• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Liverpool Supporters fall in here!!! Season 2008/09

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dec 2, 2008
Liverpool not re-signing Owen

LIVERPOOL - LIVERPOOL manager Rafa Benitez has ruled out attempting to bring Michael Owen back to the club as a solution to his striking problems.

With Owen's Newcastle contract expiring at the end of the season, he could leave in the January transfer window for a cut-price fee.

The need for a fresh option up front was emphasised when Liverpool was held 0-0 by West Ham on Monday, sorely missing Fernando Torres who is battling a hamstring injury.

But the injury-prone 28-year-old Owen, who left Liverpool in 2004 and joined Newcastle after a year at Real Madrid, isn't Benitez's solution.

'I can guarantee we aren't going for Michael Owen,' Benitez said. -- AP

ForzaFerrari88

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dec 2, 2008
Liverpool not re-signing Owen

LIVERPOOL - LIVERPOOL manager Rafa Benitez has ruled out attempting to bring Michael Owen back to the club as a solution to his striking problems.

With Owen's Newcastle contract expiring at the end of the season, he could leave in the January transfer window for a cut-price fee.

The need for a fresh option up front was emphasised when Liverpool was held 0-0 by West Ham on Monday, sorely missing Fernando Torres who is battling a hamstring injury.

But the injury-prone 28-year-old Owen, who left Liverpool in 2004 and joined Newcastle after a year at Real Madrid, isn't Benitez's solution.

'I can guarantee we aren't going for Michael Owen,' Benitez said. -- AP

Why? Is he asking more money to buy again? I thought they have Keane.:rolleyes:

The Monkees

Alfrescian
Loyal
damn,this is the 3rd time at Anfield that Liverpool cannot even score a goal.
at least if it is an goal's draw,may feel better.

hi Liverpool's fans here,do you think it is time for a change of manager ???

ANDYSIAO14

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dont think we need to change the manager...
we arent doing bad at all...
still in the race of all major cups :biggrin:

hungary fighter

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is a greater chance of benitez quitting liverpool than being sacked due to the differences & unrest in the boardroom.....

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Alamak just read a news report which did a parody on the Jack Nicholson character "Afew Good Men" with Fergie in that role playing his usual mind games with Rafa..."You want the title, you can't handle the title":eek::rolleyes::biggrin:

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
we will lose Torres till Jan 09,very bad news for us since we already have problem scoring goals.

hope that it will not affect much and the rest of players can step-up.
really hope that Babel being given a chance to start and show his potential,no point keeping him on the bench since Keane has problem scoring also.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Rafa really needs to motivate his attackers like babel and Keane what with El Nino out for yet another spell:( Oh and please keep shit players like Dossena, Lucas, Plesis and Ngog on the bench only:rolleyes:

We need a good win tonight against Rovers to get back on track, come you Reds:smile:

YNWA

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
after those disappointing nil-nil draws,we really need to buck-up and start scoring,winning and picking up those points.

Go Reds Go !

mwjng

Alfrescian
Loyal
At last a win

Thank goodness that we won 3-1 at Blackburn. We really miss Torres. Babel and Keane are still not there yet. Infact I think the first eleven is almost certain now to Benitez.

In Goal : Renia
Back four: Arbeloa, Carragher, Agger (Hyypia,Skrtel), Aurelio
Midfield: Kuyt, Gerrard, Mascherano, Alonso, Riera
Attack: Torres
Reserves: Babel, Benayoun, Lucas, Keane

I still feel that Benitez should not have sold Couch

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tis time betta than ze last 1 ...

last 1 lasted oni 6 days ... tis 1 has now exceeded dat ...

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: At last a win

Thank goodness that we won 3-1 at Blackburn. We really miss Torres. Babel and Keane are still not there yet. Infact I think the first eleven is almost certain now to Benitez.

I think C.Bellamy is a better striker than Crouch.
He is fast but too bad, was sold for disciplinary problem.

Porfirio Rubirosa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: At last a win

I think other teams having watched the Stoke, Fulham and West Ham games against Liverpool now tend to crowd out the defence with 9 men and hope for a break or two. Not easy to break down if that team is disciplined over 90 mins.

That is why the Reds took so long to break down Rovers defence. Overall another average performance by the Reds but the one good thing is that they showed resilience and kept knocking away until the very end. Another 3points and another week at the top of EPL, I shall gladly take it. Hopefully the Reds can build on this and go on another 5-7 game run and keep up the pressure on the other Big 3. Next biggie shall be the encounter with the Gooners later this month.

As for the first XI, I think Rafa may perfer Skertel to Agger and Hyypia; choose between Masch and Alonso in midfield; and play both Torres and Keane in attack. Unfortunately Keane has yet to live up to his 20m pounds price tag.

Oh and instead of Crouchie I would not mind seeing Hesky back at Anfield as another option in attack to hold up the ball for Torres.

mwjng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Bros,

U know, I kind of like the Liverpool formation of Riena at left, Kuyt at right and Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano forming the triangle in the centre with Gerrard push up, just behind Torres. I feel 'safer' with Alonso and Mascherano as 2 defensive midfielders supporting the back 4 and Alonso's long range passing is a joy to watch.

The problem is Keane. He is the extra piece of jigsaw which seems to be from another set of jigsaw. He reminds me of Harry Kewell, brilliant at Leeds, a flop at Liverpool. Keane is knocking goals when he was at Spurs. He should be adapted to be another Ian Rush, to make diagonal runs with his speed to score. He often does that but the rest of the Liverpool team do not understand his intention. :wink:

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
We should just siam the League cup and concentrate on the real treble.

bro,we are already out of the League Cup or Carling Cup.
now only in the Champion League and the soon to start FA Cup.
oh ya,we are still leading the table. good feeling to be there.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
bro,we are already out of the League Cup or Carling Cup.
now only in the Champion League and the soon to start FA Cup.
oh ya,we are still leading the table. good feeling to be there.

I meant every year. And it's not it's not brother.