• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
wuqi

dun always eat pratas la , very fattening , can try order mac though not healthy too :

mac.jpg

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have sabah snake grass, not for sale but absolutely free to anyone who has friends with cancer. I am going to grow it.

Anyone who has it, i strongly urge for them to grow it as they tend to grow well but needs to be in some degree of shade.

We will all leave this world one day, please help your fellow traveller/sufferer while we are still here.

http://sabahsnakegrassclinacanthus.com/
http://www.thesabahsnakegrass.com/

As with all things, always get medical guidance before commencing with any type of herbal treatment.

The nursery near my place is selling a few plants for between RM1 and RM2, depending on their sizes and length of growth.

Last edited:

Taryn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny thing happened today as we were leaving our precint to come to Sg. Our security guard at guard post asked us to stop as we were tapping card to leave and started talking in excited tones. He spoke Malay and neither of us caught what he was trying to say. When we asked him to speak english, we caught a few words here an there. He can't really speak Eng. Words we caught: child, Mr C son, walk, Bukit Indah, School, send. We assumed someone needed help sending their kid to school. Car broke down maybe? We told he we will see what we can do and started driving off.

We stay in NI and drove slowly towards the round about near Columbia Hospital. Along the way, near the empty field before the NI sales office and coffee shops, we saw this kid sulking and walking along. We asked if he is Mr C's son and he replied he is Mr L's son. Ok, so maybe the guard told us wrongly? We asked him where he stay & pointed to our precint. We said the guard ask if we can help him, asking him to tell us what happened. He finally looked like he realise why this strange car is stopping to ask him questions. He told us that he usually has a pick up but he didn't hear them horn outside his house today, he missed the bus & has to walk to school. ?!? This kid (ard 10~12) was going to walk all the way from NI to Columbia Hospital round about and to the school. We asked him get on & sent him to school & reminded him to tell his father and the guard about this.

I wonder if we should go look for his family tonight to at least jiao dai to them? We did pick up their kid ( don't even know which neighbour) into our car and sent him to school. Frankly, we are pretty low profile in the neighbourhood. We smile at our neighbours but that's about it. In some ways shock that the guard just asked us (a random car) to send the kid to school? But I guess you can also say he was truly worried for the kid & had community spirit since he know we obviously stay there for a while already and the kid is safer with us then walking to school.

Whatever is it, it's been a rather interesting morning. Looks like we will be making friends with some local neighbours tonight.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
how you feel after doing this? I think you feel great right.. congratulations.. the kid, the guard, the parents and yourself will definitely have a good day today!

Funny thing happened today as we were leaving our precint to come to Sg. Our security guard at guard post asked us to stop as we were tapping card to leave and started talking in excited tones. He spoke Malay and neither of us caught what he was trying to say. When we asked him to speak english, we caught a few words here an there. He can't really speak Eng. Words we caught: child, Mr C son, walk, Bukit Indah, School, send. We assumed someone needed help sending their kid to school. Car broke down maybe? We told he we will see what we can do and started driving off.

We stay in NI and drove slowly towards the round about near Columbia Hospital. Along the way, near the empty field before the NI sales office and coffee shops, we saw this kid sulking and walking along. We asked if he is Mr C's son and he replied he is Mr L's son. Ok, so maybe the guard told us wrongly? We asked him where he stay & pointed to our precint. We said the guard ask if we can help him, asking him to tell us what happened. He finally looked like he realise why this strange car is stopping to ask him questions. He told us that he usually has a pick up but he didn't hear them horn outside his house today, he missed the bus & has to walk to school. ?!? This kid (ard 10~12) was going to walk all the way from NI to Columbia Hospital round about and to the school. We asked him get on & sent him to school & reminded him to tell his father and the guard about this.

I wonder if we should go look for his family tonight to at least jiao dai to them? We did pick up their kid ( don't even know which neighbour) into our car and sent him to school. Frankly, we are pretty low profile in the neighbourhood. We smile at our neighbours but that's about it. In some ways shock that the guard just asked us (a random car) to send the kid to school? But I guess you can also say he was truly worried for the kid & had community spirit since he know we obviously stay there for a while already and the kid is safer with us then walking to school.

Whatever is it, it's been a rather interesting morning. Looks like we will be making friends with some local neighbours tonight.

etstan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just 2 days ago, seen one SG couple claiming that their SG car was stolen while they were doing their banking at HSBC Nusa Bestari. Stolen in broad daylight (2-3pm).

Can happen anywhere, anytime. So need to put in some preventive measures.

Taryn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Arsenal, yes we defly felt good in the end despite initial confusion. Because initially what we understood from the guard is all guesswork and the kid has walked quite far already so we didn't even see him at first. We were wondering if we understood wrongly. And you can imagine how odd this kid must have felt to see a car stop beside him and these two strangers asking him so many questions.

End of the day, im glad the guard cared enough to stop a car and try to keep the kid safe. The parents must be glad to have such a guard in our neighborhood. Our precint is one of the oldest with mostly locals and according to my landlord the resident committee is very active so I guess the community spirit is there. Definitely happy to be staying here and it's been about half a yr, about time to really make friends with our neighbours.

Thank you Crystal. its nothing la, I'm sure most of us will not let a kid go thru tt and just drive by.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taryn

wondering is it the same guard which u caught him sleeping ?
eh , old precint also have access cards ah , how abt camera ? i thought only P8 have nia ...

curiouscat

Alfrescian
Loyal
But I guess you can also say he was truly worried for the kid & had community spirit since he know we obviously stay there for a while already and the kid is safer with us then walking to school.

Good job. This is what builds communities. People helping each other. It is a bit scary the kid just gets in a car from someone. How many kms away was the school?

My Dad missed the bus back home on his 1st day of 1st grade (so he was 7, or so, I guess). He remembered the route home from 1 ride in the morning! It was something like 6 km! I would not have made it home myself.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
........Funny thing happened today Mr C son, walk, Bukit Indah, School, send. We assumed someone needed help sending their kid to school. ..........Car broke down maybe? We told he we will see what we can do and started driving off.......

We stay in NI and drove slowly towards the round about near Columbia Hospital. Along the way, near the empty field before the NI sales office and coffee shops, we saw this kid sulking and walking along. We asked if he is Mr C's son and he replied he is Mr L's son. Ok, so maybe the guard told us wrongly? We asked him where he stay & pointed to our precint. We said the guard ask if we can help him, asking him to tell us what happened. He finally looked like he realise why this strange car is stopping to ask him questions. He told us that he usually has a pick up but he didn't hear them horn outside his house today, he missed the bus & has to walk to school. ?!? This kid (ard 10~12) was going to walk all the way from NI to Columbia Hospital round about and to the school. We asked him get on & sent him to school & reminded him to tell his father and the guard about this. .............

Taryn good on you and you spouse. Many would not have bothered. All I can say is I hope all good things happen for both of you for just doing this one small selfless and kind act. I am sure there are other kind acts that you two have done....... Bless you two...

Taryn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha it's not this is a different one. But I have seen different guards falling asleep la cos we tend to come home very late. We even woke up immigration officer at second link before (both sg & my side ). Drove up to the counter and the eyes were closed then they tried to look very awake with droopy eyelids. =]

Taryn

wondering is it the same guard which u caught him sleeping ?
eh , old precint also have access cards ah , how abt camera ? i thought only P8 have nia ...

Yes curuoscat, that's what I thought too! The kid got into the car so willingly. That why I felt we have to go jiao dai (touch base with) to the family later. He was too far from the guard post to see us talking to the guard. The school is no farther than 3km from the school i think but he has to cross a highway so that's pretty dangerous. When I was a kid, I forgot to bring wallet to school once and didn't dare to tell my parents so I walked home 4 MRT stop from school to home before. How many km is that I also don't know.But that was in Singapore so it's different.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
In my early day, I picked up a 1.9m tall mexican from a high way in UK..
He said he lost his wallet.. he was muscular and looked like scorpion in the return of the mummy..

he followed me to hotel before I bought him dinner and sent him to railway station..
he was very touched.. however it was also a scary experience for me.. but remember one thing... " love is everywhere"

Last edited:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Putrajaya to take over EDL, as BN mounts defence of Johor
August 30, 2012
KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 30 — The federal government will buy out the controversial Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL) in Johor Baru from concession holder Malaysian Resources Corporation Berhad (MRCB), in what appears to be a move to prevent the proposed toll for the Causeway that would have made it six times as expensive for roundtrips to Singapore and becoming fodder for Pakatan Rakyat (PR) in the Umno bastion.

Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Tan Sri Nor Mohamed Yakcop said today that details of the takeover will only be discussed later after talks between both parties.

MRCB had proposed a RM9.10 toll in each direction for passenger vehicles using its RM1 billion EDL highway from the Causeway to the immigration post.

However, the Umno-linked company is using an open toll system that charges the full fare at the new Custom, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) checkpoint regardless of where motorists exit or enter the highway — the latest facility for the ambitious Iskandar zone that celebrates its five-year anniversary this weekend.

The rest of the 8.1km stretch leading to the Pandan interchange of the North-South Highway will be free to local motorists.

Local business leaders had express concerns that, with the new CIQ already taking Singaporean tourists away from downturn Johor Baru, the EDL will see them skip the more inland Tebrau area as well.

Taxi drivers also called for an exemption as it would otherwise be unfeasible to ferry passengers across the Causeway.

The EDL opened on April 1 without any toll collection after being delayed from a scheduled first quarter launch.

In a visit to Johor in March, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak had promised a solution to the controversy.

Over 50,000 vehicles cross the bridge daily, mostly Malaysians living in and around the state capital who commute to the island republic to work.

Johor Baru’s economy is also heavily reliant on Singaporeans who cross the Straits of Johor to enjoy cheaper prices there.

Putrajaya set up the Iskandar zone five years ago to turn Johor Baru and its surrounding region into an economic growth area catering to the spillover from Singapore.

Cars and lorries exiting Singapore and heading into Johor now pay RM2.90 and RM5.50 respectively to use the bridge while motorcycles, which make up more than half of traffic across the Causeway, are exempt from the toll.

Singapore’s Straits Times reported in 2008 that rates will be raised every three years of the 30-year concession and will peak at RM14.60 for passenger vehicles and RM29.20 for lorries.

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
toyohon said:
Putrajaya to take over EDL, as BN mounts defence of Johor
August 30, 2012
KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 30 — The federal government will buy out the controversial Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL) in Johor Baru from concession holder Malaysian Resources Corporation Berhad (MRCB), in what appears to be a move to prevent the proposed toll for the Causeway that would have made it six times as expensive for roundtrips to Singapore and becoming fodder for Pakatan Rakyat (PR) in the Umno bastion.

Minister in the Prime Minister's Department Tan Sri Nor Mohamed Yakcop said today that details of the takeover will only be discussed later after talks between both parties.

That's great news.

Status
Not open for further replies.