• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

KNN! Old Chang Kee has increased their prices again.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just bought a stick of crab nuggets for $2.10! It used to be $1.60 before Covid, then they increased it to $1.80. In early March, it was $2. Now it's $2.10. This will be my last time buying anything from those mother fuckers.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
U should thank them. Raise the price, and u won’t eat their unhealthy shit so often.
Yes, raise the price I also won't eat such unhealthy food.

Fucking dirty food being made in Malaysia factory, frozen solid and send here just to be deep fried.

I suggest adding a unhealthy tax to it.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just bought a stick of crab nuggets for $2.10! It used to be $1.60 before Covid, then they increased it to $1.80. In early March, it was $2. Now it's $2.10. This will be my last time buying anything from those mother fuckers.

Money laundering hub, expect further price increases. :cool:

And if you think this is only Old Chunky etc... it's the same for humble peasant food such as chwee kueh, yam cake, soon kueh, min jiang kueh etc. :wink:

Willamshakespear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Keep calm. If any wish to increase prices, it's their biz decision & may even be their doom. No doubt it is a brand name, but ultimately, in such hard times, each citizen will watch their expenditure seriously.

Also, it only opens OPPORTUNITIES for INNOVATIVE others to come into the FREE market that Singapore practices, & grab market share, by selling cheaper & of BETTER QUALITY than what OCK is charging. Perhaps the Thread-starter may consider such an OPENED opportunity now, to challenge OCK, with the ease of starting biz in Singapore, even operating from a HDB flat after approvals?

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1 of 4 consistent dividend stocks in sg. sinkies must have their deep fried cravings. moreover halal too. contributor not only to sinkies’ tummies and arteries but also to sinkie hospitals too. everytime i see a long line at ock it reminds me of sinkie low ses stupidity and low iq.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I honestly can’t understand why ppl pay so much to eat such unhealthy shit. The worst of the lot is probably this

1682170864354.jpeg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
1 of 4 consistent dividend stocks in sg. sinkies must have their deep fried cravings. moreover halal too. contributor not only to sinkies’ tummies and arteries but also to sinkie hospitals too. everytime i see a long line at ock it reminds me of sinkie low ses stupidity and low iq.

I do enjoy a nice kari pok every now and then. There are many others that are better than Old Chunky, but Old Chunky has outlets everywhere and it's more convenient to buy their products.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I do enjoy a nice kari pok every now and then. There are many others that are better than Old Chunky, but Old Chunky has outlets everywhere and it's more convenient to buy their products.
their franchise model is superb as a biz. small footprint, most convenient locations, hole in the wall, many no ac, frozen food, deep fried on spot, lowly paid subservient serfs, low iq clientele with low budgets.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Eating healthy also saves money.
Cut out snacks, oily food, junk food, sweets, desserts, bubble tea, coffees and tea.
Eat fresh.
Eat more protein.
Eat cheaper protein like chicken and pork.
Cut down on fish, seafood, mutton and beef.