• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most houses in Singapore have the smaller gates within the main gates. I had that smaller gate since I installed my gate more than 25 years ago. Some are so well done that you cannot tell that there is a smaller gate within it. The smaller gate can be either auto or manual.

However the other 85% of us stay in houses with a door behind the gate .
Hence a good reminder to tell your contractor to built a small door within your main gate .
It can be use as emergency escape , blackout , or to throw rubbish . Will prelong the life span of your autogate.

Last edited:

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
In case any of us miss it, ST reported that Najib hinted of mega investments to be announced soon for the Iskandar region.

That bodes well for everyone who has vested. Stay tuned.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
However the other 85% of us stay in houses with a door behind the gate .
Hence a good reminder to tell your contractor to built a small door within your main gate .
It can be use as emergency escape , blackout , or to throw rubbish . Will prelong the life span of your autogate.

Its definitely a good to have when the power is out or the back up is not working or even just to take in delivered food, etc and take out the trash like what you said. Good for gate, good for access to and from car too in case someone parked too close to the main gate.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
But I'm sure its not lou zhen. Its been 3 month already. Seen one physician and did guasha for me. No results after taking the medicine.

Now who should I go with? Dong Xie? or Xi Du?

3 months, it sounds serious. Might be heat related or very likely posture. Go to the Ang Mo Kio one first. :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
HI lanlibra,

I hope i can help to answer your part 1 question:
You can apply Astro by calling them directly. Website: http://www.astro.com.my/
I was also asking the same question and the office staff at our precint told me can call them directly, let them know what plan you want to purchase? Installation charges cost $250RM and montly subscription depends on the plans

Alternatively, you can go to the sub suppliers - saw some electrical shops do Astro also. There is one shop in Bestari
doing TV channel and Astro. Let me know if you need the contact. I was trying to install also
Part 2 question: I am not sure. Hope other helpful souls can help>

Normally a bit difficult to get more than 1 room for Astro. One way is to pull RGB cable to another room and use a 2 way splitter for each of the RGB plugs so that you can output 2-3 (normally 3 is pretty maxed out) unless you rent another set top box (with security card). Each set top box has 2 RGB outputs and the other output connectors as well.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Refreshing Developments At Iskandar Malaysia - UOB Kayhian

What’s New
· Insightful trip to Iskandar Malaysia. We recently organised corporate presentations and a field trip to Iskandar Malaysia (IM), which provided fresh perspective to participating fund managers. This trip provided insights into Iskandar Regional Development Authority’s (IRDA) long-term logistics planning for Iskandar (including an MRT line which connects to Johor Baharu to Singapore), Johor’s oil & gas (O&G) blueprint, E&O’s concept for its Integrated Wellness Centre (IWC), as well as site visits to the recently-opened Marlborough College’s campus and Legoland.

· Not just about properties, but also O&G. During the presentation session, Johor Petroleum Development Corp (JPDC) shared its aspiration to become a hub for a) petroleum refinery and downstream processing, and b) tank farms with a targeted 10m m3 storage capacity. We note that JPDC’s blueprint includes plans for Petronas’ RM60b RAPID project, Dialog’s tank farm, and an adjacent (separate) refinery-downstream processing region – all located at Pengerang, the eastern tip of Johor state. More details will be in our upcoming O&G sector report.

· Fruitful discussion with IRDA and property developers. Discussion with IRDA focused on a) security & connectivity issues within IM, and b) future plans of Danga Bay as part of revitalising the city centre. IRDA revealed that the Malaysia-Singapore committee has recently added a new (sixth) area of cooperation – positioning IM as an integral component in the manufacturing supply chain of MNCs in ASEAN – and also notes that the cooperation between the two countries have improved significantly in the past few years.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Essentials – Key takeaways from the Iskandar trip

· Connectivity is the key. The proposal of the Rail Transit System (RTS), which was identified to be in the vicinity of JB Sentral and Republic Polytechnic in Woodlands (target operation by 2018) would also serve as a kicker to improve the property sentiment in Johor. The RTS link will have a co-located (Customs, Immigration and Quarantine) facility in Singapore and another co-located CIQ facility in Johor Baru so that commuters need to clear immigration only once for each way of travel.

· All eyes on E&O Integrated Wellness Centre (IWC). E&O is a key beneficiary of Iskandar, with the IWC poised to be a significant earnings contributor in the next few years, while contributing an estimated 8% to its RNAV/share of RM3.05. The IWC (GDV: RM3.5b, details are on RHS table) is an integrated mixed development which focuses on healthy living in Medini. We understand that E&O has been working very closely with Temasek, and has reached the final stage in selecting a foreign technology/wellness partner. The first launch is slated to be in Mar 13, showcasing 458 terrace houses and 720 units of service apartments that would most likely be comparatively priced with neighbouring developments. We expect strong demand for this iconic development, backed by involvement of Khazanah and Temasek.

· An emerging O&G powerhouse. The Pengerang Integrated Petroleum Complex (PIPC), which will sit on single plot of land of over 21,000 acres, is targeted to attract RM69b worth of investments, accounting for a whopping 34% of the Economic Transformation Program’s (ETP) target for the nation (details on RHS table). The huge landbank required by the PIPC will greatly benefit landowners such as MPHB, whose 4,600 acre landbank that borders the east coast of Johor should be valued well in excess of our conservative RM2 psf (6% of its break-up value).

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reported in today's Straits Times that Najib has given a written reply to Parliament that the EDL will be toll-free. Great news for all who are vested in JB. Greater connectivity is key to Iskandar's success. Hopefully we can have a 3rd link soon to alleviate the jams at the causeway.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
"RIVER OF LIFE: Johor Bahru property market is expected to chart strong growth within the next seven years 2012 has been touted as the tipping point year for Iskandar. "

http://www.nst.com.my/red/cover-story-all-eyes-on-jb-1.146231

Enjoy reading...
cheers

Oh yes the tipping point coincide with PM Lee opening of flood gate to another 1 million FTs into red dot forming a triangle of growth. Huat Ah, more Singaporean cannot tahhan the overcrowding and expensive HDBs, COEs will definitely come over!

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reported in today's Straits Times that Najib has given a written reply to Parliament that the EDL will be toll-free. Great news for all who are vested in JB. Greater connectivity is key to Iskandar's success. Hopefully we can have a 3rd link soon to alleviate the jams at the causeway.

Huray! This shows that they are really serious about the development of IR as a whole. And a positive direction for future revival of zone A.

cathylmg

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh yes the tipping point coincide with PM Lee opening of flood gate to another 1 million FTs into red dot forming a triangle of growth. Huat Ah, more Singaporean cannot tahhan the overcrowding and expensive HDBs, COEs will definitely come over!

And huat ah...to those vested both side early early! :biggrin:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
And huat ah...to those vested both side early early! :biggrin:

Heard from banks that they are going to tighten up soon. Some folks who came in here giving a bad name as they are not servicing their car or housing loans regularly if at all and banks are going to tighten lending soon generally.

Tibetos

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for starting and contributing to this thread. It has been a very useful research base - particularly having had like 1000+ pages in the 2 previous threads.

I am an SPR looking to make the crossing over. I realize I may be a little late but hey, better late than never.

Thanks and I look forward to joining you more frequently in this forum.

p/s: Bro RedsYNWA, I sent you a pm.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard from banks that they are going to tighten up soon. Some folks who came in here giving a bad name as they are not servicing their car or housing loans regularly if at all and banks are going to tighten lending soon generally.

Sometimes ago, my bro received a late installment payment from the bank eg, 2 months no payment eg. RM2k. Upon checking with the bank, the car loan officer commented that there was no service of loan due to no money in the account. i helped to explain that the saving account had over 30K and direct deduct every months and how could it be no money. Upon checking for sometime, he then confirmed that it was a mistake in the system and could ignore the letter & late fine.

Could it be because of the poor administration? i believe the bank system will still reflect as a late payment for 2 months even though this is a system error.

Last edited:

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi graveyard,

There are friends who thought we are "weird/crazy" to shift to JB. Trying to adjust this period...
Reading posts by the seniors here made us feel more assured that this is not a wrong decision?

hi melodysoul, i understand and they may have reasons to have that thought. i also agree JB/msia still need to do much more to improve the security and its corrupted image but really i think there are many people in spore who are looking at msia with a narrow mind - they have the impression everyone in msia is a crook and it is 100% certain you will be robbed or have a parang placed by your neck the moment you cross the causeway. the sporeans i know are basically 2 types - those who never ever gotta step into msia after hearing the robbery,crime news in malaysia.. and those who take the "calculated risk" to venture into JB .. a few whom i know drive into JB like twice a month for the usual shopping, entertainment stuff. i would imagine some would think they are weird and crazy too because they will be robbed of their cars

by the way, sorry i am only recently active in this forum, are most of the sporeans here like yourself and wuqi working in spore and staying in JB? or are there some who are retired? i am a msian SPR working and staying in sg and vested in both places. i have seen the improvements in JB esp in highway construction, infrastructure (international schools), entertainment (malls, legoland etc) in recent times and I believe though the crime rates and incompetent govt managamenet will threaten JB's growth, there is no doubt JB is and will continue to prosper. ive seen how robust the property market now in JB so i am contemplating moving back to JB and renting out the property in spore if the congestion at immigration gets better and reduce the office commuting time or if i get a spore car. Are most of you driving to and forth spore if you are still working in spore?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Sometimes ago, my bro received a late installment payment from the bank eg, 2 months no payment eg. RM2k. Upon checking with the bank, the car loan officer commented that there was no service of loan due to no money in the account. i helped to explain that the saving account had over 30K and direct deduct every months and how could it be no money. Upon checking for sometime, he then confirmed that it was a mistake in the system and could ignore the letter & late fine.

Could it be because of the poor administration? i believe the bank system will still reflect as a late payment for 2 months even though this is a system error.

It might be because of poor administration but also because of some defaulters. Yet there are those who apply for loans and then skip the country. Guess it is only fair that they are taking action but lots of innocent guys get tarred with the same brush as well. Then i have friends who get buyers who come in insisting on buying only if they get 90%, one chap even told my friends he wanted 95% or 100% if possible.

Even says he will help pay the coffee money if they can do it. I told them to just politely ask him to try elsewhere since he cannot be convinced otherwise.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bros and sisters,

You really don't need to join paid tours if you go through what we have here and on most of the other forums. Just get a friend after that(real friend) who knows Johor and if he is worth the friendship, most likely when he is free, he will take you on a tour or two.

Come in yourself after that and soon you will know the place better. This forum has a wealth of information from the learned bros and sisters here and most of them know more than me about the area. In fact so its good as a first step of checking the place out. Once you know it and check out the maps, then do more due dilligence as this forum is still just a guide, the rest is up to you.

The original intent of this page was always to help others on a pro bono basis and again i stress not development specific though it is impossible to please everyone. I understand some chaps need to make a living but they should post their stuff elsewhere or stop claiming to be related to this forum.

I recently got to know one chap who i did not know whether to laugh or cry when he offered his services to bring me around and claim to be someone i know he is definitely not.

I just smiled and when he repeated the same thing, i just said i was too busy, thanked and then drove off.

Status
Not open for further replies.