• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Let's get this straight. It's the older Sinkie PMETS that loses out to FTs

DuYunQi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who do you think is the largest employer in Singapore? Stop being an idiot by asking the PAPzis to switch off their revenue streams which come in the form of GDDP bonuses and increased income from rental of properties directly owned by them and indirectly from those owned by GLCs and minions.

Stop being an idiot by calling others an idiot.

As if I don't know who caused the problem.. and who is actually retaining the problem.. and also making it worse by not solving it and just increasing the numbers.. with a "researh paper" no less.. to try to hoodwink all to continue to believe in their fucked-up ways.

Go tell the 60+% who voted them into parliament in 2011 GE. Not me.. cos I can tell you that I sure didn't vote for them!!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those PMETs are obviously being paid more than they're worth. That's why they've been fired. No employer is going to pay someone $10,000 per month if they don't add more than that amount of value to the enterprise.

The sinkees add enough value to generate a good chunk of profits. But the greedy bosses decided that they want more and the government facilitate it with ease in hiring aliens who are willing to do the job for half the salary. Then there are the MNC bosses who would like to bring their own kind in. That's why we have Citibank India, Nokia India, Seagate Philippines in sinkapore!

PMETs who have been working for a long time should have been planning for retirement along the way. By the time they hit the max pay scale, they shouldn't need jobs anymore. They should be financially independent.

Financially independence in sinkapore? You got to be dreaming. Not when you have to pay half a million for a 'subsidized' pigeon hole.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
The sinkees add enough value to generate a good chunk of profits.

That's a fallacy which most Sinkies would like to believe but in reality is not the case. In an SME environment, every cent counts. You never know when you're going to be hit with a period of prolonged losses so you make hay while the sun shines in order to build up sufficient cash flow for a rainy day. I ran a business that lost money for 15 months straight. Luckily, there were sufficient cash reserves to see me through and that was from a golden period the year before.

In an SME, you make as much money as you can whenever the opportunity arises.

Financially independence in sinkapore? You got to be dreaming. Not when you have to pay half a million for a 'subsidized' pigeon hole.

With rising property prices, a subsidised pigeon hole is actually a great asset to have.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's a fallacy which most Sinkies would like to believe but in reality is not the case. In an SME environment, every cent counts. You never know when you're going to be hit with a period of prolonged losses so you make hay while the sun shines in order to build up sufficient cash flow for a rainy day. I ran a business that lost money for 15 months straight. Luckily, there were sufficient cash reserves to see me through and that was from a golden period the year before. In an SME, you make as much money as you can whenever the opportunity arises.

If you keep making pop-piah skin by depending on cheap labour, it is a matter of time before you will have to shut down unless the government keep the flow of cheap labour open.
A business can be profitable and yet pay its productive employees living wages. For an SME, a strong team culture is the essential competitive edge to business success unless your business is intended to be a one-night stand.

With rising property prices, a subsidised pigeon hole is actually a great asset to have.

We have a bubble, sustained by the deluge of foreigners. This bubble will burst.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
If you keep making pop-piah skin by depending on cheap labour, it is a matter of time before you will have to shut down unless the government keep the flow of cheap labour open.
A business can be profitable and yet pay its productive employees living wages. For an SME, a strong team culture is the essential competitive edge to business success unless your business is intended to be a one-night stand.

We have a bubble, sustained by the deluge of foreigners. This bubble will burst.

Let's take your Popiah skin example. If I did want to make popiah skins in Singapore, I definitely would want a source of cheap labour or I wouldn't be able to compete against those doing it in Malaysia or Indonesia. However, I'd still be hiring a few Singaporeans.

However, if I wasn't allowed to hire foreigners, I would move offshore and hire ZERO Singaporeans.

Brubeck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Being a middle-aged PMET is indeed hard in Singapore. You never know when you will be replaced by cheaper FTs.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Businesses and businessmen take the risk. They will therefore exploit (use) their resources within the rules (at least most do). Its the role of the govt to ensure that there is a balance and one side is not looked after while other is neglected.

For s start, the govt needs to ensure that structurally insolvent or non-viable businesses that are afloat on cheap labour and grants are ushered out. This will free resources to areas that need them.

Secondly Temasek and its subsidiaries are major landlords charging exhorbitant rent. Part of the rent can go to pay for qualified and competent labour that are lot more productive than cheap labour. The trouble is that the PM has placed himself in a position of conflict. If rentals are froced down, the impact will be on Temasek and his wife's image will suffer and his as well. He should not have placed himself in such a position. Common sense says that it is better for him to blame it on other things rahter than force Temasek to act.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
For s start, the govt needs to ensure that structurally insolvent or non-viable businesses that are afloat on cheap labour and grants are ushered out. This will free resources to areas that need them.

I have this vision that I can be the Popiah skin king of Asia. I intend to set up a factory that churns them out by the hundreds of thousands daily.. soft.. tasty but wonderfully strong.

I want to set this up in Singapore but I need government assurance that I can hire 100 cheap foreigners in order to make the business profitable. However, I'll be hiring at least 20 Singaporeans in accounting, clerical work, a few technicians and a food technologist to do research.

If I'm not guaranteed an ongoing source of cheap labour, I tell the government that I'll set this up in Johore state instead and no Singaporeans will be involved.

So what should the government do? Tell me to bugger off or help me so that 20 jobs for Singaporeans are created.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have this vision that I can be the Popiah skin king of Asia. I intend to set up a factory that churns them out by the hundreds of thousands daily.. soft.. tasty but wonderfully strong. I want to set this up in Singapore but I need government assurance that I can hire 100 cheap foreigners in order to make the business profitable. However, I'll be hiring at least 20 Singaporeans in accounting, clerical work, a few technicians and a food technologist to do research.
If I'm not guaranteed an ongoing source of cheap labour, I tell the government that I'll set this up in Johore state instead and no Singaporeans will be involved.
So what should the government do? Tell me to bugger off or help me so that 20 jobs for Singaporeans are created.

A government that knows about economic development would tell you to mechanize. And it will slap given preference tax treatment for pop-piah skin made in sinkapore. Those imported from cheap countries will be subjected to some levy to even the playing field.

Those 20 people could secure better wages in companies that are making products of higher value. For a product with lean margins, there's a limit on wage increase.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
A government that knows about economic development would tell you to mechanize. And it will slap given preference tax treatment for pop-piah skin made in sinkapore. Those imported from cheap countries will be subjected to some levy to even the playing field.

Those 20 people could secure better wages in companies that are making products of higher value. For a product with lean margins, there's a limit on wage increase.

Fair comment. Mechanising will mean I need more technical staff instead over 3 shifts to make it worth my while. My response would be "can I hire foreign technical staff then?" as Singaporeans expect high wages and refuse to work the night shift.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Guys ! Listen...

Its a Global trend when China with one third of world populations release their jobless and poorest citizen to the world at the same time India, Philippines is doing same.

Its call Foreign Talents Cheaper & Younger, works longer hours. All MNCs in the World crave for them not only in SG.

Many countries faces the same problem they call them Foreign Trash.

BUT ! They pay taxes, CPF & GST too.. they make our properties hike, they Queue up at all the hawker stalls during lunch time whether its good taste or not doesn't matter. Taxis Uncles never complain say no customers any more. All shops taken up, rented everything sold... :P

The Car I bought 5 years ago i can still sell at a profit ?! WTF 5 yrs free drive & earn Money... Hallelujah ! Its NOT the Government but its a Global Trend. We have 2 chances to buy HDB flats, if you sell the 1st one when your 2nd flat is allocated to you you make a Ton ok at least half a Ton.. :P

Business is good and i'm sure most of the businesses are better just because there are tons of consumers be it FTs or PRs ...

When you work you work. What the Fcuk does that means ? Its the same so why work for other people ? Be your own boss. Start small, $50 register a company HDB can be registered as office, be a hawker, Insurance Agent, Housing Agent, handphone shop, Tour Agents, computer repair, food stalls, Sub contractor.

Rent a van or pickup truck get a friend or employ one who knows how to do Electrical wiring, plumbing, painting contractor, etc. and when you get better become renovation contractor or later Builder etc .. You're the boss .

The above still don't suit you ? Be a tuition teacher be the only job that lets you scold your boss .. hahahaha.... My old old uncle died my auntie crying how to support daughter thru NUS. I told her Tuition is DAMN good money. She made 2k+ doing part time while studying, giving tuition to '"O" level students. She got smarter she took like 4 at a time at her own home. They made it thru, she's graduating this year.

Don't work for people be it you're a Ah beng/mat/neh with low education or a Graduate. With such high population & safe country (low crime rate) .. go out ! go forth & make a niche for yourself & your love ones.

You won't have only 50 bucks in your pocket like Gilbert once said ..... rofl.
You won't be here 24/7 like our resident "K & K" so useless and all day posting unscrupulous craps ... sad case.

Cheers !

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys ! Listen...

Its a Global trend when China with one third of world populations release their jobless and poorest citizen to the world at the same time India, Philippines is doing same.

Its call Foreign Talents Cheaper & Younger, works longer hours. All MNCs in the World crave for them not only in SG.

Many countries faces the same problem they call them Foreign Trash.

BUT ! They pay taxes, CPF & GST too.. they make our properties hike, they Queue up at all the hawker stalls during lunch time whether its good taste or not doesn't matter. Taxis Uncles never complain say no customers any more. All shops taken up, rented everything sold... :P

The Car I bought 5 years ago i can still sell at a profit ?! WTF 5 yrs free drive & earn Money... Hallelujah ! Its NOT the Government but its a Global Trend. We have 2 chances to buy HDB flats, if you sell the 1st one when your 2nd flat is allocated to you you make a Ton ok at least half a Ton.. :P

Business is good and i'm sure most of the businesses are better just because there are tons of consumers be it FTs or PRs ...

When you work you work. What the Fcuk does that means ? Its the same so why work for other people ? Be your own boss. Start small, $50 register a company HDB can be registered as office, be a hawker, Insurance Agent, Housing Agent, handphone shop, Tour Agents, computer repair, food stalls, Sub contractor.

Rent a van or pickup truck get a friend or employ one who knows how to do Electrical wiring, plumbing, painting contractor, etc. and when you get better become renovation contractor or later Builder etc .. You're the boss .

The above still don't suit you ? Be a tuition teacher be the only job that lets you scold your boss .. hahahaha.... My old old uncle died my auntie crying how to support daughter thru NUS. I told her Tuition is DAMN good money. She made 2k+ doing part time while studying, giving tuition to '"O" level students. She got smarter she took like 4 at a time at her own home. They made it thru, she's graduating this year.

Don't work for people be it you're a Ah beng/mat/neh with low education or a Graduate. With such high population & safe country (low crime rate) .. go out ! go forth & make a niche for yourself & your love ones.

You won't have only 50 bucks in your pocket like Gilbert once said ..... rofl.
You won't be here 24/7 like our resident "K & K" so useless and all day posting unscrupulous craps ... sad case.

Cheers !

Your view in life is very short sighted.. you're talking on coping in the short term.

All you picture is how you're doing with your financial means, how you can exploit the rules.

Well, your gov is in a way exploiting you so it's fair ..so why are all these toon here complaining?

Economic performance in any country is not based on 'what you can or cannot afford'..who gives a damn, let alone your own gov. It based on how wealthy the gov is and how many wealthy ppl reside in there.

Of course your point about making yourself a boss is valid but with a country run the way it is, you expect Sinkie willing to jump on that trail in boat loads?

Sam's arguement is on the right line. Cheap labor is plentiful as FTs. Which Boss doing his pte business is not concerned about cost cutting and making profits? Boss wins, gov wins. but here the toons are whinning about their gov not taking care of them. And use their votes to threaten. Both young and old Sinkie can and will be displaced from their jobs. This can last for the next coming 100 years or more.

Can you and your children's children last that long before this cheap labor thing is over?

Like one well to do Sinkie once put it and the other Sinkie took offence.

It's your fore fathers lacked of ability to crave out a niche for his later gen when times were easier. Blame it on their own fore fathers.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
This theory is both right and wrong. It depends.

Younger Sinkies are losing out as well. If a company wishes to hire for a position which does not require experi nce, then it is easy to find a cheap foreign trash for it. However, if I wish to get someone with experience, foreign trash may lose out.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This theory is both right and wrong. It depends.

Younger Sinkies are losing out as well. If a company wishes to hire for a position which does not require experi nce, then it is easy to find a cheap foreign trash for it. However, if I wish to get someone with experience, foreign trash may lose out.

As time go on this thing about FTs not being more experienced will be a next of the past.

They will get just as good , if not better than the home bred Sinkie in alot of areas.

Look. Your gene pool here is limited. Even if Sinkie cross breed with FTs, you will never be as fast in breeding the type of ppl who will run the globe in the next 50 to 100 years than what they can do so over in their place.

I've always said. Sinkie species will be extinct come 50 years from now.

Last edited:

mojoe

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkie species will be extinct come 50 years from now.

WHY the continuous offer to some of these, citizenship? As stated in the white paper. If they bring an economic benefit to Singapore, they will also as PRs; why the need to alter the Singapore core %. So as, Mr Tan Jee Say asks "Is there a political agenda?"

Please wake up to these happenings my fellow Singaporeans.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
As time go on this thing about FTs not being more experienced will be a next of the past.

They will get just as good , if not better than the home bred Sinkie in alot of areas.

Look. Your gene pool here is limited. Even if Sinkie cross breed with FTs, you will never be as fast in breeding the type of ppl who will run the globe in the next 50 to 100 years than what they can do so over in their place.

I've always said. Sinkie species will be extinct come 50 years from now.

Look...of course the FTs will get better and the older Sinkies will get slower..etc. It is in the course of human nature. U don't expect Michael Jordon to best Kobi Bryant today...even F1 Micheal S. (sorry cannot spell his name) found out the hard way. But we need to be recognised and allow to work at our own pace till retirement (if we never open the floodgates, this problem will not be so acute!). But the PAPpies want to turn the notch up and get our Dad's army to compete with the newcomers on the same terms. If they like it so much, why don't they do it in the political sphere....let the 20s and 30s year olds compete with our MPs in their late 40s and 50s.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
WHY the continuous offer to some of these, citizenship? As stated in the white paper. If they bring an economic benefit to Singapore, they will also as PRs; why the need to alter the Singapore core %. So as, Mr Tan Jee Say asks "Is there a political agenda?"

Please wake up to these happenings my fellow Singaporeans.

Maybe these FTs are more appreciative?

or maybe they are indeed needed to more about the change in Sinkie mindset.

Sinkie should wake up. They cannot retain what is NOT theirs ..

AS THEIRS.

They should instead make hay while the sun shine and make sure, they become fore fathers their later gen can be proud of.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look...of course the FTs will get better and the older Sinkies will get slower..etc. It is in the course of human nature. U don't expect Michael Jordon to best Kobi Bryant today...even F1 Micheal S. (sorry cannot spell his name) found out the hard way. But we need to be recognised and allow to work at our own pace till retirement (if we never open the floodgates, this problem will not be so acute!). But the PAPpies want to turn the notch up and get our Dad's army to compete with the newcomers on the same terms. If they like it so much, why don't they do it in the political sphere....let the 20s and 30s year olds compete with our MPs in their late 40s and 50s.

Your vision of 'shooting at your own time , own target is way past and irrelevant and no longer serves you or your later gen.

Hell, with such a mindset, you will indeed hasten your extinction and your later gen.

Of course, whatever they do the Master do not apply to themselves.

If Sinkie peasants are so good. Then get rid of their master and set up what they thinks suit them.

if they can't.

So be it.

It's nature way to rid of the less desirable and ensure the fittest survive and conquer.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your vision of 'shooting at your own time , own target is way past and irrelevant and no longer serves you or your later gen.

Hell, with such a mindset, you will indeed hasten your extinction and your later gen.

Of course, whatever they do the Master do not apply to themselves.

If Sinkie peasants are so good. Then get rid of their master and set up what they thinks suit them.

if they can't.

So be it.

It's nature way to rid of the less desirable and ensure the fittest survive and conquer.

Look! Human beings and society r not so dumb. If the process is such that every new gen will come along and knock off the old gen, then someone in the new gen will get wise to this process and think....hmmm in future I will get old too, so I better change the system to protect myself otherwise I will end up like these poor buggers I replaced!

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Agree.

They even deepen the wound sufferred by us poorer citizens by locking up OUR hard-earned Cpf money by not releasing back to us at age 55 !!!:mad:

why not you start a CPF protest at hong Lim park... i am sure this time 10000 or much more sinkies will join you...

CPF leh, everyone has it.. so your protest will be very very well - received..