizon Hills, today I received a call from Guardhouse while I was working in Spore. Apparently some visitors who were dressed up nicely told the Guardroom they are "Bankers" and acting on behalf of RHB bank and they are there at my house to take pictures externally as the owner ( me ) wants to sell it.

When I spoke to the Malay guy ( supposedly banker ), he confidently read out my exact address and the "Buyer" name. I have absolutely no dealings with RHB bank whatever. When I asked which lawyer got him here, he mentioned the law firm is representing the buyer and the law firm is in Ipoh, Perak.

I have restricted his entry. I even warned the guards never to allow such personnel from so-called banks to enter the place indiscriminately. They were well dressed and even had fake documents to show the guards

I have noticed that in the last 2 weeks there seems to be more "well dressed" strangers who seem to be looking at "the houses". Last weekend while in the garden with my kids a very smartly dressed person was at my gate and initially commented on how my place looked then started enquiring about my neighbours and if they were interested to sell. Though I,continued to be polite I pointedly asked him how he got in and who was he visiting. He was quite vague as to who he was 'Visiting' and when pressed He informed me that he was an agent who came to view one of the houses at the owners request. He then made an excuse and left. I spoke to the guard at the guard house and was informed that he was actually visiting a house at the owners instructions!! He may have visited the house BUT then decides to look around.
If genuine, then not that worried, BUT can never tell. It ONLY takes 1 time for something bad to happen. Please DON'T get me wrong and think I'm scare mongering.... far from it, I want our community to be safe and free from these "THREATS", S thatn WE ALL may enjoy a relaxed and safe enviroment. As in ANY place be vigiliant and a good neighbour and look out for each other and the property, doesn't matter if one is Malaysian, Singaporean, Foreigner or Martian...... Look out for one another and WE won't be VICTIMS...... ( my 2 cents...)

ODYSSEY

Alfrescian
Loyal
Everything seem okay now as those I have complained all auto call me to update this morning.
UEM Rectification Supervisor called me to inform that they are in my house doing the work and me finally can received the TAC code on my msia nbr .
UEM security officer called and said they have warned the contractor who keep harrassing me and other new owners , anymore more complain they will be banned in NI.

Crystal, I am very happy that things are falling nicely in place for you! You are a strong person and I know you will survive these. I m upping your points cos u deserve them!

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
yes yes , yesterday was gloomy day ! and today the sun comes out ! exchange rates is getting better too ! hahahaahha
Thanks

Miracles do happens when one strongly believes in what one is doing, sometimes in the space of one day, a lot can happen and things may yet take a 180 degree change. :smile: Happy for you, hang in there.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I have restricted his entry. I even warned the guards never to allow such personnel from so-called banks to enter the place indiscriminately. They were well dressed and even had fake documents to show the guards

This is serious. Can you give us the name of the law firm? Let us have this checked out.
There are many helpful people on this forum as well as in real life and a few belongs to
the legal fraternity.

This is the list of the Malaysian bar for Perak.

http://www.malaysianbar.org.my/lega...Search=Search&lSearch=Yes&lQV=State&lState=PK

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I have noticed that in the last 2 weeks there seems to be more "well dressed" strangers who seem to be looking at "the houses". Last weekend while in the garden with my kids a very smartly dressed person was at my gate and initially commented on how my place looked then started enquiring about my neighbours and if they were interested to sell. Though I,continued to be polite I pointedly asked him how he got in and who was he visiting. He was quite vague as to who he was 'Visiting' and when pressed He informed me that he was an agent who came to view one of the houses at the owners request. He then made an excuse and left. I spoke to the guard at the guard house and was informed that he was actually visiting a house at the owners instructions!! He may have visited the house BUT then decides to look around.
If genuine, then not that worried, BUT can never tell. It ONLY takes 1 time for something bad to happen. Please DON'T get me wrong and think I'm scare mongering.... far from it, I want our community to be safe and free from these "THREATS", S thatn WE ALL may enjoy a relaxed and safe enviroment. As in ANY place be vigiliant and a good neighbour and look out for each other and the property, doesn't matter if one is Malaysian, Singaporean, Foreigner or Martian...... Look out for one another and WE won't be VICTIMS...... ( my 2 cents...)

Understandable especially now folks are looking to buy, etc it spurred the demand for the agents to do more deals as there are also more units available.

One time late in the night, a SG car came into Gateway and then swung by near my place before turning back out. I closed back the gates and followed him and saw him exiting the compound with an access card which was when i relaxed but i still checked with the guards just in case. The guard informed me that he came in to see if his parents was back as he was a owner and that they were out. Luckily, there are a lot of neighbours are very helpful and keep an eye out for each other here.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Mspimples, i am so sorry, i missed out the part about your mom, really sad to hear. Sometimes we do not know how cruel we are by our mere words alone and can make or break a persons heart.

My mother also had to wash the clothing of the whole family including all the 5 sisters just shortly after giving birth, she didn't even have confinement. Then because my sisters zodiac conflicted with that of another cousin, they took parangs and bath my sister (a mere baby then) in the tub filled with sharp knives.

Someone later stole something and even blamed everything on my mother, then borrowed money and lied that she never. My mum had arguments with my dad because of her but she never said anything to us. All these i never knew until a neighbour of my grandparents told me as i was visiting one day. I asked my mother and it was only then she tearfully told me about it.

Tells you of the status we had back then in the family, we were slightly above cockroach in the real sense. Soon after, my dad could not stand it any longer and went to apply for a 1 room flat secretly. He moved in the dead of night along with my mother and my sister. At that time, i was still swimming somewhere and was blissfully unaware but dad told me that though it broke his heart to do this, he had no choice.

The only person who felt for my dad back then was my grandfather but he was pretty powerless to do anything, move he was compelled and move he did.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Glad you didn't give up and kudos to your wife for having the courage to leave the company.
Most people work very hard for the company and hope to be rewarded accordingly and taken care of by the company. while this holds true say 20 years or more ago, sadly in today's environment, it no longer holds water.
It's always prudent to have some back up plan in the form of financial planning ie side business, investment in blue chips stocks and iskandar properties :smile:
so if the axe comes chopping, the awareness that one has got back-up plan, it will not be such a great blow. Otherwise the mental "ANGUISH" can be too much to bear.

Thank you, yes sadly she was treated like that even though she was the only one who always cared enough to stay working on weekends. She never missed a day of work and always arrived punctually. Whenever she had issues with work, she will call me and i had to help immediately. She was that serious about her work and did it with such pride. The miscarriage made me sat down and reflect on a lot of things, i sold my car, got a normal one and followed a very learned person on living life simply. Until today, he is still the role model i follow.

There was a project i was involved in back in 2001, someone senior i was supposed to meet up in a big bank in Shenton Way asked me to come for an appointment at 2pm after his lunch.

I dutifully complied and went up to the building, got to the floor, went out the lift and saw it totally devoid of any activity except chairs pushed aside as if in a hurry, cupboards opened and all the lights off. I thought i must have gotten the floor wrong but recalled it was that floor, so different was it from the bustling hub it once was just 2 weeks ago.

I called and called but there was no answer on his phone. I went down and checked with the guards. It was only then that i was told the floor has been retrenched. An entire floor converted to contractors and told to go in one day. It was only later in the evening that he called me and told me about the retrenchment exercise.

It is definitely imperative for one to have a back up plan these days, times have changed and many companies no longer value loyalty. In fact, they tend to look down on you if you are in the company for more than 5 years and think you have little market value or you would have been long gone. That is why one should not remain stagnant and being too comfortable in the comfort zone. Upgrading is just one way to stay relevant but it is not the only way, soft skills and an open attitude are what differentiates one from another especially in the "no quarter given/or expected" world that is today.

Change what you can, change yourself if its still not working out, when both have been done and exhausted, then perhaps it is time to change ones surroundings.

People tend to leave companies because of other people and seldom it is about the work itself. It is to get away and to perhaps find a new direction.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi,
On a light-hearted note, (pls don't get angry becos bygones are bygones), your real life happenings can form good scripts for some TV drama. My son ever mentioned that my mother's side and my father-in-law's side - the relatives also got 'interesting' happenings - also good materials for some TV drama. Hahaha!
What is more important is now - The Present! Looking back, you can smile silently to yourself! I quite believe in karma, what goes round comes round. And incidently, I also observe something - sometimes one generation 'ba zhi' is so strong, that nothing will get in their way, but it cannot be said for the next generation to be the same. I can't explain why, but it's really funny...why it happens the way it happened!

Thank you, i assure you these are not scripts but i certainly welcome any producers to reproduce any parts into a movie. Some movies or serials though, do awaken old wounds sometimes but i tend to skip them as soon as i see them. Little nonya was what i skipped totally as parts of the series was similar to the events in my family.

Reel life mirrors real life and the same applies the other way. I am no longer an angry young man and i realized albeit belatedly that you cannot choose your relatives. I only use these as reminders and milestones for myself and to tell myself i am past it. Sharing this so that people know that sometimes water is much thicker than blood and not to take good relatives and family members for granted.

A very learned old neighbour who have close relatives he did not speak to for the last 50 years. In his own words, "As a surgeon, i have learned to apply my skills in my practice in my relationships as well. Those that cause me constant pain and cannot be healed, i will cut it off."

There is no longer any anger since many years ago, just quiet acceptance and i am at peace. I do not wish even 1% of what they did to us on themselves, one should not live in constant hatred which was why i still helped them out whenever i can. Even the one who loudly exclaim that she will need to hide the roast duck from my family on CNY day, we treated her many times to restaurants. For those few good ones, somehow they will accept your help and it is really good to have the family together again. Be good to the ones who love you and even more so to the ones who hates you.

For the ones who have not forgiven themselves, even if you want to help them, their suspicion and fear of you trying to take revenge will stop them from accepting any help and viewing you with constant distrust. Only when they forgive themselves can they truly move on.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
This was the song that had a real impact on me, when i went through the worst period in my life, not a loss of money but the loss of a life.
Simple lyrics but yet so true.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-DmSJQWI-E

??????
So hard to tell the genuine from the fake

??????
Much trickery hidden by a smiling face

????????
How many can one really hope to share fame and fortune with?

???????
When even a dripping drop of water must be counted/split clearly

??????
Ignorant frog stuck in the well (me)

??????
Hoping in vain for gains and fame

???????
Only numbing emptiness does one see

???????
Who knew a beautiful house would turn into a pile of rubble (one day)

????????
If it was preordained, then it will come (eventually)

???????
If it was not meant to be, then learn to let go.

Another good song:

Last edited:

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey Wuqi, this part sounds familiar, but for father-in-law's case, it was 'chicken' and the rest is history... and he was also looked down upon by some relatives, and when he wanted to etch out on his own, these people mentioned words like - within 3 mths your biz will close down, or something to that tune.
But I think the person who mentioned these words may have forgotten what he had said but the person hearing it really pierced his heart; this made my FIL even more eager to succeed against all odds, and he indeed he did. Infact, if you look at it from another angle, all these help to carve out a person with a stronger character, and become a more understanding person.

You have come this far, treasure it. You have a big heart! All good things will fall into place!

Even the one who loudly exclaim that she will need to hide the roast duck from my family on CNY day,....

Last edited:

Mspimples

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mspimples, i am so sorry, i missed out the part about your mom, really sad to hear. Sometimes we do not know how cruel we are by our mere words alone and can make or break a persons heart.

My mother also had to wash the clothing of the whole family including all the 5 sisters just shortly after giving birth, she didn't even have confinement. Then because my sisters zodiac conflicted with that of another cousin, they took parangs and bath my sister (a mere baby then) in the tub filled with sharp knives.

Someone later stole something and even blamed everything on my mother, then borrowed money and lied that she never. My mum had arguments with my dad because of her but she never said anything to us. All these i never knew until a neighbour of my grandparents told me as i was visiting one day. I asked my mother and it was only then she tearfully told me about it.

Tells you of the status we had back then in the family, we were slightly above cockroach in the real sense. Soon after, my dad could not stand it any longer and went to apply for a 1 room flat secretly. He moved in the dead of night along with my mother and my sister. At that time, i was still swimming somewhere and was blissfully unaware but dad told me that though it broke his heart to do this, he had no choice.

The only person who felt for my dad back then was my grandfather but he was pretty powerless to do anything, move he was compelled and move he did.

Ya, u have to treat her well. Mother day coming lol.
Don't be like me, she gone to other part of the word when I move up the ladder.
But no use anymore cos no amount of money can bring her back. I seldom tell anyone except I happened to read abt yours. Wuqi bro, jia you, the past is the past. Look towards the future.
Our childhood may not be smooth cos we still young that time and can't to anything.
Now we grown up, there is nothing we can't do if we want to do.nothing is impossible, it's just whether u want to do it or not.
Ur wife is a power woman despite the lost of 2, she is brave enough to go thru for the other 2.
Many successful man forgot how their spouse suffer with them in the past. When they make it in life, they got many gfs. It is hurtful yet he can do it to the woman who been thru up and down with them.

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
yesterday heavy and serious flood/jam in tebrau/pasir gudang area...

[路况报告] Pandan路段从Tebrau通往JJ方向出现严重淹水情况。如果不想你的车子动弹不得,请避开相关路段。

注1:EDL目前严重塞车
注2:八星前往国光天桥之路也塞车
注3:Perling桥底通往Tampoi大路严重淹水

Flood after Pandan at Taman Daya exit. River overflowed. No car can pass through the road. Heavy traffic towards Ulu Tiram.

Status
Not open for further replies.