• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
1000 psf seems expensive today but I am very certain when we look back in year 2020 (not too far away but far enough), it will be a totally different picture. I am not sure how many of you remember those days when S$1000 psf was unimaginable.....People were saying siow liao, property sure to crash in no time, none of us can afford it anymore. So, what happened, you may ask? The most expensive suburb then, got even more expensive today. One simple answer, our paper money got smaller and space got lesser.

Cheers
N

It may well be, i wasn't referring to landed but other types of properties which should not be so much more expensive especially at this point in time.
Of course i may be wrong though but i wouldn't go for anything above 700 psf as its still my "safety" line since lots of properties are still available at 700psf and below, anything above 800 psf is passing the "shark line" at the beach IMHO. This refers to current prices and of course prices may scale up or down tomorrow.

I don't waste time worrying about tomorrow, i just make sure i have done my due dilligence today and tomorrow will take care of itself.

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMHO, ceiling fan is a must, do bedroom set instead, get those on discounts. I usually do mine fully furnished so that folks who want to rent can move in fast and also get a higher rental yield. It may also make it easier to sell next time as the new owner just need to bring minimal items in if they are not fussy.

Especially for rental units, i get them from Izola wholesale and furnished multiple units at once to save on costs, etc. They will also put additional brackets in the bedframe so that at the end of 2 years, i still get a bed which is still usable. Frames for tables too.

Get old but still usable furniture re-upholstered and it will be like brand new and use them for the rental units if new furniture is not required.

Thank you Wuqi, as usual... you are most helpful :smile:
Saw the izola website and the furnishing looks good. I will pop by later after dinner.

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, to update.. Went persada Mega Home fair today, not alot of vendors actually. I was expecting the equivalent of our fair at singapore expo or bigger. Only placed an order of kichent cabinet from Classy Kitchen. Was looking for shower screen vendor but there was none.

moochi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some brochures from the Persada Mega Home Fair

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 198
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 188
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 179
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 182
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 187
Last edited:

currahee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh, to update.. Went persada Mega Home fair today, not alot of vendors actually. I was expecting the equivalent of our fair at singapore expo or bigger. Only placed an order of kichent cabinet from Classy Kitchen. Was looking for shower screen vendor but there was none.
how was the package from classy kitchen?

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Abang .. check this out http://www.rehdainstitute.com/research-a-resources/housing.html#MSIA_LAUNCHES
and doubt they have it like what SG is having..
Dun understand why make so much efforts to monitor the price...View attachment 7213
Beri simple to buy one, just start from RM 500k.View attachment 7214

Back track a bit and recall "doubt they have it like what SG is having.."em39.gif. I stand corrected...
Useful links info of mly housing transactions and others(online services).

http://www.jpph.gov.my/V2/index.php?versi=1
http://jpph.info/

Artesan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was at the home fair too. Saw many booths selling water filters (outdoor).
Is it very necessary to install them in MY? Also what r the more reputable brands.
Many thanks

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree with your comments. I guess my point was about taking a longer term horizon, property which seems expensive today will sound cheap in say 5 to 10 years. I was refering to the figure of 1000 psf as a matter of reference.
Your point about buying 700 psf condo instead of 1000 psf is absolutely valid because currently there are a lot of choices at that range. Arguably, 500 psf might be even more palatable for most people but there are compromises (eg, location, view, quality, features, freehold/leasehold - which tend to be more personal). More importantly, buy within your means and know for a fact that, property prices will continue to rise over a period of time.

Cheers
N

It may well be, i wasn't referring to landed but other types of properties which should not be so much more expensive especially at this point in time.
Of course i may be wrong though but i wouldn't go for anything above 700 psf as its still my "safety" line since lots of properties are still available at 700psf and below, anything above 800 psf is passing the "shark line" at the beach IMHO. This refers to current prices and of course prices may scale up or down tomorrow.

I don't waste time worrying about tomorrow, i just make sure i have done my due dilligence today and tomorrow will take care of itself.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like Wuqi last statement - "I don't waste time worrying about tomorrow, I just make sure I have done my due diligence today and tomorrow will take care of itself."

Very wise step. Most worry too much about tomorrow and didn't do enough today. Wrong step! Make use of what you can do today (research, plan your finances, project your cash-flow and take action) and stop worrying about tomorrow or what your friends did or not doing.

Cheers
N

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes ! I agreed to that statement too! Just hope that my wife sure the same sentiment with me too. My affordable range price from 500k to 650k. Anything above may not be possible. Actually now my concern is the 20% down. If the downpayment applicable when TOP i think i still can make it. But i doubt so, now either i have to loan the 20% and pay off within the completion date of the house or otherwise. Monthly payment of RM$3k to 4k for me is not a problem but also depend banks willing to loan me also. Im actually looking into the new condo in HH which are for our stay and retirement use. So Now what i can do is talk to wife, if wife agreed with the planning, Sunday go down check with the sales if best theres banker there too can dicuss on the loan issue. So now just pray hard everything will go smooth according for me..:smile:

Last edited:

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am going to Masai from woodland checkpoint via EDL. My gps suggest to exit to jalan pantai. does anyone knows if the permas - pasir gudang highway is ready for use? if not, which is the best route to go Masai? Tks.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes ! I agreed to that statement too! Just hope that my wife sure the same sentiment with me too. My affordable range price from 500k to 650k. Anything above may not be possible. Actually now my concern is the 20% down. If the downpayment applicable when TOP i think i still can make it. But i doubt so, now either i have to loan the 20% and pay off within the completion date of the house or otherwise. Monthly payment of RM$3k to 4k for me is not a problem but also depend banks willing to loan me also. Im actually looking into the new condo in HH which are for our stay and retirement use. So Now what i can do is talk to wife, if wife agreed with the planning, Sunday go down check with the sales if best theres banker there too can dicuss on the loan issue. So now just pray hard everything will go smooth according for me..:smile:

Under construction schedule/progress payment is per the standard SPA's third schedule -> http://www.hba.org.my/laws/housing_reg/2007/schH/schH-2007.htm

i.e. pay 10% upon signing SPA, then billed another 10% when building's foundation is completed, and so on. If you borrowing 80%, this means the 35% billing, the developer will bill the Bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.