• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lim Swee Say on CPF

ZaoBao

Alfrescian
Loyal
Use less CPF money to prepare for retirement: labour chief

SINGAPORE: The best way for Singaporeans to prepare for retirement is to use less of their Central Provident Fund (CPF) money when they are young.

Minister in the Prime Minister's Office Lim Swee Say said this will ensure the current level of CPF payout can be maintained over time, and not be eroded by inflation.

Mr Lim, who is also the labour chief, made that point when speaking to reporters on the sidelines of the closing of the Singapore Model Parliament on Sunday.

At the event, Mr Lim shared his experience with students when he was an MP debating policies at the old Parliament House.

He said policies are not a one-off exercise, but they keep evolving.

One policy which has received much attention recently is the CPF.

Mr Lim said the labour movement has been watching the debate closely, and wants to ensure that what is discussed does not create confusion among workers and union leaders.

"Everyone must remember, first is that CPF is your money, nobody can take that money away from you. You have your money, you have the account, and you receive the statement, the account on a regular basis. So, you know how much money you have in the CPF,” he said.

The labour chief said CPF money is also 100 per cent safe, and is protected against events like the global financial crisis.

One important objective of CPF is to cater for retirement.

Mr Lim said: "Instead of thinking about whether you can spend your savings in the CPF at the age of 55, I think we should think about how can we help our Singaporeans to continue to remain employed, to continue to earn a good living, continue to have good jobs, and at the same time to continue to contribute to the CPF because the more money they have in CPF, the longer they defer the use of the CPF -- this will mean they will have more for retirement."

For the past three days, some 100 students took on different roles as MPs debating national issues at the Singapore Model Parliament.

The Singapore Model Parliament provides students with a platform to undertake parliamentary roles and debate national issues.

Many found the experience enriching.

Kwek Jia Hao, a student who received the “Best Ruling Party MP” award at the event, said: "The key challenge is to persuade the opposition on the rationale and objective of policy making, that we want the beneficiaries of policy making to be Singaporeans."

The Singapore Model Parliament has been held annually since 2012 at the Art House Chamber, where the Singapore laws were passed from 1955 to 1999.

The event aims to underscore the importance of active civic participation, especially among Singaporean youths.

Talking cock at its best. Ask you use less cpf but charge 'subsidied' public housing sky high.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Be better stick to 'stealing tooth picks' & singing tasteless & off key songs....& we have intelligent people voting & paying this clown of a minister. There is no confusion, the uneducated coffee shop aunty & uncle, knows, what is a CPF statement & how much there is inside, even it says $6,000.

Even a youngster of 20 plus starting work, I talked to, know what is a CPF statement & how much money inside....of course it is OUR money, but it had become yOUR money, when they look you in the eye & tell you this. At retirement age...we want that money to become my money, I have $1 inside, I get that $1, not pay me 10 years later, & I withdraw 10cts per month until it get draws down ( for illustration amount). I want MY MONEY at retirement...at retirement..yes on paper MY MONEY...WHEN I NEED THEM or want to withdraw them...it is yOUR money.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Behind the zorro mask is a profoundly intelligent man.

[h=2]Education[edit][/h]Lim was educated in Catholic High School and National Junior College, before being awarded a Singapore Armed Forces(SAF) Scholarship in 1973 to study in the United Kingdom at Loughborough University. He graduated with first class honours in electronics, computer and systems engineering in 1976. In 1991, Lim completed a Master's degree in Management at Stanford University.
didn't know you can buy degree from those places

chongpangchixwings

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Behind the zorro mask is a profoundly intelligent man.

[h=2]Education[edit][/h]Lim was educated in Catholic High School and National Junior College, before being awarded a Singapore Armed Forces(SAF) Scholarship in 1973 to study in the United Kingdom at Loughborough University. He graduated with first class honours in electronics, computer and systems engineering in 1976. In 1991, Lim completed a Master's degree in Management at Stanford University.

Not to mention his lead singing and on stage charisma.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not to mention his lead singing and on stage charisma.

Hang those PAP maggots cockroaches with piano wires from lamp posts to make them dance before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
BBQ those PAP maggots cockroaches before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
Cut a few more arseholes into those PAP maggots cockroaches to let out their shit before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
Make those PAP maggots cockroaches eat joss sticks and candle wax before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You need someone like LSS to tell young couples not to use too much of their CPF?
How are they going to service their housing loan in that case when they married young?

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"Everyone must remember, first is that CPF is your money, nobody can take that money away from you. You have your money, you have the account, and you receive the statement, the account on a regular basis. So, you know how much money you have in the CPF,” he said.

The labour chief said CPF money is also 100 per cent safe, and is protected against events like the global financial crisis.

Mr Lim said: "Instead of thinking about whether you can spend your savings in the CPF at the age of 55, I think we should think about how can we help our Singaporeans to continue to remain employed, to continue to earn a good living, continue to have good jobs, and at the same time to continue to contribute to the CPF because the more money they have in CPF, the longer they defer the use of the CPF -- this will mean they will have more for retirement."

Have not used this pickcher for a long while.

KLJW.jpg

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You need someone like LSS to tell young couples not to use too much of their CPF?
How are they going to service their housing loan in that case when they married young?

You do not have a choice on how much CPF you want to use when you buy your pigeon hole.

HDB wipes everything out from your OA.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singaporean couples can rent a room in a HDB flat full of tiong or pinoy tenants. It is whether they choose to or not.

RiderX

Alfrescian
Loyal

[video=youtube;H6C-ohadSsE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6C-ohadSsE[/video]

My money I don't have say? Again, I cannot choose whether to take it out or delay payment? What talking you?