• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Lai Leow...Bus fare increase lagi leow...

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tell that to those lower income workers earning less than $700 a month who need to travel using public transport from one end of the island to another end to reach their workplace..

it rather dumb for lui fark yew to even mention fare increase. he promise no fare increase during the $1.1b handout to transport companies and now now even one year alreasy harping on fare increase liao. to me increase fare is fantestic as it punish the very people who like to vote pap. let there be more fare increase. hip hip hooray..

blackreplica

Alfrescian
Loyal
How dare he say that, fucking scumbag

How about a written guarantee that EVERY EXTRA CENT EARNED from the price increase is TRANSFERRED to the wages of each and every bus driver??? Since he is basically insinuating it, how about walking the talk and putting in on paper?

If he provides such an undertaking, I will happily pay!

But lets get out of lala land for a moment because I bet my ass that 20% at MOST will go to the drivers and the rest into executive pay packages and bonuses since they broke their target revenue KPI!

How disgusting can these ministers get? Does he really think us so stupid?

That the ministers and so-called management for these companies are so tightly in bed with each other. Scratching each others backs, making each other rich, and blaming, of all people, Singaporeans who ask for fair wages for our drivers, and the drivers themselves

Shame on any singaporean who votes people like him back into government in 2016! SHAME!!

Last edited:

itchy

Alfrescian
Loyal
So the ugly face minister is saying every time the bus drivers go on strike, the people gets punished with a fare hike?? :mad:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is turning crisis into opportunity....
Well done! White scums can even think of ways to milk more money from ah tiongs strike....what a master stroke

SeeingRED

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you were to reduce the number of foreign workers and immigrants here, most of the problems will be resolved.
There will be less vehicles and buses on the roads,housing prices will go down and...

Oh YES! Singapore citizens will rejoice & give thanks if 10% of SP & Q1 EP holders can depart permanently in the next 3 months.

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We do not need such huge buses that block up roads when they come towards the bus-stops.

Introduce "micros" like in Indonesia which costs only 2500 rupiahs (40 cents) for it is small and don't take up much space.

It would also be good for the general health of Singaporeans to walk to work.

Leave the roads to the orang-kayas.

Remember the movie, Gandhi by Attenborough, where Gandhi did the Salt Walk and also walked and rode of roofs of crowded trains all over India.

The action of this little "Samy in Loin-cloth" (famous words of Winston Churchill) brought independence to India after 350 plus years of British domination.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This is nothing but a propaganda exercise to instil in the minds of Singaporeans that if they want costs to remain low, they must put up with foreign labour.

Hypocrisy of the highest order, because whatever money saved by hiring cheap overseas labour is used to line the coffers of businesses and the government and increase CEO salaries rather than passed on to consumers.

Foreign worker numbers have been rising and yet the cost of living has been growing exponentially. The lies of the PAP are so obvious.

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Driver pay increase = increase fares
Oil price increase = increase fares
Buy new bus = Taxpayers pay
Expect better service = Increase fares..

* I thought they are Service Leaders, why in article now say they are bus drivers?

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Foreign worker numbers have been rising and yet the cost of living has been growing exponentially. The lies of the PAP are so obvious.

This seems to be the case.

singveld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
stupid PRC chinaman, just given PAP the perfect excuse to rise bus fare. We should expel all chinaman from singapore jobs market.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My question is this,,,

the board of directors, senior managers, CEO etc,,,how many of them are there? and how much are they earning? cut their pay by 50% and divide the 50% savings amoungst the drivers,,,will that be more than $500 per driver per month?

Please note, SMRT are gahmen companies and such companies are nothing dumping grounds for senior civil serpents and retarded generals who will never get a job in the open market,,

why should the people pay for PAP supporters?

Probably tons of them and they don't need to cut the wages or fire any of the dead wood. Just increase the fares.