• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Leisure Farm Community

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, right now it's still quite affordable for many Sgreans. But with the rate of increase a little too quick and too fast, 10yrs from now, will JB still be affordable for ordinary Sgreans to retire cheaply which was the whole idea in the first place? Probably they have to buy somewhere with an hour's drive from customs. So less well off sinkies are being pushed further and further away from SG in time to come like the orang seletar?
Everything is priced in for the 'PRC effect' these days.

Does the miw cares if the less off in Sg is being pushed to staying in more ulu places. They will tell you earn $1000 can afford 3 room flat but got to wait...........

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore itself is crowded everywhere. Sometimes can get jammed on expressway for hours like the jam at causeway.

No doubt it is a good price to earn a living and that is why many FT comes. After they makes the money, they balik to their kampong and retires in big house and drive big cars.

Those who have taken the risks 3 years ago is following what the SPR is doing - have the best of both worlds.

Only citizens cannot do that and those who miss the train 3 years ago is getting on the bus now before the bus leave. If miss the bus, then LL when look back 5 years from now if we see the RTS completed and 7 years for HSR. Or can wait for the ground breaking ceremony for the HSR before buying any unit, then should be safer investment.

At the rate the price is increasing, if RTS and others fully complete, semi-d here will cost rm 5mil? HSR complete, will cost rm 7mil? Condo in PH and Danga Bay will cost rm 3-4k psf?
Wait! I thought it's suppose to be a cheaper retirement place for sinkies?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the rate the price is increasing, if RTS and others fully complete, semi-d here will cost rm 5mil? HSR complete, will cost rm 7mil? Condo in PH and Danga Bay will cost rm 3-4k psf?
Wait! I thought it's suppose to be a cheaper retirement place for sinkies?

Terraces around $600k RM still have but further north or east of Johor.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lots of different views on the broader Johor markets of late.
Any Leisure Farm specific updates that anyone wants to share in this Leisure Farm thread?
I think Phase I of Bayou Creek looks rather mature and almost ready for handover.
Anyone eagerly looking forward to it?
Plus, heard that Phase II launch of Bayou Creek might have less 'frills' thrown in, given how strong market demand had been.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any Leisure Farm specific updates that anyone wants to share in this Leisure Farm thread?
I think Phase I of Bayou Creek looks rather mature and almost ready for handover.
Plus, heard that Phase II launch of Bayou Creek might have less 'frills' thrown in, given how strong market demand had been.

Some Phase 1 bungalows and semi dees especially around the showrooms should be ready to be handed over by November and the rest by feb next year.
Phase 2 has less frills eg smaller built up and land area but a million ringgit more.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Some Phase 1 bungalows and semi dees especially around the showrooms should be ready to be handed over by November and the rest by feb next year.
Phase 2 has less frills eg smaller built up and land area but a million ringgit more.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just read the latest coverage on Iskandar in last week's copy of The Edge.
Mulpha Land's Deputy CEO, Ronn Yong, was reportedly to be sharing that the new semi detached units will be approximately RM 2.5 million onwards and the bungalow units are pricing at RM 4 million onwards.
I must say that the pricing of Leisure Farm is now matching up to Putrajaya/Cyberjaya district nearer to KL now.

Will be interested to see how Mulpha Land is able to coordinate the development efforts with the other major developers around the immediate vicinity of Leisure Farm.

UEM/Rowsley - Gerbang Nusajaya, opposite current Leisure Farm main entrance (Motorsports City/Residential/Retail facilities)
Sunway - Sunway Township immediately to the east side of Leisure Farm (planned 3rd entrance).
Sunway is planning a development project in excess of RM1 billion that will embrace commercial units, semi detached/bungalows, waterfront condominium, theme park.

Overall, if the developers can work closely together, it will be a win win situation for all as there will then be residential buzz and a real community living and working in the area.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone here going for Phase 2?
Yes, maybe phase 2 bungalows are a million rm more due to higher construction cost recently with competition from so many other projects for labour and materials and also with continued strong demand from buyers? At around SGD $1.6 mil for a freehold g&g bungalow, it will still be snapped up fast by Sgreans as long as their Sg properties prices still stays strong.

Btw, I find the layout of phase 2 is nicer than phase 1. Won't mind swopping one if got a chance but must be with no extra cost. Ha ha!

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, maybe phase 2 bungalows are a million rm more due to higher construction cost recently with competition from so many other projects for labour and materials and also with continued strong demand from buyers? At around SGD $1.6 mil for a freehold g&g bungalow, it will still be snapped up fast by Sgreans as long as their Sg properties prices still stays strong.

Btw, I find the layout of phase 2 is nicer than phase 1. Won't mind swopping one if got a chance but must be with no extra cost. Ha ha!

Only 20 units semi d phase 2 for balloting. Rm$2.8 million upwards

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal

How is phase 2 better than phase one?

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
How is phase 2 better than phase one?

Ok, maybe personal preference varies. Have you been to the showhouse in p2?
I like the dining room facing the swimming pool which is overlooking the canal. And with mangrove trees on the other side. So I feel p2 have more natural facing.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, maybe personal preference varies. Have you been to the showhouse in p2?
I like the dining room facing the swimming pool which is overlooking the canal. And with mangrove trees on the other side. So I feel p2 have more natural facing.

I suppose the feel of the unit depends on where it's located within the Bayou Creek project.
Phase one starts from the north east segment and it is now be stretched towards the south westerly segment.
I suppose some of the completed/completing phase one units face the mangrove area as well, no?

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suppose the feel of the unit depends on where it's located within the Bayou Creek project.
Phase one starts from the north east segment and it is now be stretched towards the south westerly segment.
I suppose some of the completed/completing phase one units face the mangrove area as well, no?

Maybe there is in phase 1 but I didn't see it. But have saw some plots of land in phase 2 facing the mangroves.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe there is in phase 1 but I didn't see it. But have saw some plots of land in phase 2 facing the mangroves.

Took a look on the map and that area is currently some collection of mangroves.
Agree that it will be more tranquil that way.
Be interesting for those who are keen to explore phase 2.
Cheerguan, you been there recently I suppose.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Took a look on the map and that area is currently some collection of mangroves.
Agree that it will be more tranquil that way.
Be interesting for those who are keen to explore phase 2.
Cheerguan, you been there recently I suppose.

Hi Market, viewed P2 showhouse a few mths back. On the other side of the canal opp the showhse, there will be some commercial shops with another canal separating it from the mangroves. Thus, only limited no. of lots facing those mangroves.
Yes, rather tranquil.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Market, viewed P2 showhouse a few mths back. On the other side of the canal opp the showhse, there will be some commercial shops with another canal separating it from the mangroves. Thus, only limited no. of lots facing those mangroves.
Yes, rather tranquil.

I do think that Leisure Farm would firstly need a critical mass of residents to create buzz and a real community living within.
To reference UEM/SP Setia's concept, there are frills and conveniences of having grocery shopping/cafes/restaurants at their doorstep.
If Mulpha has plans to start up a commercial section within Leisure Farm, that will definitely improve the liveability and convenience of the place.

cheerguan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I do think that Leisure Farm would firstly need a critical mass of residents to create buzz and a real community living within.
To reference UEM/SP Setia's concept, there are frills and conveniences of having grocery shopping/cafes/restaurants at their doorstep.
If Mulpha has plans to start up a commercial section within Leisure Farm, that will definitely improve the liveability and convenience of the place.

Yes, but unless the jams at the immigration can be solved, residents will only use them as weekend homes. So for now, the liveability will only be during weekends.

Market

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, but unless the jams at the immigration can be solved, residents will only use them as weekend homes. So for now, the liveability will only be during weekends.

Fully agree CheerGuan.

Btw, anyone here knows how long does it take to travel point to point from Leisure Farm/East Ledang into CBD in SG?

Never really experienced the immigration efficiency in the morning.

Plus, there is the AYE/ECP bottleneck to content with.

So if one needs to be in office by 8.30am, I suppose will have to leave by 6.30am?