• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

List of Singapore police officers killed in the line of duty

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
i only remember one incident which was purely the fault of the police and the media.

that fellow was an ex undercover. when his undercover days are over he took over some high ranking position and went on till he retired. When he retired the media publish his face on the paper and wrote an article about him. he was found dead the very next day he retired

all i know is that he is from the Anti-Narcotics. related to me by a Anti-Narcotics officer during my secondary sch days when i went for some silly talk

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Corporal Hoi Kim Heng (1970-21 May 1994) was a police officer of the Singapore Police Force who was stabbed to death at the age of 24 by Soh Loo Ban after a chase near Fook Hai Building in Singapore on 21 May 1994. He was the second last police officer to be murdered in the line of duty, the last being that of SI Boo Tiang Huat which occurred on 30 November 1994. The year 1994 was then considered a dark year for the police force.

Hoi, a regular police officer with the Central Police Division, was on regular patrol with his partner, Corporal Tan Huang Yee in their Fast Response Car in the Chinatown area when they spotted Soh along Nankin Street. They stopped and stepped out to check on Soh, who was known for his history of crimes as a drug addict and mobster. When corporal Tan asked Soh for his identity card, he pretended to reach for his card, and produced a 10 centremetre-long knife instead, which he used to stab Corporal Tan on his left arm before turning to run.
Both officers chased after Soh down Nankin Street. When reaching the Fook Hai Building, Soh stopped, turned and dashed into the pursuing officers, colliding into Corporal Hoi and sending both men to the ground. As they collided, Soh stabbed Hoi in the neck with his knife, before continuing on his escape with Corporal Tan still in pursuit.
Soh was chased to the Hong Lim Food Centre. Corporal Tan sustained more stab wounds from Soh, but he fired shots at Soh with his revolver. Soh was shot in the chest and a stray bullet also struck a passerby.
Other officers arriving at the scene found Corporal Hoi barely alive and was rushed to the hospital, but he and Soh did not survive. Both Corporal Tan and the passerby recovered from their injuries.

Corporal Hoi was given a rare field promotion posthumously on 23 May 1994 to the rank of Sergeant, and was given a police ceremonial cremation with full police honours, and awarded the Pingat Keberanian Polis. Corporal Tan was also promoted to the rank of Sergeant.
The case made front page news in the local media, and led to the public writing letters to the press expressing concerns over the possibility of police procedures preventing the officer from defending himself adequately. Existing police procedures forbade officers from drawing their weapons except when there was imminent signs of danger to himself or others. Hoi's death contributed to a review of these procedures, which now permit officers to draw their weapons based on personal judgement and assessment of the situation presented before him.

this one was during my time and i was with Alpha that time. :( thats why i always said, policeman must be garang and over power accused than to let them over power us.

Soul_Reaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
i only remember one incident which was purely the fault of the police and the media.

that fellow was an ex undercover. when his undercover days are over he took over some high ranking position and went on till he retired. When he retired the media publish his face on the paper and wrote an article about him. he was found dead the very next day he retired

all i know is that he is from the Anti-Narcotics. related to me by a Anti-Narcotics officer during my secondary sch days when i went for some silly talk

The list is not complete...... I oso happen to know a couple of KIAs matas whose names are not on the list.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
Moonlightaffairs, I've read about that case. In US police draw arms at discretion, there's no need for clear and present danger to himself or others. Of course, actually opening fire is another matter that has to be further justified. Because of the gun laws, US police can assume anybody to be armed and dangerous, draw arms, point and aim first, then talk later.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Moonlightaffairs, I've read about that case. In US police draw arms at discretion, there's no need for clear and present danger to himself or others. Of course, actually opening fire is another matter that has to be further justified. Because of the gun laws, US police can assume anybody to be armed and dangerous, draw arms, point and aim first, then talk later.

yes, we all now reservist. but read about old case when we were in the force, sometime can get emo. u still remember the 3 conditions to open fire? die oreadi then give promo and medal also no use.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes, we all now reservist. but read about old case when we were in the force, sometime can get emo. u still remember the 3 conditions to open fire? die oreadi then give promo and medal also no use.

Suspect armed and aggressive, danger to yourself or others. Singapore PPPO missed out one point that caused unnecessary police deaths, suspect with concealed weapon suddenly drawn and immediately used.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Suspect armed and aggressive, danger to yourself or others. Singapore PPPO missed out one point that caused unnecessary police deaths, suspect with concealed weapon suddenly drawn and immediately used.

thats why last time we 10-5 8b and 8a must be very careful. they are very desperate!!! last time we see, approach and handcuff, then check. if not they will fight back or run away. those orang lama will know its a 8b or 8a case when they look at them. :smile:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thats why last time we 10-5 8b and 8a must be very careful. they are very desperate!!! last time we see, approach and handcuff, then check. if not they will fight back or run away. those orang lama will know its a 8b or 8a case when they look at them. :smile:

You were in "A" at time of incident. Was Ng Kee Hoe or Foo Kia Juah the Comdr?

makanpoa

foo kia juah used to be nickname as imperial foo for his high handed style management. he was posted to pcg where he retired. cpl tan huang hee. had since been promoted to insp.