• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lionel De Souza: Singapore's talent at integration

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jun 25, 2010
Singapore's talent at integration

I REFER to Wednesday's report, 'Critics of foreign talent in sports get red card'.

Kudos to the Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports, Mr Vivian Balakrishnan, for flashing the 'red card' at Singaporeans who deride foreign-born talent for bringing glory to Singapore in the sporting arena while donning Singapore colours. I agree that such Singaporeans are small-minded.

Singapore is one of the few countries that can pride itself as being able to integrate and immerse naturalised citizens into its society, thus giving them and born and bred Singaporeans a level playing field in accordance with the nation's Constitution.

I see no reason why some Singaporeans should grumble about the status of naturalised Singapore citizens when their forefathers had also chosen to migrate to Singapore - a 'land of milk and honey', which it still is to this day.

Lionel De Souza

http://www.straitstimes.com/STForum/OnlineStory/STIStory_545237.html