• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gardener

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today late afternoon no jam. Was a breeze driving in from Shenton to Msia via Woodlands.

But Crazy UMobile was down again today.

Crazy having so many sims.

Now I need to get celcom sim too.

Really crazy.

jazjoz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello everyone. Telekom Malaysia will be organising a Unifi road show at Horizon Hills sales office from 10am - 4pm on 10 and 11 May. (Tomorrow and Sunday). This is mainly for The Hills precinct terrace houses. You can drop your application form there. Please spread the news to your neighbours. Thank you.

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now 745pm...Sianzzz

IMG_20140509_194547.jpg

IMG_20140509_194523.jpg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting. Singtel was fined $6million for service outage

M1 also kena for service outage.

But sometime back i kena U mobile outage (for data).

I called their customer service several times and each time they kept pushing forward the service restoration time

In MSia cannot complain one.

Like in Spore we complain for everything and raise a hue and cry for everything...

Must learn to survive somehow out there.

Anyway so why did i get my UMobile.

Cause my Maxis played me out.

They have very basic to no 3g coverage near Taman Anggerik/Impian Emas side.

But i din know this until i googled it.

In fact Digi which is a slower, yet more expensive network was more reliable.

So when i got the Umobile sim i was pretty happy coz although it was not cheap it was pretty FAST.

But the service outage broke my confidence in them.

I have given up on Maxis. coz they said that they can restore the situation or correct the technical fault by July 2014.

OMG!!!

And there is no guarantee of restoration by July 2014 either.

A simple google will show there are cases where service has not been restored for a long long time.

And patchy coverage at other places.

Now can Maxis get away with something like this in Singapore?

Definitely not.

Anyway the solution for me lies in having SIM cards of 2-3 service providers coz thats Malaysia

I think Digi is Telenor so should be okay. Maxis is totally local set up? However, I have not used both before. Umobile is okay in Bukit Indah area but no 3G coverage in Aeon Kulai, so cannot surf at all inside the Kulai shopping centre.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Published: Thursday May 8, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Thursday May 8, 2014 MYT 8:53:11 AM

Khoo: Remove plugs during heavy thunderstorms

BY NELSON BENJAMIN

JOHOR BARU: Tebrau MP Khoo Soo Seang has appealed to residents in this area to make sure all their appliances were not just switched off but also the plugs removed due to the current stormy weather.

He said the storms these days were bad and lightning strikes could even start fires and damage electrical appliances in people’s homes.

”During the April 14 thunderstorm, several houses were damaged and the top floor of a school block was razed after being hit by lightning,” he said, adding that the electricity at his own house had tripped during the storm, which usually occurred in the afternoons.

During the two-hour thunderstorm, traffic was brought to a standstill in many parts of the city.

The lightning also caused several cases of fire including at SK Kangkar Tebrau and affected several houses in Taman Daya and Kg Mohd Amin.

Several trees were also uprooted.

Khoo also appealed to about 200 residents in Kg Ubi to be alert whenever it rained because their village was still flood-prone.

“Usually after a downpour, the water levels will usually rise up to three feet,” he said, adding that most of the residents were locals doing odd jobs.

He hoped the flood mitigation works in the area would be done to prevent the recurrence of flash floods in the area.

On floods in other parts of his area, Khoo added that due to recent flood mitigation works by the government, it had helped to prevent flash floods in the Ulu Tiram area.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Community/2014/05/08/Khoo-Remove-plugs-during-heavy-thunderstorms/

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
08 May 2014| last updated at 11:26PM

Dancing fountain for Taman Merdeka

ENCHANTING: Johor Baru City Council chief whip Datuk Yahya Jaffar says the rhythmic fountain will be accompanied by songs
JOHOR BARU: TAMAN Merdeka will soon have a dancing fountain. Johor Baru City Council (MBJB) chief whip Datuk Yahya Jaffar said work had already started and the fountain was expected to dance in two months.

"The rhythmic fountains will be accompanied by songs, like the ones in Dubai," he said.
"The council has already drained the water from the man-made lake, so that workers can install the fountains. When it is ready, visitors can expect an enchanting experience."
Yahya said MBJB wanted to upgrade the park as it was a popular recreation spot for city folk.
Sariadi Jamian, 78, of Taman Bukit Indah, who was the park with his wife and a friend said: "There are recreation parks near my housing estate but I wanted a change of scenery, and since my friend offered to drive us here, I quickly accepted the kind offer.
"I like it here in Taman Merdeka. It is ideal for activities such as strolling, brisk walking, jogging or cycling," Sariadi said, adding that he also liked the lake.
Chew Li Ting, 30, of Taman Century, said she and her family were usually at the park in the mornings or evenings.
"We try to come here as often as we can as it is important to have some recreation after work.
"However, sometimes our busy schedule does not permit such a luxury. My husband says he would rather come to the park than go to a gym.
"My son also likes it here as visitors can learn about Johor's history written on the historical monuments found in the park," Chew said.
She said she could not wait for the dancing fountain to be ready.
The 12.5ha park, located a mere 3km from the city centre, was launched in 2011 as a community recreation park.

Read more: Dancing fountain for Taman Merdeka - Johor - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/streets/johor/dancing-fountain-for-taman-merdeka-1.590187#ixzz31E5XbMQf

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The spicy nasi goreng kampung in JB is nothing compared to this acid attack elsewhere in Msia. Good to know acid attack nature of crime exists in Msia and be careful..

Published: Thursday May 8, 2014 MYT 4:46:00 PM
Updated: Thursday May 8, 2014 MYT 5:50:17 PM

Boy, 8, unwittingly splashed with acid in attack targeting nasi lemak seller

BY KIATISAK CHUA

ALOR SETAR: An eight-year-old boy suffered injuries to his face after two unknown suspects splashed acid on him while he was buying nasi lemak at a roadside stall, in an attack believed to have targeted the stall owner.

The boy, Abdul Hakim Wafi Abdul Razak, was buying the meal at approximately 7am in front of Sekolah Rendah Islam Islah when the incident occurred.

It is believed that the suspects, who were wearing helmets, were targeting the stall owners, Shamsudin Samat, 60, and his wife Fatimah Shafie, 46.

Shamsudin suffered burns to his body and face while his wife, Fatimah, suffered burns on her back.

Abdul Hakim's mother, Nazriah Abdul Rahman, 41, said she was waiting for her son in the car while he bought his breakfast.

"Two men riding a scooter stopped near the stall. One of them got off the bike and splashed the acid on the owners," said Nazriah when met at the hospital.

Nazriah said her son cried out loudly when some acid splashed on him.

"I drove to the Malaysian Civil Defence Department nearby, where he was then taken to the Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital for treatment," she said.

She added that the stall had only been operating for only two days.

Meanwhile, Fatimah's son, Mohd Fairuz Azimuth Osman, 25, said her mother had just married his stepfather five months ago.

"I have not even met my stepfather yet because my mother moved from our house in Hutan Kampung to Pendang after their marriage," he said, adding that he only found out about the incident after a relative called him.

Pendang OCPD Deputy Supt Abdul Aziz Ahmad confirmed the incident and said that the investigation was underway.

"We are on the hunt for the two suspects," he said, adding that the case would be investigated under Section 326 of the Penal Code for causing serious injury.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/05/08/acid-attack-family-hurt/

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just hope they maintain whatever it is they build. ....the clocktower's clock was reported to have stopped for some months "because spare parts had to be ordered"...doesn't give a gd impression for a city to see it's clock stuck in time.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
The spicy nasi goreng kampung in JB is nothing compared to this acid attack elsewhere in Msia. Good to know acid attack nature of crime exists in Msia and be careful..

Published: Thursday May 8, 2014 MYT 4:46:00 PM
Updated: Thursday May 8, 2014 MYT 5:50:17 PM

Boy, 8, unwittingly splashed with acid in attack targeting nasi lemak seller

BY KIATISAK CHUA

ALOR SETAR: An eight-year-old boy suffered injuries to his face after two unknown suspects splashed acid on him while he was buying nasi lemak at a roadside stall, in an attack believed to have targeted the stall owner.

The boy, Abdul Hakim Wafi Abdul Razak, was buying the meal at approximately 7am in front of Sekolah Rendah Islam Islah when the incident occurred.

It is believed that the suspects, who were wearing helmets, were targeting the stall owners, Shamsudin Samat, 60, and his wife Fatimah Shafie, 46.

Shamsudin suffered burns to his body and face while his wife, Fatimah, suffered burns on her back.

Abdul Hakim's mother, Nazriah Abdul Rahman, 41, said she was waiting for her son in the car while he bought his breakfast.

"Two men riding a scooter stopped near the stall. One of them got off the bike and splashed the acid on the owners," said Nazriah when met at the hospital.

Nazriah said her son cried out loudly when some acid splashed on him.

"I drove to the Malaysian Civil Defence Department nearby, where he was then taken to the Sultanah Bahiyah Hospital for treatment," she said.

She added that the stall had only been operating for only two days.

Meanwhile, Fatimah's son, Mohd Fairuz Azimuth Osman, 25, said her mother had just married his stepfather five months ago.

"I have not even met my stepfather yet because my mother moved from our house in Hutan Kampung to Pendang after their marriage," he said, adding that he only found out about the incident after a relative called him.

Pendang OCPD Deputy Supt Abdul Aziz Ahmad confirmed the incident and said that the investigation was underway.

"We are on the hunt for the two suspects," he said, adding that the case would be investigated under Section 326 of the Penal Code for causing serious injury.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Nation/2014/05/08/acid-attack-family-hurt/

Why the child, he is innocent. His life is ruined before it has begun. I hope those two Cowards suffer evermore than the young boy......

austin_hts

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now in the jam at woodlands..... I guess will take me 1.5hrs to clear both customs. Need alot of patience.....these jams actually cause much frustrations and stress in people and very bad for health.....*sigh*

I suppose e jam will last until 10pm+ tonight for 2nd link n 11pm+ for 1st link.

Stevewish

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is kopitiam got aircon and people serve you plus clean toilet. but i don't mind eat at habib oso. can smoke.

Refer to Killiney kopitiam, I will go for it esp with my family with children and friends. Children cannot tolerate smoking and dirty toilet and prefer aircon.

When I am alone, any roadside stall or "no class" kopitiam with good food still fine with me.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Refer to Killiney kopitiam, I will go for it esp with my family with children and friends. Children cannot tolerate smoking and dirty toilet and prefer aircon.

When I am alone, any roadside stall or "no class" kopitiam with good food still fine with me.

the killiney kopitiam quite pleasant. 10RM per pax is not so ex for the aircon, clean toilet, serve u nasi with nice cutlery etc.

but if die die want to eat roast pork must go BI already.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now in the jam at woodlands..... I guess will take me 1.5hrs to clear both customs. Need alot of patience.....these jams actually cause much frustrations and stress in people and very bad for health.....*sigh*

1st linked is jammed up now but not as bad as last night. 2nd link is still okay. Next week mid-year exam is over, and it probably will jam badly every weekend for next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.