• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Leongsam won't be interested in this...

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
August 5, 2009 11:44 AM PDT
Users start to get final Windows 7 this week

by Ina Fried<choose></choose>
  • Font size
  • Print
  • 24 comments
  • <script showbranding="0" src="http://d.yimg.com/ds/badge.js" badgetype="text">cnet_news406:http%3A%2F%2Fnews.cnet.com%2F8301-13860_3-10303</script>

Windows_7_home_premium_box_270x337.jpg

(Credit: Microsoft)
The wait for Windows 7 will soon be over--at least for those in Microsoft's MSDN and TechNet developer programs. Members of those two groups will have access to the new operating system starting on Thursday. Another group--large businesses with volume license deals for Windows--will get access to the code on Friday, while other large businesses will be able to get the software starting September 1.

Consumers and small businesses, meanwhile, will have to wait until the product's official launch on October 22, when the product will start shipping on new computers and hit retail shelves. Microsoft finalized the code for Windows 7 late last month. CNET colleague Seth Rosenblatt's official review of the operating system can be found here, and I've embedded his video review below. Another date worth pointing out is August 20--the last day to download the free "release candidate" version of Windows 7. Although it won't last forever, it's a good way for those with some technical know-how to try out Windows 7 for free.

<object height="280" width="364"></object><dl><dt>Topics:</dt><dd> Windows

</dd></dl> <dl><dt>Tags:</dt><dd> Microsoft,

</dd><dd> Windows 7,

</dd><dd> Windows 7 beta,

</dd><dd> Windows 7 RC,

</dd><dd> Windows 7 release candidate,

</dd><dd> RTM,

</dd><dd> Windows 7 RTM

</dd></dl>
Full coverage: Windows 7

<!-- /post --> <!-- MAC T 1e.1e.22.23 --><!-- MAC [r20090625-1642-TriggerFix-Mad8-msm-v1-13-10:1.13.10] c18-rb-tron-xw7.cnet.com::1220598112 2009.08.06.08.52.47 --><!-- MAC-AD STATUS: COULD NOT MAP ( _MAPPINGS='NEWS' BRAND='5' SITE='3' SP='174' CNET-PTYPE='00' POS='100' NCAT='10784:13860:B56:1060:' CNET-PARTNER-ID='1' ) TO _RGROUP --><!-- NO AD TEXT: _QUERY_STRING="POSTHTML=%3C%2Fdiv%3E%3C%2Fdiv%3E&POS=100&SP=174&PREHTML=%3Cdiv%20class%3D%22infoboardWrap%22%3E%3Cdiv%20class%3D%22infoboard%22%3E&NCAT=10784%3A13860%3AB56%3A1060%3A" _REQ_NUM="0" --><!-- MAC ad --> <dl class="recentPosts" section="posts"><dt>Recent posts from Beyond Binary</dt><dd> Windows 7 bug likely not a 'showstopper'</dd><dd> Users start to get final Windows 7 this week</dd><dd> Microsoft: No browserless Windows 7 after all</dd><dd> Microsoft prices Windows 7 family pack</dd><dd> Microsoft's Bach on Zune, Natal, and Windows Mobile</dd><dd> Microsoft online head: Search could be hugely profitable</dd><dd> Mundie: The desktop of the future is a room</dd><dd> Ballmer: Windows will get more competition</dd></dl> <dl class="relatedPosts" section="mlt_related"><dt>Related</dt><dd> Windows 7: Moving beyond Vista</dd><dd> Windows 7: A great gaming platform?</dd><dd> Microsoft: No browserless Windows 7 after all</dd><dd> Microsoft finalizes Windows 7</dd><dd> Sinofsky to become Windows division president</dd><dd> Windows 7 RTM reviewed</dd><dd> Windows 7 not soup yet</dd><dd> Windows 7 testers have long path to upgrade</dd></dl>

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I just switched from XP/VISTA/WIN7 RC1/UBUNTU to this...SEBEH TOKONG! SOLID MAN!!!

mac-os-x-leopard.jpg

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

http://dailyapps.net/2007/12/hack-attack-install-leopard-on-your-pc-in-just-one-step/

Hack Attack : Install Leopard On your PC in Just One Step

<!-- WSA: rules for context 'Adsense-Single' said: don't show ad -->
Update : If you are looking for a guide to Dual Boot Windows Vista and Mac OSX Leopard, please follow this guide Hack Attack : Dual Boot Leopard and Windows Vista. The Dual Boot Guide is a comprehensive guide and it should work for most of you with a little bit of hard work.
Here is a complete guide to install Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.1 (9B18) on your PC, in just one step that is as easy as it could possibly get. Just pop in the DVD and you are good to go, running Leopard in no time, with all the 300+ features at your fingertips.
index-hero20071016.png

Its been nearly two months, since I last wrote my guide to Install Leopard on your PC in just 3 Steps. Well I wanted to write a better How-To that would answer many questions that people had from my previous How-To.​
I am writing this guide for a novice user, who doesn’t know much about the various commands that went into my previous article. This is a one step process that almost anybody in this world would be able to follow.​
Here are the basic requirements for you to proceed with the installation of Leopard :​

• A Blank DVD-R to burn the ISO.
  • The ISO image to be downloaded from Mininova.
Before I tell you, how to install OSX I would like to tell you why this release by Uphuck and Eskurza is an important milestone in the OSX86 Project.

With the EFI patch, the hackintosh can boot off VANILLA UNMODIFIED OS X kernel and use vanilla kexts, which gives a more clean room and great peace of mind for future system updates.
To Know more about PC-EFI visit the OSX86 Wiki
  • iATKOS (as this release is called) supports a variety of Hardware configurations, and many popular Graphic Cards, Network Cards are supported.
Now lets proceed with the installation of Leopard. Before that here are few conditions your CPU must satisfy to use this installation method..

• Non Core Intel Processors, no PC-EFI for you.
  • Core Based Processors, for PC-EFI to work.
  • AMD processors are not supported at this time.
Ok now, lets proceed with the installation :
Step 1: Installing Leopard

• Download the Installation ISO from Mininova. You can find it by performing a search for iATKOS v1.0i (Its about 2.09 GB).
  • Once you are done, with downloading burn the ISO at very slow speeds to the DVD.
  • Pop in the DVD and boot into it from BIOS and follow the Onscreen Instructions.
  • Select the Appropriate Packages, based on your hardware and then proceed.
  • Installation might take about an hour or so, so grab yourself a cup of coffee while you install Leopard.

Step 2: That is all my, my Friend

• Didn’t I say it was a one step installation process. Yes it really was.. Congratulations you’ve done it.
That’s it for now. I will be updating this post in the future, when the AMD patch is released. If you have any questions, please drop in a comment, or ask your questions in the Uphuck Forums.
A big thanks to Uphuck and Eskurza for this amazing release. A lot of credit for all this hardwork goes to them. And ofcourse to Netkas for the development of PC-EFI. Cheers!
Please seed for atleast a couple of days, once you have finished downloading. This will help other people to get this amazing release faster.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he is waiting for something better and much cheaper

OS X 10.6

cheaper and better. sinkies dream purhase