• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

KJ of RP should quit politics altogether

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
So all of us had an unwritten agreement not to bad mouth the opposition during the election. Now the election is over, it is time to surface some unpleasant points about the opposition.

First, I do not know Kenneth personally and I have no grudge against him. All the information I have are from the internet.

I think Kenneth should just quit politics altogether. Let's admit it, Kenneth is nowhere close to his late father JBJ.

Kenneth's oratorial skills are next to non-existent. His rally speeches are dead boring. It is not about his pronunciation or English. LTK could not pronounce English very well but he was able to move the crowd with his English speeches.

Kenneth's leadership quality is highly questionable. Having good people like Tony, Hazel and Nicole exiting the party en-masse puts his ability to lead and charisma in question. Even Alec Tok had left so close to the election. It also shows Kenneth's lack of communication skills.

At the early stage, giving Chiam and SDA a whole string of unreasonable conditons for merger with RP shows that Kenneth is arrogant.

Lastly, reciting the pledge wrongly. If it is his intent to lead the crowd to recite the pledge, Kenneth should at least have written it down somewhere if he is not familiar with the words. Good thing the media did not hound on this point.

I do not question Kenneth's ability as a funds manager, but running a political party is just not his forte.

Sorry Kenneth, please quit.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
KJ no RP should rename its party. No where in even the communist world is there sucha party called the reform party.

pinkpanther7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing against KJ. But I must agree that KJ was a real disapointment in the run up to the election. He is no where near his dear old dad JBJ as far as politic is concern.

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I totally agree. Overall, he cost his parties votes elsewhere too.
My young niece was one of the high percentage who cast spoilt votes in AMK because she was not convinced not only of the RP there, but was most unimpressed by KJ.

He speaks with a deadpan face, the most dull of monotones, his eyes glazed when giving speeches or when being interviewed. But worst of all one could not see feel the fire in the belly, where a 24-year old Nicotin had it breathing out of her mouth and exploding from her ears too.

Whatever his motivations in coming back to serve, he is not cut out for it - the three waves of people who left from the time he led the party to eve of elections speak volumes.

KJ, take time off to enjoy yourself and relax. Politics is not for every one.
(used to bump into his old man in town at coffee shops and even when having a short chat over a cup of coffee, the old man was breathing fire - the passion with which he spoke about Singapore was just inspiring.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I totally agree. Overall, he cost his parties votes elsewhere too.
My young niece was one of the high percentage who cast spoilt votes in AMK because she was not convinced not only of the RP there, but was most unimpressed by KJ.

He speaks with a deadpan face, the most dull of monotones, his eyes glazed when giving speeches or when being interviewed. But worst of all one could not see feel the fire in the belly, where a 24-year old Nicotin had it breathing out of her mouth and exploding from her ears too.

Whatever his motivations in coming back to serve, he is not cut out for it - the three waves of people who left from the time he led the party to eve of elections speak volumes.

KJ, take time off to enjoy yourself and relax. Politics is not for every one.
(used to bump into his old man in town at coffee shops and even when having a short chat over a cup of coffee, the old man was breathing fire - the passion with which he spoke about Singapore was just inspiring.

"deadpan face" haha

WP could have won 2 GRCs had it not been for KJ

alantan27

Alfrescian
Loyal
KJ is a disgrace to JBJ
I once scold KJ stupid on his facebook
The next day he deleted me and ban me fron his facebook

Fool_Me_Hard

Alfrescian
Loyal
He should close Reform Party or quit the party and let someone more capable to take over, his snobbish attitude and monotone speech put people off. Even Mr Low whose English is not that powderful can make English speeches that stir our emotions.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
He should close Reform Party or quit the party and let someone more capable to take over, his snobbish attitude and monotone speech put people off. Even Mr Low whose English is not that powderful can make English speeches that stir our emotions.

Just change the name of the party.

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
"deadpan face" haha

WP could have won 2 GRCs had it not been for KJ

On this point, I remember when election boundaries were announced, Kenneth wanted to chope so many constituencies when clearly he knew at that time RP did not have enough candidates (even adding Alec Tok in) nor resources to contest in all of them. I don't know whether he was delusional.

He is simply hogging space and weakening the opposition as a whole. He should go.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
On this point, I remember when election boundaries were announced, Kenneth wanted to chope so many constituencies when clearly he knew at that time RP did not have enough candidates (even adding Alec Tok in) nor resources to contest in all of them. I don't know whether he was delusional.

He is simply hogging space and weakening the opposition as a whole. He should go.

Shame on him.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The only reason why KJ contested AMK was because of his vendetta against LHL over what he and LKy did to JBJ.

WP could have ran in AMK GRC using the same 2006 suicide squad and would certainly have done better.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only reason why KJ contested AMK was because of his vendetta against LHL over what he and LKy did to JBJ.

WP could have ran in AMK GRC using the same 2006 suicide squad and would certainly have done better.

He can't win at all. Look at all other democracies. Two-parties--I evne say that for the UK (the lib dems are shit). Leave it to WP to capture all 80 plus seats.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He can't win at all. Look at all other democracies. Two-parties--I evne say that for the UK (the lib dems are shit). Leave it to WP to capture all 80 plus seats.

I agree. AMK GRC has the most number of voters (180k) in singapore and it should be contested more seriously.

When the AMK result was announced last saturday, it lifted PAP margin to above 60%. PM Lee got his strong mandate.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. AMK GRC has the most number of voters (180k) in singapore and it should be contested more seriously.

When the AMK result was announced last saturday, it lifted PAP margin to above 60%. PM Lee got his strong mandate.

Still a 2:1. Not a good score. I thought grand dad got a double first?

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal

To be fair, if RP did not contest AMK, that place would be a walkover. WP had earlier confirmed on a few occasions that this election, they would not contest AMK.

This one must give RP credit.

PhuaTeKor

Alfrescian
Loyal

We shouldn't waste an opposition 'heavy weight' in this manner. There is still more than enough time to start a Rojak GRC B-team so that both Tanjong Pagar GRC and Ang Mo Kio GRC will be contested in the 2016 election by more qualified teams filled with 'well known' opposition political figures. KJ may have earned himself an honourable place on the 2nd rojak team based on what mentioned here. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?92729-Singapore-s-first-indigenous-Rojak-GRC-team