• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
More good stuff, meanwhile i got a friend asking about Iskandar today, he asked me how long does it take for him to go if he takes a plane there and ask me which part of KL it is in. <Running out of blood to cough>

Lol, quite funny but to be fair if your friend in from outside SG/MY, cannot blame him for asking these questions.

Well, when I was a young kid who moved from Malaysia to Singapore during my secondary school days, I noticed that alot of my Singaporean classmates dont know about Malaysia other than JB and Johor. When I told them I hail from Ipoh, Perak they give me blank stares and dont understand what I am talking about. When I told them Ipoh is 190km north of KL, they at least understood abit.

Sooo yeah. Sporeans were (in my mind then) pretty ignorant of their closest neighbour.

Hongqigong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nice.. Will you consider MM2H?

30 days almost up, so we tried to do the u-turn at 2nd link MY customs instead of going back to Sgp.

There are signs in blue background and white letters that direct you to u-turn back to Malaysia.

We followed and it did not lead to the customs booth, the U-turn is around the RELA office. We have to park the car near RELA office, and walk to the nearest customs officer booth to get our passports stamped / scanned. No trouble at all during the off peak hour.

But I wonder if I can u-turn further ahead, so that I can drive to the customs officer booth, as if drving in from Singapore? :*:

Hongqigong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ipoh is real beautiful and everything is so much cheaper.. I like those houses facing the lake.. maciam heaven

Lol, quite funny but to be fair if your friend in from outside SG/MY, cannot blame him for asking these questions.

Well, when I was a young kid who moved from Malaysia to Singapore during my secondary school days, I noticed that alot of my Singaporean classmates dont know about Malaysia other than JB and Johor. When I told them I hail from Ipoh, Perak they give me blank stares and dont understand what I am talking about. When I told them Ipoh is 190km north of KL, they at least understood abit.

Sooo yeah. Sporeans were (in my mind then) pretty ignorant of their closest neighbour.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

The sad thing is he is from SG and after explaining very patiently, i sent him a map yesterday. His wife is from Penang but has no idea as well. Seems as if everyone just realised that this place exists.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Ipoh is real beautiful and everything is so much cheaper.. I like those houses facing the lake.. maciam heaven

That is indeed very nice, quite a few choice developments there, good place to retire i would think.

One day when i no longer work for others, one of the places i may consider although my favourite destination would be the highlands. It will be a place where, if i still live long enough, i hope to enjoy it far from the maddening crowd.

隱居深山
與世無爭
不問對錯
一身平靜

家庭幸福
找回自我
簡簡單單
默默離開

世界苦樂
棺材蓋關
再也不回
請忘了我

:smile:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
隱居深山, 與世無爭, 不問對錯, 一身平靜

家庭幸福, 找回自我, 簡簡單單, 默默離開

世界苦樂, 棺材蓋關, 再也不回, 請忘了我

Makes me think of this song:-

[video=youtube;GTtXDp2OVSs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTtXDp2OVSs[/video]

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Interesting news

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2012/9/28/nation/20120928161303&sec=nation

Housing for Rakyat

124. The Government acknowledges that comfortable and affordable housing is the most important basic necessity for the rakyat. The Government is committed in ensuring that the rakyat has the opportunity to own a house. This is not only an economic imperative, but also a moral imperative for a responsible Government. Therefore, the Government will make affordable housing a continuous priority. I am happy to announce that the Government will allocate RM1.9 billion to build 123,000 affordable housing units in strategic locations in 2013. The initiative will be implemented by PR1MA, Syarikat Perumahan Nasional Berhad (SPNB) and Jabatan Perumahan Negara.

125. A total of RM500 million will be spent by PR1MA to build 80,000 houses in major locations nationwide with the selling price ranging between RM100,000 and RM400,000 per unit. Among the locations are Kuala Lumpur, Shah Alam, Johor Bahru, Seremban and Kuantan.

126. In addition, PR1MA will provide the Housing Facilitation Fund totalling RM500 million to build houses in collaboration with private housing developers. The house prices under this programme will be 20% lower than the market price and distributed through an open balloting system.

127. Meanwhile RM320 million will be allocated through SPNB to build 22,855 residential units including low and medium-cost apartments, Rumah Mesra Rakyat and Rumah Mampu Milik. SPNB's housing projects, which will be implemented immediately, include the construction of 1,855 medium-cost apartment units with a built-up area of 850 square feet in Shah Alam and Sungai Buloh. These units will be sold at about RM120,000 to RM220,000 per unit.

128. With regard to Rumah Mesra Rakyat programme, SPNB will build a total of 21,000 houses in 2013. Under this programme, SPNB will construct houses priced at RM65,000 per unit with a subsidy of RM20,000 as well as a 2% subsidy on interest rate.

129. In addition, a sum of RM543 million will be provided to Jabatan Perumahan Negara for the implementation of 45 projects under the Rakyat Housing Programme (PPR) involving 20,454 units which will be constructed through the Industrialised Building System (IBS). These units of houses will be sold at a price between RM30,000 and RM40,000 per unit, much lower than the market price of about RM120,000 per unit. The Government will also allocate 20% of the PPR houses to public sector employees and 1% to the disabled.

130. To enable more Malaysian own their first residential property, My First Home Scheme, which was launched under the previous Budget, will be improved by increasing the income limit for individual loans from RM3,000 to RM5,000 per month or joint loans of husband and wife of up to RM10,000 per month. In addition, the requirement for a savings record equivalent to three months instalment and minimum employment of six months will be abolished.

131. In the 2009 Budget, the Government had given a 50% stamp duty exemption on the instrument of transfer agreements and loan agreements for the purchase of the first residential property of up to RM350,000. The Government proposes that the stamp duty exemption is extended to 31 December 2014 with the price limit on residential properties raised to RM400,000. Revision of Real Property Gain Tax

132. The limited supply of real property especially in urban areas has provided opportunities for speculative activities. Therefore, the Government proposes the real property gains tax (RPGT) from the disposal of properties made within a period not exceeding 2 years from the date of purchase will be taxed at the rate of between 15% and 10% of disposal of property within a period of 2 to 5 years. For property disposed after 5 years from the date of acquisition, RPGT is not applicable. In addition, gains from the disposal of one residential property once in a lifetime and disposal of properties based on love and affection between husband and wife, parents and children, grandparents and grandchildren are exempted from RPGT.
Tax Incentive for Revival of Abandoned Housing Projects

133. Furthermore, in 2013 the Government will allocate RM100 million to the Ministry of Housing and Local Government to revive 30 abandoned housing projects. In addition, to encourage the involvement of the private sector, the Government will provide tax incentives as follows:

First: Banking institutions be given tax exemption on interest income received from the rescuing contractor/developer;

Second: Rescuing developer be given a double deduction on interest paid and all direct costs incurred in obtaining loans;

Third: Rescuing contractor be given stamp duty exemption on all instruments executed for the purpose of transfer of land or houses and loan agreements to finance the cost of revival; and

Fourth: Original house buyer in the abandoned project be given stamp duty exemption on all instruments executed for the purpose of obtaining additional finance and the transfer of the house.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Revised version - Courtesy of inputs from Ms Tee. :smile:

Those who are buying properties in the near future, please take note of the following to avoid wasting your time and that of the property owner or agent as well.

Applies mainly to residential properties. This is by no means 100% accurate and case by case exceptions do take place from time to time. When in doubt, seek legal or expert aid.

For any property for any development, if you are not Singaporean and have no Malaysia/Singapore wife(*subject to Wife is working and income can be justified thru CPF statement, Notice of Assesment,Bank statement. bank might consider for 80% loan) = Most of the time cannot get any loan above 60% of the valuation for the property.Pure foreigners entitled for 60% loan.

For any property for any development, if you are Singaporean and have no credit history in Malaysia = 70-80% loan for most of the time. Exception is if you and/or spouse are drawing a high enough pay, then can appeal for 85-90% loan but on a case by case basis. Except if its the 2nd or third property. Then 80% for 2nd and usually 70% for the third property.

For any property for any development, if you are Malaysian = 80-90% loan for most of the time except if its the 2nd or third property. Then usually 70% for the third property. If you are a Singaporean or a foreigner with a Malaysian wife(*subject to Wife is working and income can be justified thru EPF statement, Income Tax,Bank statement. bank might consider for 90% loan with prompt payment record in Malaysia), you may be able to get into this category especially if she is working in Malaysia and has a credit history that they can refer to.

*To be eligible for most bank loans at 80%, a couple combined income must be at least 10,000 MYR (Ringgit) or 5000 SGD monthly (They use 2x rather than 2.4 or 2.5) For those who are Malaysians or married to one, then they may use 2.4 to calculate. (Subject to bank’s policy and it is advisable to calculate at SGD1=RM2)

Stocks, rental yield and bank statement as well as CBS statements can also be used to support higher bank loan percentage.

Assuming 80% loan, the following applies:

For a 500k property, one must prepare at least 20%, meaning about 100k MYR (Ringgit). This is not inclusive of any stamp duty, levy or legal fees.
Added on, It can go up to another 30,000 MYR (Ringgit) - Meaning one needs at least 130,000 MYR (Ringgit) to be on the safe side.

For a 700k property, one must prepare at least 20%, meaning about 140k MYR (Ringgit). This is not inclusive of any stamp duty, levy or legal fees.
Added on, It can go up to another 3-40,000 MYR (Ringgit) - Meaning one needs at least 180,000 MYR (Ringgit) to be on the safe side.

For a 900k property, one must prepare at least 20%, meaning about 180k MYR (Ringgit). This is not inclusive of any stamp duty, levy or legal fees.
Added on, It can go up to another 3-40,000 MYR (Ringgit) - Meaning one needs at least 210,000 MYR (Ringgit) to be on the safe side.

Ones monthly loan for a house should be at a maximum of 1/3 of ones monthly income. For someone to service a monthly loan of 3000 MYR for example, their combined income (couple) should be 10,000 MYR monthly.

Example:

For a loan of 500k,monthly installment is RM2,475.00 for 30yrs.Income required must be at least 3times for your installment amount.Meaning to say,income must be at least SGD3.8k

For a loan of 700k,monthly installment is RM3,464.00 for 30yrs.Income must be at least SGD5.3k.

For a loan of 1m,monthly installment is RM4,949.00 for 30yrs.Income must be at least SGD7.5k.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Pretty grateful to my good bros here, got very good mooncakes from hotels/famous makers, very nice (curry puffs) from Pelangi area. The curry puffs this good bro bought deserves several threads on its own merits.

Today, when in the midst of a busy Q end, a good bro dropped by, came into JB and then specially bought some "tau huay" from Lubang.

He told me the food is ok for his family but the "tau huay" (tou hua, soya bean based dessert with sweetened base) is to die for. He brought it in specially for me. I was going to resist eating it until i am done with work but my wife passed a spoonful to me as she said i must try rightaway.

Man, straightaway i said "tai bang le !!" with a Beijing twang and tucked in straightaway ala "Miao shou xiao chu shi" style.

Very nice and can outmatch our Rochor version. Cannot help but share this with bros here especially those who like this desert.
Lamented my wife, how you ever going to slim down like that??

-Not related in any form or way or related to anyone in this restaurant in any way, not related as well to the landlord of this restaurant.

Last edited:

rogersk8ter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cooling Measures: RPGT Increased.

*In a bid to curb speculation, the Government proposes the real property gains tax (RPGT) from the disposal of properties made within a period not exceeding 2 years from the date of purchase will be taxed at the rate of between 15% and 10% of disposal of property within a period of 2 to 5 years. For property disposed after 5 years from the date of acquisition, RPGT is not applicable.

So how wld this affect ur decision?

More cooling measures coming in view of property bubble?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Cooling Measures: RPGT Increased.

tot wat was rpgt ... tot it was real peekture got tok! ...

wat bid 2 curb speculation is dat? ... want me 2 pay tax? ... me ask 4 higher cov 2 cover ze tax lor! ...

Last edited:

Hongqigong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Where can I buy such tau Huey? I want to try tomorrow leh

Pretty grateful to my good bros here, got very good mooncakes from hotels/famous makers, very nice (curry puffs) from Pelangi area. The curry puffs this good bro bought deserves several threads on its own merits.

Today, when in the midst of a busy Q end, a good bro dropped by, came into JB and then specially bought some "tau huay" from Lubang.

He told me the food is ok for his family but the "tau huay" (tou hua, soya bean based dessert with sweetened base) is to die for. He brought it in specially for me. I was going to resist eating it until i am done with work but my wife passed a spoonful to me as she said i must try rightaway.

Man, straightaway i said "tai bang le !!" with a Beijing twang and tucked in straightaway ala "Miao shou xiao chu shi" style.

Very nice and can outmatch our Rochor version. Cannot help but share this with bros here especially those who like this desert.
Lamented my wife, how you ever going to slim down like that??

-Not related in any form or way or related to anyone in this restaurant in any way, not related as well to the landlord of this restaurant.

Guanyi

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is indeed very nice, quite a few choice developments there, good place to retire i would think.

One day when i no longer work for others, one of the places i may consider although my favourite destination would be the highlands. It will be a place where, if i still live long enough, i hope to enjoy it far from the maddening crowd.

隱居深山
與世無爭
不問對錯
一身平靜

家庭幸福
找回自我
簡簡單單
默默離開

世界苦樂
棺材蓋關
再也不回
請忘了我

I think we can also achieve the state of mind even if we are living in a crowded city. It is all in the mind. If one can be contented with what he/she has and not trying to compare with others, he/she will be happier. I believe you will have a happier family if you spare another half hour per day for your family. Lend a helping hand to others whenever you can (like Wuqi). Life is short. Enjoy it while you can.

I moved to the little red dot when I was a 18 year kid. It has been more than 30 years now. The Island has given me the platform to excel. It was not a smooth sailing. I spent close to 10 year doing part time study to up grade myself. I am proud of what I have achieved today even though I have not made a $M cash. I am thanksful that I have the red dot to fall back to more than 30 years ago.

At my age, I want to be able to spend some good time with my larger family, most of whom are living JB. That is the reason for me to vest in Nusajaya. Have a good and peaceful weekend!

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
After age 50, it is only M$150K. Don't need big sack of cash macam prc ppl to join MM2H. Also you just put in FD, just like we have saving account. Can consider.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Where can I buy such tau Huey? I want to try tomorrow leh

Yes, its at Lu Bang, its a restaurant near RHB bank in Bukit Indah area, along the Nusa Bestari path and right opposite the road from Station One Cafe/Ambank.

Finally finishing off work and have to sleep early for early morning appointment. Good night! :smile:

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Cooling Measures: RPGT Increased.

Already discussed in the main thread. Merging this.

Just today, excluding this thread, already 15 was created and deleted by spammers selling stuff or promoting fake hermes handbags amongst others.

My 2 cents, for those with properties:

Sell now if you are liable for the additional tax and you think it will not appreciate at least 5% past Jan 1st, 2013 or beyond.
Sell later if you know you have no issues with getting more to cover it.

For those buying, just sell later or better yet, if buying for own stay, don't sell at all. If you sell after 2-5 years, you will pay
lesser. You are still eligible to use one time the once in a life time allowance for waiver (still need to pay a bit but just not all
the RGPT directly) on the first house you sell OR the house which you deem you can use to offset a higher payable tax amount.
Same goes if you want to give it as a gift to your kids, wife, etc.

abugumgum

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the info. Maybe will consider as situation changes.
We are below 50 and there are still matters to attend in Sgp, just getting less.

After age 50, it is only M$150K. Don't need big sack of cash macam prc ppl to join MM2H. Also you just put in FD, just like we have saving account. Can consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.