• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Johore Sultan has declared the mega Mersing project is off as reported in today's Sunday Times. Wonder what are the implications...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Johore Sultan has declared the mega Mersing project is off as reported in today's Sunday Times. Wonder what are the implications...

Focusing on what is working and what will more likely work instead? Seriosuly looks like he can really do the job well. Hats off to him.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal

personally i think it is good. It was reported that the partner who was to make this project happen passed away and thus the company did not raise the requisite capital in time for it to progress.

This is good as the as he recognises the execution risk and did not want any abandoned project midway when more people would have got hurt..

Hondacrv

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do agree with you. If one is spending at least 50% of the time in jb, it makes sense to get a jb car and pump ron95.

But if you are working in spore and need to enter and leave singapore daily, no point getting a jb car because you get to use it during weekends. Unless u are a long distance drivermto different states during weekend, it wont save you much money buying a jb car

Unless usage is high then it is worth to get malaysia car. for short trips in jb area during weekends or holiday, the cost for buying and maintenance is not justifiable.

Don't get OLD one like me, broke down a few times and condition also not that good. Fuel consumption is 8km/l for 1500cc carburetor car as compared to my SG toyota corolla G9 manual which can get 13~15km/l .

The saving of pumping 95 instead of 97 is not sufficient to offset the cost of owning another MY car.

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
i came bk fr 1st link. sg takes abt 10 mins. i thought evening jam will be worse like last week. was stucked 1hrs plus at 10 plus nite time. tats y i left today late afternoon to come bk sg also jammed...

thanks sis. the mall of medini is accessed by the same road to puteri harbour? you di dnot seem impressed by it?

contra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do agree with you. If one is spending at least 50% of the time in jb, it makes sense to get a jb car and pump ron95.

But if you are working in spore and need to enter and leave singapore daily, no point getting a jb car because you get to use it during weekends. Unless u are a long distance drivermto different states during weekend, it wont save you much money buying a jb car

dont forget the safety angle where you can keep low profile and blend in.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks sis. the mall of medini is accessed by the same road to puteri harbour? you di dnot seem impressed by it?

It is facing Legoland's main entrance. If you walk out from Legoland's main entrance, you'll see it right in front of you. They are only opening phase 1 of Medini Lifestyle Mall this month. The full size of Medini Lifestyle Mall is around 10 times of phase 1.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is facing Legoland's main entrance. If you walk out from Legoland's main entrance, you'll see it right in front of you. They are only opening phase 1 of Medini Lifestyle Mall this month. The full size of Medini Lifestyle Mall is around 10 times of phase 1.

how they gg to build e other phases ? i saw the construction building between medini mall and legoland , its the legoland hotel right ?

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unless usage is high then it is worth to get malaysia car. for short trips in jb area during weekends or holiday, the cost for buying and maintenance is not justifiable.

Don't get OLD one like me, broke down a few times and condition also not that good. Fuel consumption is 8km/l for 1500cc carburetor car as compared to my SG toyota corolla G9 manual which can get 13~15km/l .

The saving of pumping 95 instead of 97 is not sufficient to offset the cost of owning another MY car.

Yes agree. Unless got use quite frequently, otherwise it is a hassle to maintain another car.

MsTrii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey in HH, you can still find houses without grills.

TQ for feedback .Hmmmm, so there r HH residents who do not install grilles. Perhaps not so much as to save on on the cost but they find the security there reliable or these r rented homes? Its kinda sad isn't it that we pay more for a G&G residence but all the same need to be grilled within our homes to ensure peace of mind on our security. sigh.....

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TQ for feedback .Hmmmm, so there r HH residents who do not install grilles. Perhaps not so much as to save on on the cost but they find the security there reliable or these r rented homes? Its kinda sad isn't it that we pay more for a G&G residence but all the same need to be grilled within our homes to ensure peace of mind on our security. sigh.....

Sometime it pay to be "kiasu". But instal it in moderation. Otherwise look like penjara, imo. :smile:

butadesu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Paragon residence owners-

I came across this guy who created a private paragon Facebook page for paragon owners.
He says the purpose is to provide a platform for owners to look out for future investment opportunities.
I guess we can use it to share info on rental, subsale, maintenance and developments as well.
I have just joined. If anyone is interested can email [email protected]
If u are worry about exposing your identity, can can create a dummy account to join.
Thanks!

Booga

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saw this piece a news today:-

The oversupply of properties due to buyers' speculation may cause the secondary residential property market to slow down in the next six to 12 months.

Siva Shanker, Deputy President of Malaysian Institute of Estate Agents (MIEA), noted that the oversupply would make "secondary properties in secondary locations," difficult to sell.

"A lot of these properties were sold in the last two to three years and developers made a roaring business out of it. However, they're now struggling a bit."

He noted that an oversupply situation is created when property buyers try to flip the property for a higher price.

A misconception that property prices will crash arises as one seller start to lower the price and then others follow.

"It's not what people think - that property prices are crashing. A person buys an apartment for RM300,000 and after two years, wants to sell for RM400,000 and puts it on the market. But then, others also start doing the same and the buyer gets spoilt for choice," Siva said, citing an example of a 300-unit apartment block for sale.

He said that the RM400,000 price tag is impossible to achieve, hence the property would be sold for RM350,000, making the buying public believe that prices have gone down.

"But in actuality, prices didn't fall. You bought at RM300,000 and sold it at RM350,000. You tried to flip the property, but you didn't get the level of profit you thought you could get. But you walked away with a profit nevertheless," he added.

For the latest*property news, trends, resources and expert opinions, visit our*Property News*section. Home buyers, sellers or property renters looking for*Malaysian Properties, may like to visit*http://www.propertyguru.com.my*today.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Petronas petrol station is being built right next to Aeon Bukit Indah, very convenient to pump petrol next time.

sabre339

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, making my maiden post. I was wondering whether there are cluster houses priced within the range of RM600K -650K in Nusa Duta. If I register the house under my children's names, will the banks have issues i.e. borrower is not the registered owner of the house. Also, will HDB force them to sell this foreign property if they wish to apply for a flat in Singapore when they get married? Thanks.

cleyeo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros N sis,

Let me side track a bit. I hope some bros or sis can answer this.
I have a singapore car with COE expiring by December. Instead of having it scrapped, I want to bring it to my house in JB and change it to Malaysia plate. Is it possible ? If yes, how to do it, what the procedure like ?.

thanks

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Bros N sis,

Let me side track a bit. I hope some bros or sis can answer this.
I have a singapore car with COE expiring by December. Instead of having it scrapped, I want to bring it to my house in JB and change it to Malaysia plate. Is it possible ? If yes, how to do it, what the procedure like ?.

thanks

It is possible, the most direct route is through MM2H where its also the least costly (at least for the car part), else you have to export it to several countries before bringing it in to MY. Then you have to pay pretty hefty taxes so in the end not so worth it unless you are really attached to your car.

Status
Not open for further replies.