• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lao Ho is a Satanist, a lot of Christian Talibans not happy

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

"One is often told that it is a very wrong thing to attack religion, because religion makes men virtuous. So I am told; I have not noticed it. That is the idea—that we should all be wicked if we did not hold to the Christian religion. It seems to me that the people who have held to it have been for the most part extremely wicked.

We find as we look around the world this curious fact, the more intense has been the religion of any period and the more profound has been the dogmatic belief, the greater has been the cruelty and the worse has been the state of affairs. Every single bit of progress in humane feeling, every improvement in the criminal law, every step towards the diminution of war, every step towards better treatment of the coloured races, or every mitigation of slavery, every moral progress that there has been in the world, has been consistently opposed by the organised Churches of the world.

I say quite deliberately that the Christian religion, as organised in its Churches, has been and still is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world. You may think that I am going too far when I say that that is still so. I do not think that I am."

Bertrand Russell, Why I Am Not a Christian (1927)

━━

Why I Am Not a Christian is a 1927 essay by British philosopher Bertrand Russell that was hailed by The Independent as "devastating in its use of cold logic" and is listed in the New York Public Library's list of the most influential books of the 20th century. It was originally a talk given 6 March 1927 at Battersea Town Hall, under the auspices of the South London Branch of the National Secular Society. It was published that year as a pamphlet and was later published, with other essays, in the 1967 book, Why I Am Not a Christian: And Other Essays on Religion and Related Subjects.

Along with What I Believe (1925) Why I Am Not a Christian (1927) ranks for many as articulate examples of Russell's thoughts. The ideas contained within were and still often are, considered controversial, contentious and - to some of the religious - blasphemous.

Image: Original 1927 recto title page to the pamphlet of Why I Am Not a Christian.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
1a136.jpg

1a137.jpg

1a134.jpg

1a135.jpg

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No dog food for them!

If you made a police report against our Madam Ho, I advise you to keep it to yourself. A moron who bragged about having police reports made against good PAP politicians saw himself sued and bankrupted for slander.