• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a rare individual you have come across. Most people wouldn't intentionally block the driveway unless the property is unoccupied? You should take photos of the occurrences and bring it up to the HH customer service office. My neighbour has 4 cars but they are accommodating and courteous enough not to impede other owners and traffic flow.

My unpleasant encounter with Malaysian/SPR.......???????? When he first introduced himself to me he proudly claims he's a Singaporean. Today he states his Malaysian and SPR!!!!!! He claims it's that as he has bought a property here in Horizon Hills Golf precinct, he can park in front of my house and impeded my entry and exit from my drive??? Trying to reason with him has led to angry words exchanged. Township has spoken to him on several occasions BUT that has no effect. The DMC that the purchasers have signed doesn't seem to apply to him, so it seems. Only applies to the other owners!!!! He's bought a SD and has his in-laws staying with him thereby having 5 or 6 cars. So he has decided the road in front of my house is his "personal" parking space. My concern is that others will take it as alright to follow and park in front of my neighbours and my house ad he doesn't have enough parking space for all the cars in his house!! So much for living in a High-end community!!!!! I have escalated this to the management and now waiting for their decision.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am working with Customer Services to find an amicable solution. Unfortunately this individual has openly declared, that he bought the property for RM1 and therefore he IS entitled to park in the "common area" which also happens to be my driveway access!! As to taking photos, done that with the accompanying verbal abuse both in English and Hokkien!!!! Ahh, the joys of multi culturalism...... ( in this instances not that hilarious.....)

You're has the 'neighbourly' spirit in him. He thinks of his neighbour.

Last edited:

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am working with Customer Services to find an amicable solution. Unfortunately this individual has openly declared, that he bought the property for RM1 and therefore he IS entitled to park in the "common area" which also happens to be my driveway access!! As to taking photos, done that with the accompanying verbal abuse both in English and Hokkien!!!! Ahh, the joys of multi culturalism...... ( in this instances not that hilarious.....)

You're has the 'neighbourly' spirit in him. He thinks of his neighbour.

wah so cheap ah RM1 dollar only? :wink:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha, so"hot" until cannot count..... Suppose to be ".......RM1mil".....

Wish it was that simple.... RM10 and mine.......(heavenly..... No more cerita....)

Last edited:

D Lim

hey guys just went for a property talk re a new development called Paragon Suites, apparently near the new MRT just across the causeway.

Apparently within walking distance of the MRT, and 10% early bird discount.Anyone checked it out yet ? Agent made it sound like MRT was quite a sure thing so am very tempted. Plus v close to Peter Lim's medical hub and to City Square also.

And at about RM800+ psf, a lot cheaper than Sky 88, which is much further away from the MRT.

What do you all think ?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
(( Back by popular demand ;D ))

Instead of getting a SGD3mil(RM7.5mil) terrace in Sg's not-so-glam district that comes with parking wars with neighbors everyday, why not use the same amount to build yourself a luxury, freehold villa with swimming pool and your own ample parking space in your 25,000 sq ft villa compound located in the city centre(prime land). Build it exactly the way you like it. A big field to play football. Karaoke room, billiard room, movie room, mahjong room, whatever room. Walk-in wardrobe, walk-in Carlsberg fridge, walk-in shoe rack, walk-in anytime you like ;D Photos below are just examples for comparison.

Photo below: SGD3mil terraces in Sg(Seletar Green estate facing AMK Ave 5 Industrial estate)
28742_10151212847444667_906764816_n.jpg

All photos below are examples of freehold villas which you can build for yourself in Iskandar Johor with the same amount of money for the above terrace(RM7.5mil);
547054_492665457443545_1806697192_n.jpg

32181_10151263035784667_1840734416_n.jpg

263249_10151263035839667_1913864607_n.jpg

424555_10151263035914667_461410261_n.jpg

408655_10151263035724667_864426853_n.jpg

Last edited:

LadyArwen

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Some unpleasant changes coming...BN don t want Johore to end up like another kelantan, Trengganu or kedah. These states were won by PAS after the Malays complained about the same thing 5 years ago.

Chamber says Johor Malays poorest due to Iskandar

By Nomy Nozwir

KUALA LUMPUR, Jan 15 — The Malay Chamber of Commerce (DPMM) claimed today Johor Malays are currently the country’s poorest community, a problem it blamed on Iskandar Malaysia.

Its president Datuk Syed Ali Alattas (picture) said Putrajaya’s land privatisation programme and large-scale land sale to foreigners under the project had triggered massive inflation in the state.

This had made it more difficult for the state’s Malay majority, which he described as poor, to cope with the higher cost of living.

“During the 1800s, the Johor Malays were the richest in the country but they are now the poorest. This is caused by foreigners buying up land here (and caused inflation). We can no longer cope with the high cost of living,” he told a press conference here.

“The development of Iskandar is pushing the Malays backwards, making them more marginalised economically,” he said, adding that the economic disparity between the Johor Malays and the non-Malays was one of the key issues raised at its recent congress.

The Iskandar Malaysia project, situated in Nusajaya at the southern tip of Johor, was conceived during the Abdullah administration. It covers 2,217 sq km and is thrice the size of Singapore

Initially seen as competition, a Singapore paper had reported that the Iskandar project had swayed more expatriates into opting to live on this side of the Causeway, drawn by cheaper and bigger homes in Johor, while Malaysians are grappling to find affordable housing.

While Singapore’s expatriates eye the relatively cheaper houses in Malaysia, Malaysians, especially those who have just joined the workforce, complain that they cannot afford to buy houses. The Singapore dollar is worth about 2.5 times more than the Malaysian ringgit.

In the past, conservative Malay leaders had expressed fear that Johor would be swamped by Singaporeans.

Former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, was also reported to have said that Iskandar would help Singapore expand its sovereignty and “drive” Malays into the “forest”.

But a landmark resolution to the long-standing dispute over Malaysian-owned railway land in Singapore 2010 had led not only to a new era of more cordial relations between the two countries but also several landmark deals including a RM3 billion jointly-developed iconic wellness resort in Iskandar.

Singapore is currently the largest source of investment in Iskandar this year.

According to the Chamber, Malays only own 24,000 from the 500,000 acres land accorded for Iskandar.

Syed Ali said the group is calling on the Najib administration to “revise” its policies on Iskandar by reserving “30 per cent of Nusajaya” for the Malays.

The Chamber also wanted Putrajaya to reserve the land in Iskandar for the Malays instead of “foreigners”.

LadyArwen thinks The Malay Chamber of Commerce are on the side of Pakatan Rakyat. However, Johor is BN stronghold - it will be a tall order for the anal man to take Johor. Fret not, my dad has promised Rivendell is on standby to assist the inhabitants on this land.

Last edited:

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
oic. but i think for budget of 7.5mil it will be a bit hard to build something like that.

you probably need at least 1 acre or 43560 sqft of land to build the house, the swimming pool that size and still have the extra space for you to play football.

the land itself may cost upto 4mil at around RM100psf. balance budget of 3.5mil is a bit tight to build all those thing. maybe do-able if empty building without all the furnishing.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I wonder SG goverment will like the idea of their population staying at JB. while this maybe good for the people but it also mean a large chuck of $$ will flow out of SG.

Giving credit where its due. They are well aware and thats why it has joined in to become a stakeholder in Iskandar midway.
Its going to be symbiotic in the sense that they lose some but they still win some in the end.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
This is a rare individual you have come across. Most people wouldn't intentionally block the driveway unless the property is unoccupied? You should take photos of the occurrences and bring it up to the HH customer service office. My neighbour has 4 cars but they are accommodating and courteous enough not to impede other owners and traffic flow.

It is very important not to do things like that, neighbourliness is really important as no matter how rich or connected you are, you still need your neighbours as they can help you much faster then any relatives can. I personally am blessed to have good neighbours and i go out of the way to dampen the sound of my autogates, switch off main car headlights when parking and i move my cars around so that i never trouble my neighbours.

I mentioned this a long time ago but just to share here again.

When i first moved in though, one neighbour kept parking her car inside one of my houses citing its too hot. When we asked her to remove it, she took her time many times.

In the end, one fine day my dad couldn't take it anymore and locked the car inside the house and told her he will call the police on my behalf. From then on, no more disturbance. I think there is still a peaceful way around it, else alert some helpful neighbours to park their cars all around his.

There are some very helpful people around.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
My unpleasant encounter with Malaysian/SPR.......???????? When he first introduced himself to me he proudly claims he's a Singaporean. Today he states his Malaysian and SPR!!!!!! He claims it's that as he has bought a property here in Horizon Hills Golf precinct, he can park in front of my house and impeded my entry and exit from my drive??? Trying to reason with him has led to angry words exchanged. Township has spoken to him on several occasions BUT that has no effect. The DMC that the purchasers have signed doesn't seem to apply to him, so it seems. Only applies to the other owners!!!! He's bought a SD and has his in-laws staying with him thereby having 5 or 6 cars. So he has decided the road in front of my house is his "personal" parking space. My concern is that others will take it as alright to follow and park in front of my neighbours and my house ad he doesn't have enough parking space for all the cars in his house!! So much for living in a High-end community!!!!! I have escalated this to the management and now waiting for their decision.

Hmm why focal point seem to be on nationality for neighbour dispute..does nationality play a part in neighbour dispute? Recently I found my car knocked when I returned to car park in JB, but I never thought of the nationality of who knocked my car.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmm why focal point seem to be on nationality for neighbour dispute..does nationality play a part in neighbour dispute? Recently I found my car knocked when I returned to car park in JB, but I never thought of the nationality of who knocked my car.

Maybe the neighbour wants to imply to Grago that its his (the neighbour's) grandfather's country so he can park anywhere his wants in HH. Hahha nincompoop. I'm a Malaysian and never would have even think of this kind of thing even if its indeed my grandfather country (my grandfather is Msian mah!). This kind of people memang memalukan Malaysian only..boo!

Kentang

Alfrescian
Loyal
sad to say many examples of this can find in our own shore if something goes wrong must be foreign talent or spr fault, sad but true and many examples can be found in hwz forum like edmw.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
'No more theme parks for Iskandar'

Themed Attractions and Resorts Sdn Bhd, Khazanah Nasional's recreation and tourism outfit, has no plans now to increase
the number of theme parks at Iskandar Malaysia.

Its Chief Development Officer Muhammad Zainal Ashikin said currently the company was devoting full attention to run Legoland Malaysia and Puteri Harbour Family theme parks at the economic corridor.

The RM750 million Legoland Malaysia was opened on Sept 15 last year while the RM115 million Puteri Harbour Family Theme Park began receiving visitors in December last year.

"Our hands are quite full right now with Legoland Malaysia and Puteri Harbour Family Theme Park. We've also announced our plans to open marine and water theme parks at the Desaru holiday resort.

"Currently, we are focusing full attention to run the existing theme parks at Iskandar Malaysia and are working on our plans to develop marine and water theme parks in Desaru."We've no plans as yet to open a third theme park at Iskandar Malaysia," he
told Bernama.

The Ocean Quest Marine Theme Park and Air Ocean Splash Water Park at the Desaru holiday resort are slated to be opened to the public in 2015 or 2016.

Themed Attractions and Resorts is expected to open the Legoland Water Theme Park and Legoland Hotel, to be located adjacent to the Legoland Malaysia Theme Park, this year and next year, respectively.

Last year, the company opened the Kidzania Theme Park in Kuala Lumpur and intends to open Kidzania Singapore next year.

Since their opening, Legoland Malaysia Theme Park and Puteri Harbour Family Theme Park, which boasts the Sanrio Hello Kitty Town, the first outside Japan, have wooed thousands of visitors from within and outside the country. -- Bernama

marky

My unpleasant encounter with Malaysian...???

I'm facing da same problem here in Bt Indah. They'd park their car away from their own gates and closer to mine such that it is difficult for me to reverse into my house. Nothing has changed in the past 10 years that I've been here. They also started throwing their rubbish into my house or putting their trash on my side of the property.

I'm hoping to move to a condo... I've had it with the locals :(

Status
Not open for further replies.