• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 3 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
A lot of them are Malaysian SPRs.. Their buying power could be much higher than most local Singaporeans..

Agree. Malaysians esp chinese for decades, other than overseas education for their children, do not really spend their money esp. luxury things as they have to be in low profile all the time. Many are really super cash rich.

And now with the availability of quality housing with tight security in recent years and with money losing it's value to inflation, many are willing to invest in good properties.

For Singaporeans, I think mindsets are also changing as our media is slowly painting a different picture about Johor because our govt has a big stake in Iskander. Now they're beginning to slowly try and brainwash us to send our elderly to retire there with the recent CNA prog. Later they will be very aggressive in promoting their Wellness Centre when project begin construction.

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. Malaysians esp chinese for decades, other than overseas education for their children, do not really spend their money esp. luxury things as they have to be in low profile all the time. Many are really super cash rich.

And now with the availability of quality housing with tight security in recent years and with money losing it's value to inflation, many are willing to invest in good properties.

For Singaporeans, I think mindsets are also changing as our media is slowly painting a different picture about Johor because our govt has a big stake in Iskander. Now they're beginning to slowly try and brainwash us to send our elderly to retire there with the recent CNA prog. Later they will be very aggressive in promoting their Wellness Centre when project begin construction.

I think so too. The crust will be if in 2-3 years when the developments come online, will they move over or hold or weekend homes or rent or resale .......

How is the situation in HH on a weekday night ? Are there many living there ?

alnine

Alfrescian
Loyal
JOHOR BARU: It’s a long holiday break and hotels here are doing brisk business, with many registering full occupancy.

One of the main reasons for this is the theme park attractions, especially in Nusajaya.

M Suites Hotel general manager Dev Singh said that since the opening of Legoland Malaysia and Puteri Harbour Indoor Theme Park, Johor had become a hot spot for holidaymakers.

“Despite a 30% increase in room rates, many are still calling in for bookings. Currently, we have only a handful of rooms available. But from Thursday onwards, we are fully booked,” he said.

A Thistle Hotel spokesman said it was fully booked for the weekend.

“We have offered a special Legoland Malaysia package and almost half of our bookings were from guests who took up our two-day-one-night theme park package.

“The package includes two free adult tickets to Legoland with transportation,” he said, adding that the room rates had been slightly increased for the peak season.

Malaysian Association of Hotels Johor chapter honorary secretary Aidah Abd Rahman said that many of its members reported good response in room bookings for the school holiday period.

“Holidaymakers booked the rooms as early as April but most of them were snapped up in the last two weeks,” she said.

However, Aidah said that with many new hotels opening in Johor there would be more rooms available soon.

“We are happy with the rate of growth experienced by the hospitality industry in the state and this shows that the components formulated for Iskandar Malaysia are now bearing fruit,” she said.

-- From TheStar

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal
A sign of times.

Going to one of the hotels in Singapore for a staycation or to Malaysia. The choice is becoming more obvious these days!

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think so too. The crust will be if in 2-3 years when the developments come online, will they move over or hold or weekend homes or rent or resale .......

How is the situation in HH on a weekday night ? Are there many living there ?

Not sure about HH as I'm not vested there.
My place in LF will only be ready next year. It's rather quiet there on weekdays now. I think the biggest discouragement for people to move over there now is the unpredictable bad jams at the customs unless they're already retired and their kids already grown up. So it's weekend homes for now, thus rather quiet on weekdays.

Probably have to wait for Temasek to start marketing their project before they really do anything to the jams (so they can sell really well).

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
My place in LF will only be ready next year. It's rather quiet there on weekdays now. I think the biggest discouragement for people to move over there now is the unpredictable bad jams at the customs unless they're already retired and their kids already grown up. So it's weekend homes for now, thus rather quiet on weekdays.

Probably have to wait for Temasek to start marketing their project before they really do anything to the jams (so they can sell really well).

If Bro Wuqi doesn't mind ( as I have "seen" the implied post that he has "something to profit" from his comments whenever he replies...) HH has a thriving population where one can see houses with lights blazing and people moving around. I have even noticed single woman jogging in the evenings by themselves or in twos. Children riding around in their bicycles not only in their respective Precints ( Gateway, Golf East and West ) But also on the way to the other Precints...... Yes, I live in Horizon Hills and do have vested interests. Hope this answers your question. Though there are weekend owners, owner/property occupation is very high compared to the other Developments on similar standing with HH....

PEACE TO ONE AND ALL.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal

Keep the jam and save a fortune . The only way these papies can think of is made you pay more lor !

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keep the jam and save a fortune . The only way these papies can think of is made you pay more lor !

The Coastal Highway by right should have toll if I remember correctly. I think the government is holding back to encourage investments at the moment. I have this feeling that we are just like little sheeps been fattened up at the moment to prepare for the final slaughter. Don't be surprised if the government starts to implement policies that differentiate taxes of locals and foreigners on properties.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Bro Wuqi doesn't mind ( as I have "seen" the implied post that he has "something to profit" from his comments whenever he replies...) HH has a thriving population where one can see houses with lights blazing and people moving around. I have even noticed single woman jogging in the evenings by themselves or in twos. Children riding around in their bicycles not only in their respective Precints ( Gateway, Golf East and West ) But also on the way to the other Precints...... Yes, I live in Horizon Hills and do have vested interests. Hope this answers your question. Though there are weekend owners, owner/property occupation is very high compared to the other Developments on similar standing with HH....

PEACE TO ONE AND ALL.

Yes, HH is certainly livier than places like LF. Was touring Bayou Water Village about half year ago and was told only 40% stay there permanently, with the rest weekend homes. All Singaporean owners.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think they really need to improve the jams or the employment picks up locally. Otherwise I see a limit to the price ceiling.

Another classic case of planning for growth without the supporting structure like Singapore that was caught pants down without sufficient HDB, MRT, hospitals etc from 2005-2012. In this case the jams are caused by insufficient number of immigration booths at both sides of the two links.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another classic case of planning for growth without the supporting structure like Singapore that was caught pants down without sufficient HDB, MRT, hospitals etc from 2005-2012. In this case the jams are caused by insufficient number of immigration booths at both sides of the two links.

Dont think is the case of insufficient number of immigration booths . Have you ever see the booths 100% in operation ? Not once I see 100% in operation , mostly is 50% to 60% most of the days , inclucding hoildays and CNY . Sometime I see only one lane doing inspection at SG custom , got 30 booths open to clear passports also no use wat .

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dont think is the case of insufficient number of immigration booths . Have you ever see the booths 100% in operation ? Not once I see 100% in operation , mostly is 50% to 60% most of the days , inclucding hoildays and CNY . Sometime I see only one lane doing inspection at SG custom , got 30 booths open to clear passports also no use wat .

I have seen around 80% booths operational before yet there was a jam. Even if 100% operation, the jam can only be reduced slightly by probably about 10-20%. If Iskandar were to take off, the fastest solution is not to increase the bridge but to double the number of booths at both sides simultaneously.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have seen around 80% booths operational before yet there was a jam. Even if 100% operation, the jam can only be reduced slightly by probably about 10-20%. If Iskandar were to take off, the fastest solution is not to increase the bridge but to double the number of booths at both sides simultaneously.

In that case , they should operate at 100% whenever there is a jam . Otherwise how to justify for 1 million pay leh , should get pay cut of 50% if they insist to operate at 50% all the time .

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
In that case , they should operate at 100% whenever there is a jam . Otherwise how to justify for 1 million pay leh , should get pay cut of 50% if they insist to operate at 50% all the time .

I think stamping passports is not a revenue-generating operation. Unless the toll at the customs is increased. Anything that earns $ tend to be implemented much faster.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal

1. Widen the Woodlands causeway by reclaiming land on both sides, triple the no. of lanes and booths.
2. Add third road link.
3. Higher pay to attract more custom officers.
4. Special pass like macs for foreigners invested in MY with a few lanes catering just for them so they can just scan like touch n go card at the tolls.

But this will only happen if Sg govt can really benefit from their investments in Iskander.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. Widen the Woodlands causeway by reclaiming land on both sides, triple the no. of lanes and booths.
2. Add third road link.
3. Higher pay to attract more custom officers.
4. Special pass like macs for foreigners invested in MY with a few lanes catering just for them so they can just scan like touch n go card at the tolls.

But this will only happen if Sg govt can really benefit from their investments in Iskander.

Yes, at the moment, Johor stands to gain much more than Singapore. Singapore may suffer from hollow-out effect in terms of manufacturing (starting) and weaker domestic demand. I'm not surprised if Singapore drags its feet over the customs issues. So those hoping for a 3rd bridge can wait long long. I think the RTS/MRT main objective is to bring in workers from JB while reducing the likelihood of them crowding out Singaporeans in housing. HSR is probably to enhance Singapore's link with KL to boost Singapore's status as a regional financial and business hub.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Normally in MY, I love to park head in too unless parking lot too narrow which will then be easier to park backside in first.
No wonder Sg parking lots usually rather narrow compared to MY, as 'they' can screw us from behind cos' we have to park backside in first! Ouch!

Ha ha!

Haha so the acid test should be - only those Singapore plate cars that park reverse in are Singaporeans - those that park head in are a mix of Msian SPR and Singaporeans...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal

Aiyah since when they justify 1 million pay? Ever take bus across Tuas custom? The immigration passport stamping there got no dedicated lane for Singaporeans. At Msia custom, they have dedicated lanes for Msian passport holders.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aiyah since when they justify 1 million pay? Ever take bus across Tuas custom? The immigration passport stamping there got no dedicated lane for Singaporeans. At Msia custom, they have dedicated lanes for Msian passport holders.

Any non Msians attempted to enter those car lanes dedicated for Msian passport holders? I am sure the immigration officers also LL have to serve you right?

Status
Not open for further replies.