• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
if and only if she agreed..

1st u must enter her kitchen to assist in cooking..互动互动一下.. and stop bringing up buy jb hse topics.
1st u must take her to view and feel those houses with big kitchen with a good layout (not only big). Stop flooding her with yr investments..blar..blar. Just zip.
1st u must have M ready, @ least 30% of down payments, u may ended up with a semi-D or above if she fall in love with one of them. (dun think u will be angry..View attachment 7895

so many ones..View attachment 7895

Hahaha Bro potter...Hands and legs agreed with you...:0

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow, the forum has turn amusing, romantic and sentimental. Yes there are a lot of nay sayers and I would have gone in 3 yrs ago if not for them. Well never late than never.

Just to share some of the negative arguments I got.
1 ) JB not safe, the latest shooting in Molek does not help. But I then ask some of the SPR Johorean, if JB so not safe why you still stay there ? Why dun to get the HDB resale or rent something in Singapore. Then I get a lot of strange excuses from no money, malaysian must stay in Malaysia, ............ I think we all know the real reason.

2 ) Malaysian policy can flip flop. I think this is everywhere. Even Sgp gov changes policies due to political and economic climate. I heard some complains from FT about the recent P1 registration where citizen get priority.

3 ) Exchange rate will impact your investment. I am not an economist but my arguement will be if the current climate where the mid to high end properties are being purchase by Malaysian SPR, Sgp spill over then the exchange rate raise and fall will be adjusted by the price increase or drop as well. Since the demand are from folks earning Sgp dollar.

4 ) Iskandar may turn out not as what was projected given the track record. Well I am always impress with the highways when I go to KL. The interchange are really complex and even with GPS I get lost due to the multiple layers. From this forum you can see that many were surprise that much of the jungle and farm land had turn into the promised development.

We were also unsure but we did our home work thanks to a friend who spend 1 weekend showing us around. We also spend a few family outings to Aeon at BI and the Sutera Mall. The family enjoyed it and my girl like the freshly bake kuih bahulu. God blessed we did not encounter any Mat Rampit or the other crimes we hear in the news. With the positive experience, we decided it was okay and bought a place in Nusa Duta.

I think the experience will be worth the thousand argument for it. May be one of the kind forummers who is already living in JB can invite you and your wife to a face to face sharing. Consider having a short holiday in JB itself say for 3 nights and she may feel more comfortable.

Hi Alnine,

Ya anywhere also got inssue and problem. But this will not hinder me from buying house in JB. I rather worry when next time old liao in Sg what will we become. But ofcoz many ppl will sure say nobody knows what will happen but as most of the Sgrean alrerady can predict wats next in Sg. Im sure bros n sistas in this forum we all have the same mentality thats what bring us here in the forum. Again have to give the Chief Wuqi a Big Thumbs up who initiated and set up this forum.

Nevertheless, Lets hope the best for our future be it what will happen next. :smile:

DWKY9

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL..... the topic should change to "how to tame your wife" !! hahaha
Girls need to be "HONG". Flatter her daily... tell her she is pretty. her new dress is so sexy blah blah. sweeten her until she lose her senses. she will say yes to everything liao!

BTW so many of u here staying in jb. i have a quick question: Do you all know how to speak malay? :biggrin:
I am a little worried because my family and i do not speak malay at all.

I guess we can slowly pick up malay but just worried bout it now.

Hahah Sorry ah... I hope i never hijack this topic in the forum. If i have pls let me know hor paisay paisay!")

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahah Sorry ah... I hope i never hijack this topic in the forum. If i have pls let me know hor paisay paisay!")

Always good to learn the language of the host, courtesy and obvious benefits. There is a thread on some common words.

DWKY9 Raised real and practical problems. I have a china colleaque whose father was mixed when he saw so many old folks becoming cleaners at the food courts. He did not know to sympathies or laugh when he first saw it because he had heard so many great things about Singapore before visiting here. To him if Singapore was a great nation how can it let it's seniors end up like this.

If I am not mistaken our ex health minister once suggested Singapore old folks to consider Johor for nursing home.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Living in Singapore have conditioned you to be so fixated on learning/conversing in English and mother tongue only that you have lost the ability to speak dialects and even Bazaar Malay which your forefathers have the ability to do so.

Wat to do? Sinkies have to be told wat to do and wat not to do. Even Chinese dialect they do away with it for commercial $ake. My adopted bro children (Chinese) cant even communicate with their grand parent who are teochew. One speak fluent Mandarin, the other speak fluent dialect. Sometime no choice grand parent speak abit Malay. If only their grand children can speak malay too. Sad case....

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing good makan places..may I know does this tim sum shop has better quality food than chaw yuan next to hong leong bank at Nusa bestari? How is the pricing? I like tutu kueh. It will be fantastic if they are selling too :wink:

Ok got one new shop just open at Bestari , same row as RHB Bank / Uncle Jung . Sell Tim Sum and Chicken rice , roast pork . Have tried the Tim Sum already , not bad leh ! I wonder they sell TUTU CAKE too ? Also they open as early as 7am , just in time have breakfeast and drive to work via 2nd link .
The other one , must let me find out the name / address first , most Singaporean cant get there without GPS ..:smile:

tutucake

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok got one new shop just open at Bestari , same row as RHB Bank / Uncle Jung . Sell Tim Sum and Chicken rice , roast pork . Have tried the Tim Sum already , not bad leh ! I wonder they sell TUTU CAKE too ? Also they open as early as 7am , just in time have breakfeast and drive to work via 2nd link .
The other one , must let me find out the name / address first , most Singaporean cant get there without GPS ..:smile:

Thanks for sharing ah....
i know of a shop sell very good char siew, bbq pork and XO duck... it's at Taman Johor Jaya... outside the shop got 2 big claypot... inside put small claypots of soup.... dont know u all know anot... But i guess ppl here is interested to know the good makan places ard BI?

Last edited:

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing good makan places..may I know does this tim sum shop has better quality food than chaw yuan next to hong leong bank at Nusa bestari? How is the pricing? I like tutu kueh. It will be fantastic if they are selling too :wink:

I feel that Chaw Yuan is a little better , but this one close fight lah . But dont try their Lotus leave rice , cant match those from Chaw Yuan. Price almost same as Chaw Yuan , not that cheap .

Lyc396

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes,i like chaw yuan lotus leave rice too. I have tried tong xin yuan next to 8th avenue bt indah and the horizon hill coffeeshop. Personally, i prefer chaw yuan given to the price and food quality. Ok,i will try the one tt u recommended for my this weekend :smile:
I feel that Chaw Yuan is a little better , but this one close fight lah . But dont try their Lotus leave rice , cant match those from Chaw Yuan. Price almost same as Chaw Yuan , not that cheap .

edragon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wat to do? Sinkies have to be told wat to do and wat not to do. Even Chinese dialect they do away with it for commercial $ake. My adopted bro children (Chinese) cant even communicate with their grand parent who are teochew. One speak fluent Mandarin, the other speak fluent dialect. Sometime no choice grand parent speak abit Malay. If only their grand children can speak malay too. Sad case....
So many speaks English daily between Grand parents, parents and kids. Angmos looks on astonished as all look Chinese and no Chinese spoken because of this.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
No wonder Chaw Yuan is so busy these days. Its one of my favourite haunts, i used to be there at least once a month but nowadays seldom as its always so crowded.

JBhome

Alfrescian
Loyal
Understand & i shared the same PROBLEM but acted differently.
Just informed her & she was very unhappy. I just ignored her anger & proceed to sign cheque for S&P & do what i know Best.
The rest is History. Now She bobian but just tag along. Raw Rice became Chicken Rice leow.
Nothing can change. Sometimes it is very difficult for Housewife to understand "Investment".

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just informed her & she was very unhappy. I just ignored her anger & proceed to sign cheque for S&P & do what i know Best.
The rest is History. Now She bobian but just tag along. Raw Rice became Chicken Rice leow.
Nothing can change. Sometimes it is very difficult for Housewife to understand "Investment".

Same with my better half. very unhappy when I say I want to retire and stay in Malaysia as I says cost of living will be lower.

Go ahead and bought one EL house she bo bian must follow me. Start staying and she slowly begin to get used to the place and also find the place not so bad. In fact there are so much developments and lots of improvements in Johor as compared to 10, 20 years back.

Now we are happily settled down here and she is beginning to like staying here after being here for one year plus.

Nothing against housewife but it is true that it is difficult for them to understand about "investments"

Moving over here and making some investments have turned out well and also now enjoying a better quality of life without paying and paying to upkeep the expensive miw.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Same with my better half. very unhappy when I say I want to retire and stay in Malaysia as I says cost of living will be lower.

Go ahead and bought one EL house she bo bian must follow me. Start staying and she slowly begin to get used to the place and also find the place not so bad. In fact there are so much developments and lots of improvements in Johor as compared to 10, 20 years back.

Now we are happily settled down here and she is beginning to like staying here after being here for one year plus.

Nothing against housewife but it is true that it is difficult for them to understand about "investments"

Moving over here and making some investments have turned out well and also now enjoying a better quality of life without paying and paying to upkeep the expensive miw.

Always difficult but then women are the cornerstone in every family.

They are the brakes while we men are mostly the accelerator pedal. In my case, not only in MY but in SG as well. At first family was handbrake, then footbreak and put my gears back then into reverse when i wanted to buy a landed in Singapore back then.

Tried to help out a friend and then a relative when i gave it up (i just bought a property back then and family was not comfortable) Then friend turned around and i got accused of being an agent, worse, relative said i must be passing on to her after i didn't want it, so it must automatically be a bad one. Yesterday, just heard my boss bought one recently and turns out its the same place i told them to buy few years ago, its now more than double.

Again, i gave them a chance when i first came out here. Now the relative who claimed that she will never come to Malaysia has now a combined total of 5 units. The friend though (35 years of friendship), never even came here once claiming he doesn't have a passport. :(

I was also chided for buying the 2nd and 3rd one as wife was worried i would be stressed out so she was greatly shocked when we went to sign at the lawyers. A wife doing this is just doing her due dilligence and to ensure the family doesn't go down the slippery slope of debts.

In my case, after the 3rd unit, all the brakes became accelerator pedals all of a sudden. In my case, it then became 2 accelerator pedals and we went ahead. I remain a person of limited knowledge and means, just glad that in this case, the investment looks ok now, at least on paper.

Now moving on from residential to commercial units, hope that the bros who went in with me back then will make at least 50% more than what they put in.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Yesterday was a very important day for an ex engineer. Nothing significant happened except that this persons boss (used to be on bad terms) said the following to him:

You are really very XXXXXXXXX, looking back at what you have delivered so far, i was XXXXXXXXXX, this really took everyone by surprise. I have spoken to senior management about your work. I know you are XXXXX, if you put more focus on this, i can see this really taking off. Have more faith in yourself as now i know what you can do.

Sometimes people don't know the impact of what they say to others may change their lives or influence them in many ways.
Simple words they may be but sometimes people on the verge of giving up do not need any help, be it financial or otherwise, they just need someone who cares or a pat on the back.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal

Looks like this is quite a common 'obstacle' with a number of guys. So long as the womenfolk are not forking out their money, just proceed. I have friends who need to get 'clearance' not only from their other half but also their children! Till today they are still waiting ...

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
So many speaks English daily between Grand parents, parents and kids. Angmos looks on astonished as all look Chinese and no Chinese spoken because of this.

Sad but true, a lot of people purposely speak only in their best version of English when they are at better restaurants even if all of them are Chinese.
More power to them but as someone once told me; imagine if you see a group of caucasians in a fine dining place and the waiter is asking them about the wine selection or the sommelier asking them to examine/sniff the cork but yet all are speaking in Beijing accented Mandarin. That would be odd but oddly interesting.

I still make a point to speak with my parents in Hokkien though they understand Mandarin, my wife mainly in Mandarin (respect for her dialect which is different) and my kids in English/Mandarin as well as a bit of Hokkien.

Status
Not open for further replies.