• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Hi graveyard, to answer your question about condo or landed as well as coming back to MY, i would say to each his own at the end of the day.

On the two types of properties, I have folks arguing to me about people they met or potential buyers who said they will pick condos over landed and vice versa. It appeals to different folks and there will always be a counter argument for every valid concern raised.

As a vested owner of BOTH condos and landed (folks who know me personally would know), i am pretty neutral but there will always be those pro and against landed and condos. Some will say enough land in MY so landed has no value but by the same token, the land the condo sits on is also yet another plot of land.

Yet some will argue that condo is more secured and has facilities and some against it will say condos has more maintenance issues, etc but i will digress here as the argument is endless.

The key is, IMHO if its built on prime land or a place which has good proximity to desirable amentities etc. Again the pros and cons are easily arguable on its own merits across both sides of the coin but if its on such land, any type of property will always have inherent and its own intrinsic value.

For those doubting yet again, i have posted in another page (my personal one) about some condos and landed that are available to buy.

Bro graveyard, I will seriously recommend to move back here, don't need to buy or rent, just if you have relatives here, see if you can bunk in with them and observe things for yourself. Or do what i did, get a hotel room, stay and then observe over weekends and weekdays etc to see if you will like it here. Come back and be a witness to the transformation.

Malaysia is on a serious road to certain success as long as it stays on its course with so many projects that were under wraps are slowly hitting the surface now. Some folks only realised now that Legoland is not just a pile of Lego bricks and still think Legoland is the only thing going for Malaysia.
It is not going to be just a one hit wonder.

Some initiatives may fail, there will be some which will still succeed as there are not just one government involved. Many of these are only becoming public recently and the revelation of some new parts have seriously shaken me if even just a mere 10% of it takes off.

From what very little i know, my personal opinion is that, the best is yet to come.

Last edited:

Guanyi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi CathyImg,

I have been following this forum for a while but this is the first time that I am taking part in the discussion.

For your neck problem, I would suggest seeing a chiropractor. I had similar problem which later propergated into my arm. I spent > $3K seeing TCM and Osteopathy but the treatments were ineffective. Through my colleague, I consulted a chiropractor. Went for posture x-ray and found that dics in my neck are closing up due to poor posture and prolong working in front of computer. The dics are forcing on the nerves around the neck area which trigger the pain and stiffness. I have gone to 13 sessions of the theraphy and found that it has helped me in reducing the pain in my neck and arm. You can find more information in internet.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi graveyard, to answer your question about condo or landed as well as coming back to MY, i would say to each his own at the end of the day.

On the two types of properties, I have folks arguing to me about people they met or potential buyers who said they will pick condos over landed and vice versa. It appeals to different folks and there will always be a counter argument for every valid concern raised.

As a vested owner of BOTH condos and landed (folks who know me personally would know), i am pretty neutral but there will always be those pro and against landed and condos. Some will say enough land in MY so landed has no value but by the same token, the land the condo sits on is also yet another plot of land.

Yet some will argue that condo is more secured and has facilities and some against it will say condos has more maintenance issues, etc but i will digress here as the argument is endless.

The key is, IMHO if its built on prime land or a place which has good proximity to desirable amentities etc. Again the pros and cons are easily arguable on its own merits across both sides of the coin but if its on such land, any type of property will always have inherent and its own intrinsic value.

For those doubting yet again, i have posted in another page (my personal one) about some condos and landed that are available to buy.

Bro graveyard, I will seriously recommend to move back here, don't need to buy or rent, just if you have relatives here, see if you can bunk in with them and observe things for yourself. Or do what i did, get a hotel room, stay and then observe over weekends and weekdays etc to see if you will like it here. Come back and be a witness to the transformation.

Malaysia is on a serious road to certain success as long as it stays on its course with so many projects that were under wraps are slowly hitting the surface now. Some folks only realised now that Legoland is not just a pile of Lego bricks and still think Legoland is the only thing going for Malaysia.
It is not going to be just a one hit wonder.

Some initiatives may fail, there will be some which will still succeed as there are not just one government involved. Many of these are only becoming public recently and the revelation of some new parts have seriously shaken me if even just a mere 10% of it takes off.

From what very little i know, my personal opinion is that, the best is yet to come.

Bro wuqi thanks for your advice. my family is actually based in JB, bukit indah so its easy for me to move back to JB. i go back to JB abt once a month since the journey just take 2hrs from my place in spore. i am also vested in a place near CIQ so it will be good to stay there if i decide to move back to jb

i went to legoland over the weekend - really impressive and i must say it exceeds my expectation. Hope the mgmt will do a good job in maintaining the facilities (which i dont think its an issue as legoland is closed one day per week for maintenance). the staffs there are polite and "kids friendly" which fit with the theme of legoland. i am just glad the govt is not managing legoland - otherwise i think the facilities will be run down in months

i do agree with your view that msia/JB is awakening .. look at the luxury condos in JB thats quickly snapped up by sporeans and foreigners. i am eager to see the development of luxury condos in JB as you all may know, these luxury condos are the first of their kinds.

yes i am really seriously considering moving back but i need time to sort the logistics out. thats the key stumbling block as of now. also will stick around this forum to learn and know more sporeans who are staying in msia and commuting daily to and forth

fairies

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi graveyard ... allow me to share little bit of my own experience living in nusajaya & commuting everyday to s'pore for work & kids schooling.

Initially, my wife & I were seriously in two minds whether to make the move after we bought our LH house. The mere thought of facing the hassle of everyday travelling to & fro s'pore with 4 school-going kids, aged 12, 15, 17 & 18, was just too frightening.

However, to cut the story short, we decided to give it a try. One year should be a reasonable period for us to sufficiently experience and evaluate, we told ourselves. So in december 2011, we gave it a shot.

To our surprise, it takes us only between 45-55 min to reach our kids' school in central s'pore from LH. We make our daily move in our family car at 6.30 and would reach the school at Toa Payoh anytime btw 7.15 - 7.25. Occasionally we reach school 7.30 when the traffic's heavier than usual. Since January, the kids were late ie reach school after 7.30 only three times that I can remember. Not bad I think for a family who have to cross border to go to school :smile: Only Monday mornings do we have to go out about 10 min earlier due to heavier traffic.

My kids finish school at 3.30 pm, while I finish work at 5.30. They will normally stay in school, go to the library or spend after school time with their friends before we head back home together. And because of the need to drive the kids back home, I no longer dilly-dally with the never-ending work after my office hours.

There were some degree of discomfort in our first month here, but gradually we got used to it. Now, as a family, I think we are happier compared to when we were staying in spore. The single best thing that my wife & I appreciate most today is .... guess what? .... the family bonding. Those who had the experience with growing up teenage kids would definitely understand the challenges & difficulties, the headaches & heartaches & everything. In our case, we felt that we were losing them! They preferred to go to school themselves in the company of their friends, they spent long hours with their friends after school and only came back in the evenings, their relationship with their own siblings got colder & colder by the day, dinner with the whole family around during weekday evenings also became very rare, etc.

To me & my wife, our kids are the most valuable treasure that we have. Yes, the time will definitely come for birds to fly off leaving behind their nests. But not before the right time, I believe. This improved family bonding that we are now enjoying with our most treasured kids is the most important factor that makes us have no regret whatsoever moving to nusajaya. It is far far more than worth all the hassle of everyday commuting btw spore & johor, plus the high cost of petrol and toll payments, and not forgetting the house loan that we have to service every month. To think about it again, I believe I would never hesitate to spend whatever dollars & cents I have if that is the price to regain back my family bonding.

To put it in one sentence: today, I have MY FAMILY every evening of the week! Simply priceless!!

Bro wuqi thanks for your advice. my family is actually based in JB, bukit indah so its easy for me to move back to JB. i go back to JB abt once a month since the journey just take 2hrs from my place in spore. i am also vested in a place near CIQ so it will be good to stay there if i decide to move back to jb

i went to legoland over the weekend - really impressive and i must say it exceeds my expectation. Hope the mgmt will do a good job in maintaining the facilities (which i dont think its an issue as legoland is closed one day per week for maintenance). the staffs there are polite and "kids friendly" which fit with the theme of legoland. i am just glad the govt is not managing legoland - otherwise i think the facilities will be run down in months

i do agree with your view that msia/JB is awakening .. look at the luxury condos in JB thats quickly snapped up by sporeans and foreigners. i am eager to see the development of luxury condos in JB as you all may know, these luxury condos are the first of their kinds.

yes i am really seriously considering moving back but i need time to sort the logistics out. thats the key stumbling block as of now. also will stick around this forum to learn and know more sporeans who are staying in msia and commuting daily to and forth

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wouldn't be surprised if the very limited Golf facing Semi's at HH's Golf East will go for RM3 mil. soon!!!

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bro Faries,

Thank you for sharing your priceless experience. I can certainly relate to your circumstance as I also have kids at exactly the same age group except my eldest and youngest are 1 year older than yours.

Most of the parents (who have older teens) would almost need to find an excuse to have a reasonable conversation with them. Sad to say, some of us have already lost the opportunity to communicate and the communication gap is growing bigger each day! Most of us (sorry for generalising here) resort to comfort ourselves that we believe in Quality Time rather than Quantity because we are very very busy with our career/business. I have certainly come to realisation that there is no substitute for TIME. Time as a family to fellowship, having meals, traveling, driving to school, sharing, etc.

I applaud you for turning an obstacle to a much needed opportunity. Well done, buddy!

Cheers
N

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have personally experienced a valuation difference of 35% from different bankers who use different valuer. It depends on how aggressive the bankers/valuers are. It doesnt even matter if you have a proven transacted case in hand to substantiate it. Sounds a little crazy but that's a fact.

Guys, I heard from some investors that East Ledang Semis have hit RM 1.9M? Horizon Hills Golf facing Semis @ The Golf East already my friend got buyers @ RM 1.95m but he is NOT willing to sell his very limited priceless asset.

Was quite disappointed today when I called an agent to ask about a semi D in Gateway 2 storey type. Agent claimed valuation is RM 1.5 million but my verification with two different bankers yielded RM 1.2million. Asked for more details and evidence, agent simply hang up on my phone.

Malaysia Agents, please buck up!

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Went to negotiate on behalf of my siblings yesterday for a condo unit. Developer helped me out but told me this was the last one they will do. Didn't even do breakfast and just went straight to developer. In the end, got a pretty good deal but got played out again by own people. They cannot make up their minds and thought i was trying to cheat them as they said how come the price is so high (i told them we say list price first) Then one of them as always cannot make up her mind (this runs in the family) and then said will come in today.

I was in SG today and came in today in good faith but no one turned up, so i had take time off work for nothing especially during my Q end, have to work late at night again but luckily at least some guys turned up at last minute and wanted to view my friends houses. This last couple of months was full of disappointments, after so much stuff i had to take at work, from the business and helping out others, i am really tired. Of course, some of the things i got from this forum, i really felt very sad, i just can't seem to help people without always having someone casting doubts. Just because you are not willing to help doesn't mean others are not willing to. Please take your "no free lunch" theory back to where it belongs.

Last edited:

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
To put it in one sentence: today, I have MY FAMILY every evening of the week! Simply priceless!!

Its a heartwarming story :smile:

Just curious, how do your kids travel back to SG for wknds or for ECAs or when they want to hang out with their frens during wknds in SG?

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wuqi, pls don't say that. I am a newbie here but I can tell you that the effort you've put in to get this board organised and the kind of information you have provided, have been PRICELESS to me and my family. We didn't even know where to start when we first talked about moving to JB but with the info on this board, we've been able to make baby steps towards finalising our dreams. So pls know that you are appreciated - maybe not by the people you know in real life, but by the people you have helped through this board. May you always be blessed for the help that you render to EVERYONE.

Last edited by a moderator:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Wuqi, pls don't say that. I am a newbie here but I can tell you that the effort you've put in to get this board organised and the kind of information you have provided, have been PRICELESS to me and my family. We didn't even know where to start when we first talked about moving to JB but with the info on this board, we've been able to make baby steps towards finalising our dreams. So pls know that you are appreciated - maybe not by the people you know in real life, but by the people you have helped through this board. May you always be blessed for the help that you render to EVERYONE.

Thank you for your kind words, i am planning for a vacation where i can get away and do absolutely nothing.

Last edited:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
......I was in SG today and came in today in good faith but no one turned up, so i had take time off work for nothing especially during my Q end, have to work late at night again but luckily at least some guys turned up at last minute and wanted to view my friends houses. This last couple of months was full of disappointments, after so much stuff i had to take at work, from the business and helping out others, i am really tired. Of course, some of the things i got from this forum, i really felt very sad, i just can't seem to help people without always having someone casting doubts. Just because you are not willing to help doesn't mean others are not willing to. Please take your "no free lunch" theory back to where it belongs.

Bro wuqi, please don't feel dishearted when initiatives to help ended up in failures. There is a saying of '佛度有缘人‘!You can only help when people wanted to be helped. Having a kind heart has its own merits, just learn to let go if people are not ready now. Because who knows in a few months down the road circumstances might change again, and turns in your favour.

So please hold your head high and carry on fighting. You'll never know how many you have succeed in helping through this forum. But yes, your voice is heard. Loud and clear.....:wink:

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi CathyImg,

I have been following this forum for a while but this is the first time that I am taking part in the discussion.

For your neck problem, I would suggest seeing a chiropractor. I had similar problem which later propergated into my arm. I spent > $3K seeing TCM and Osteopathy but the treatments were ineffective. Through my colleague, I consulted a chiropractor. Went for posture x-ray and found that dics in my neck are closing up due to poor posture and prolong working in front of computer. The dics are forcing on the nerves around the neck area which trigger the pain and stiffness. I have gone to 13 sessions of the theraphy and found that it has helped me in reducing the pain in my neck and arm. You can find more information in internet.

Hi Guanyi. Welcome to this thread.

Could you kindly elaborate more on how this 13 sessions of the theraphy was done?

Thanks in advance foe the info.

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi graveyard ... allow me to share little bit of my own experience living in nusajaya & commuting everyday to s'pore for work & kids schooling.

Initially, my wife & I were seriously in two minds whether to make the move after we bought our LH house. The mere thought of facing the hassle of everyday travelling to & fro s'pore with 4 school-going kids, aged 12, 15, 17 & 18, was just too frightening.

However, to cut the story short, we decided to give it a try. One year should be a reasonable period for us to sufficiently experience and evaluate, we told ourselves. So in december 2011, we gave it a shot.

To our surprise, it takes us only between 45-55 min to reach our kids' school in central s'pore from LH. We make our daily move in our family car at 6.30 and would reach the school at Toa Payoh anytime btw 7.15 - 7.25. Occasionally we reach school 7.30 when the traffic's heavier than usual. Since January, the kids were late ie reach school after 7.30 only three times that I can remember. Not bad I think for a family who have to cross border to go to school :smile: Only Monday mornings do we have to go out about 10 min earlier due to heavier traffic.

My kids finish school at 3.30 pm, while I finish work at 5.30. They will normally stay in school, go to the library or spend after school time with their friends before we head back home together. And because of the need to drive the kids back home, I no longer dilly-dally with the never-ending work after my office hours.

There were some degree of discomfort in our first month here, but gradually we got used to it. Now, as a family, I think we are happier compared to when we were staying in spore. The single best thing that my wife & I appreciate most today is .... guess what? .... the family bonding. Those who had the experience with growing up teenage kids would definitely understand the challenges & difficulties, the headaches & heartaches & everything. In our case, we felt that we were losing them! They preferred to go to school themselves in the company of their friends, they spent long hours with their friends after school and only came back in the evenings, their relationship with their own siblings got colder & colder by the day, dinner with the whole family around during weekday evenings also became very rare, etc.

To me & my wife, our kids are the most valuable treasure that we have. Yes, the time will definitely come for birds to fly off leaving behind their nests. But not before the right time, I believe. This improved family bonding that we are now enjoying with our most treasured kids is the most important factor that makes us have no regret whatsoever moving to nusajaya. It is far far more than worth all the hassle of everyday commuting btw spore & johor, plus the high cost of petrol and toll payments, and not forgetting the house loan that we have to service every month. To think about it again, I believe I would never hesitate to spend whatever dollars & cents I have if that is the price to regain back my family bonding.

hi fairies, thank you so much for sharing your experience! glad to know you and your children havegrown closer after moving to msia. The bonding is lacking back in Singapore as your children hang out too much with friends after school? seems like its the change of work habit (you leaving office on time to catch your kids) and that you fetch your kids to and forth school and having dinner together everyday that's keeping your family tight

I guess driving really makes the jouney bearable. i dont have a car yet and i think travelling on bus really gonna take forever looking at the current situation at CIQ/2nd link.

you mentioned high petrol cost, toll and house loan - i would think it is still cheaper staying in msia even with alll these costs added right compared to living in Spore? of course u get much more living space in msia which i think is ideal for family.

awesome that you are enjoying your home in nusajaya. did you bring your kids to nearby legoland yet? worth the visit!

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you for your kind words, i am planning for a vacation where i can get away and do absolutely nothing.

I am really really tired, everything i do keeps being interpreted wrong. Then those who takes potshots cannot even
be a responsible person online, disappearing after i shared the comments here.

Someone recently said mean stuff to me and said i was just being presumptious for going all out to help her, a senior
citizen. So i said to her, do you mean i should always do the least since your request was so ambiguous.

As i value my friend (her husband) a lot, i just apologised and thought nothing more of it until she sent me more galling
SMSes. You know, one just cannot do things right sometimes, so now i realised why so many gave up and stopped helping.

Brother Wuqi, you are taking things too seriously. Relax and loosen yourself a little at times, just like flying a kite. Otherwise, you'll only build up more frustrations inside you and eventually, affecting your family. It's right to go for a good holiday with your wife and forget about others during that holiday period. Remember, we are not made to please everyone. Cheers.

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am really really tired, everything i do keeps being interpreted wrong. Then those who takes potshots cannot even
be a responsible person online, disappearing after i shared the comments here.

Someone recently said mean stuff to me and said i was just being presumptious for going all out to help her, a senior
citizen. So i said to her, do you mean i should always do the least since your request was so ambiguous.

As i value my friend (her husband) a lot, i just apologised and thought nothing more of it until she sent me more galling
SMSes. You know, one just cannot do things right sometimes, so now i realised why so many gave up and stopped helping.

hi wuqi, agree. dont feel depressed or despondent. we cant please everyone but we dont need to. there is always someone on earth whos against you for whatever reason. as long as you please the majority, it is really enough. i used to take things hard too when someone pass a sinister/unpleasant remark. now i learn to let go and let go of the unhappiness. life is too short to waste on such negative emotions and seriously its not worth making ur life miserable because of this or that person - it cost him or her nothing but it will cost you dearly if you keep harping on it and waste your life away bothering abt it

So just relax, chill and let go. :smile:

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal

However....... today, I have MY FAMILY every evening of the week! Simply priceless!!

Good going!!!:smile:

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am planning for a vacation where i can get away and do absolutely nothing.

I am really really tired, everything i do keeps being interpreted wrong. You know, one just cannot do things right sometimes, so now i realised why so many gave up and stopped helping.

My good sir, put on that armour of humour of yours from before ,go for that long needed vacation n recharge .

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
To be fair, if you look @ the master and future plans of Nusajaya, it is going to become another Spore but with more land to play around. Thats why you see specially-tailored houses in East Ledang and so-called houses perched on hills with spendid golf course views whose prices kept shooting thru the roofs even in economic crisis. I have tried saving my ammos for future launches of these houses of such standard and views but I just cant find them in the current or future launches anymore. Very sad that semis for example have smaller and smaller built up area but the price is going up and up. I am just one of those humble investors in the Iskandar region. I am very very sure the fellow investors feel the same. Overcrowding has become an issue but overcrowding is GOOD for investors.

You cannot find these houses in Spore and will never will. In this aspect, Nusajaya beats Spore hands down. The closest that we have in Singapore is Sentosa Cove ( left 90+ years BUT priced @ RM 50million now!! ). Frankly speaking, to compare landed houses in Springside and Lentor against Horizon Hills or East Ledang is grossly over-estimating the former. The former got no view, small, design is not that world-class either but price is " world class"

It is due to all these factors that my group of investor friends reckon that semi ds houses in East Ledang and Horizon Hills will hit RM 2.5m to RM 3m & bungalows RM 5m quite fast as the developments nearby will be completed one by one.

certainly living standard in terms of housing is better in msia than in spore (lower psf, more space, more affordable landed house) but houses are much pricier in spore compared to msia for few key reasons.

besides the land scarcity, spore properties are sought after because of the political stability and good management of the country. the political scene in msia is much "sophisticated" and unstable - where even the government can forcibly acquire profitable business such as KFC, Gardenia and SP Setia. i do think foreign investors are still wary - even a malaysian like myself dare not place a high stake on property in msia currently, though my view and perspective are slowly evolving and changing ..

still, it always amaze me on the size of the gap a mere causeway link can open - a 400sqf shoebox condo in SG, just cross over the bridge and you can live in a 3000sqf house for the same amount of money. if the traffic at CIQ/Tuas can be solved (by Thomson MRT line or some other ways), there is great potential and prospect for JB properties

Status
Not open for further replies.