• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Latest: Woman dies after being run over by SBS bus in Sengkang

Z

Zombie

drivers nowadays love to speed through the immediate front and back and sometime in-between the pedestrians, at the traffic lights.. a little misjudgment is enough to kill

Blazars

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gosh! I just seen the video. From a pedestrian point of view, the lady should have been more alert. But she was already crossing the road halfway. Personally I dont think i would be looking left and right the whole time while crossing the road.

From a driver point of view, he should have slow down more. I mean, come on, you are making a right turn at a cross junction. Dont you wan to really slow down your vehicle b4 making the turn?

I would like to think the fault lies in employing foreigners. Yes, the FTs. I have been driving on the roads for 10+ years. Generally, sg drivers, especially sg bus drivers, are a "safety 1st" lot. More caution. But the last few years, more china drivers are being employed. Of cos they would bring the driving cultures in china over to sg. Unless the sg instructor drill the "safety 1st" into their thick skull, we are going to see more fatalities.

I hope the deceased family sued the pants of SBS. And hopefully SBS starts to employ more sgreans. Maybe Msian drivers are ok.

guguchiao

Alfrescian
Loyal
So was it 33 year old woman kena hit or 66 yo kena hit ?

http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20120403-337507.html

siaOne
Tuesday, Apr 03, 2012

A woman has died after being hit by a SBS bus this morning at the junction of Sengkang Eastway and Compassvale Road.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) and police told AsiaOne that they received a call at 11.20am regarding an accident between a bus and a pedestrian.

SCDF said that an ambulance arrived at the scene in five minutes, but the 33-year-old woman was pronounced dead at 11.35am.

According to news reports, eyewitnesses said the woman was was run over by SBS Transit Bus service 159.

Police investigations are underway.

SBS Transit said it is very saddened by the incident and extends its deepest condolences to the family of the victim.

It also said it will try and extend all possible assistance to them during this very difficult time.

[email protected]

RIP....Our buses are being driven by unqualified Bus Captains

Sigh

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sue sbs and have a criminal case agst the senior management for sedition in endangering the safety of singapore! No more can we accept these prostitutes of the national security and tax payer robbers!

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Sue sbs and have a criminal case agst the senior management for sedition in endangering the safety of singapore! No more can we accept these prostitutes of the national security and tax payer robbers!

Trust me brother, it will just be a very very very gentle slap on the wrist for SBS and a slightly tighter slap for the driver. Uniquely Singapore. Next time want to kill people, use a car as what some brother here mentioned before.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Confirm that is Tiongster bus driver. That face and hairstyle, no Malaysian or Sinkie looks like that.

Lim+Swee+Say.jpg

Cheaper bus drivers.
Better profits for me and our cronies.
Faster arrives your date of death.

Z

Zombie

Trust me brother, it will just be a very very very gentle slap on the wrist for SBS and a slightly tighter slap for the driver. Uniquely Singapore. Next time want to kill people, use a car as what some brother here mentioned before.

this reminds me of a case in 2005 where a driver speedily reversed his car for a 5-car length on a one-way street and killed a woman who was crossing the road.. the driver got away with a fine and demerit points... the judge said it was the woman's responsibility to look left and right, and therefore she shared half the blame... :eek::eek:

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
this reminds me of a case in 2005 where a driver speedily reversed his car for a 5-car length on a one-way street and killed a woman who was crossing the road.. the driver got away with a fine and demerit points... the judge said it was the woman's responsibility to look left and right, and therefore she shared half the blame... :eek::eek:

I told you mah. Next time want to kill people, use a car :biggrin:
If not lenient, how to increase COE and ERP?

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

How come sharing half the blame means one person will lose the life, but the other person will continue to live?