• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

LEE B W admit civil servant jiak liao bee.

JinGanKor

Alfrescian
Loyal
李美花:捉蛇惊动几个部门 公务员生产力低

20100304_lydia_limeihua_img_main.jpg

要捉一条蟒蛇却惊动好几个部门,宏茂桥集选区议员李美花建议,政府部门与机构应该带头提高公务员的生产力。

李美花昨天在国会说,她某天早上开车上班途中,接到一个居民的电话,说在住家后院发现了大蟒蛇。

她说:“她听起来很惊慌,我赶紧帮她打电话报警,警员很快赶到现场,可是却说那条蛇不足以立刻构成威胁,无需马上行动,这时候,蛇已爬进屋子后方的大水沟里。”

“结果警员竟说沟渠属于公用事业局管辖,居民再打电话要我帮忙联络,公用事业局人员到场后发现沟渠太宽太深,于是联络承包商下来帮忙。”

不料当他们尝试捉蛇时,却下起倾盆大雨,结果蛇已爬到沟渠另一边的树林,公用事业局人员就说,那里属于国有土地,应该由土地局处理。

李美花以这个例子说:“我希望每个公务员能自我检讨,看看自己能如何提高效率和生产力,确保各部门之间紧密合作来提高生产力。”

http://news.omy.sg/News/Local+News/Story/OMYStory201003041507-132932.html

1. AMK GRC's resident call Lee that the resident's house has a python at the backyard.
2. Lee call police, police say no threat no need immediate action.
3. Python climb into big sewer, police say not their business anymore, find PUB settle.
4. Pub people say sewer too wide and deep, must call contractor.
5. Rain again, snake climb to the woods, PUB say not their business anymore, just like the poodles. Must call SLA now.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
李美花昨天在国会说,她某天早上开车上班途中,接到一个居民的电话,说在住家后院发现了大蟒蛇 。

=> Which privileged resident has direct access to her h/p? And it's obvious that ordinary Peasants donch have access to the Poodles anymore!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During my time in the police force, catching snakes was part of our duties. We had free ECA training in the old Thomson Police Academy. Sometimes in the middle of the night go toilet also must be ready to catch snake in case one appeared.

Outside in patrol cars, radio calls for snake in public were quite common and routine, especially in older kampung-kampung. We'd just go there and catch it with a ring-pole and gunny sack. Later someone from PPD would come and collect it.

Now I think it's no longer police duty. There's the argument that PPD or SLA or the zoo is better suited for such duty. However, unlike police or ambulance, these departments don't have deployments all over Singapore to enable a reasonably quick response time of around 10 minutes in case of emergency.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I ever spotted a python, I'll attempt to catch it. After which, it'll be BBQ over a slow fire after rubbing the body with herbs like garlic & ginger. Maybe add some rice wine.
Tasted python meat many years ago in the Endau jungles with some villagers. The texture & taste is simply exquisite.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I ever spotted a python, I'll attempt to catch it. After which, it'll be BBQ over a slow fire after rubbing the body with herbs like garlic & ginger. Maybe add some rice wine.
Tasted python meat many years ago in the Endau jungles with some villagers. The texture & taste is simply exquisite.

Funny that you mention this. In the good old days, some snakes caught by police never ended up in station or PPD. For those with the culinary taste and skills, go one corner and do up the snakes to end up through their digestive systems. Perhaps that's why there's the term eat snake.

999 Radio Operator to Patrol Car: There's a call of snake spotted.

Vehicle Commander to Driver: Let's go. Our lunch is settled.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Welcome to squeaky clean green efficient Singapore!
We must be grateful to 50 years of PAP govt for such best practices.
"Past productivity drives did not fail", said Tharman. Yeah, they just paralysed things tht worked before.

Now I think it's no longer police duty. There's the argument that PPD or SLA or the zoo is better suited for such duty. However, unlike police or ambulance, these departments don't have deployments all over Singapore to enable a reasonably quick response time of around 10 minutes in case of emergency.

oli9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Funny that you mention this. In the good old days, some snakes caught by police never ended up in station or PPD. For those with the culinary taste and skills, go one corner and do up the snakes to end up through their digestive systems. Perhaps that's why there's the term eat snake.

999 Radio Operator to Patrol Car: There's a call of snake spotted.

Vehicle Commander to Driver: Let's go. Our lunch is settled.

These bunch of new officers dont know much about good food. Theyre probably more acquainted with the servings of thier favourite makcik stall. Has anyone told you that mousedeer meat taste best if marinate with coffee powder?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
These bunch of new officers dont know much about good food. Theyre probably more acquainted with the servings of thier favourite makcik stall. Has anyone told you that mousedeer meat taste best if marinate with coffee powder?

The culinary rage nowadays is that Indian rojak seasoned with rat stools is a dish to die for, literally.