• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kidney patient needs RM50,000 more for transplant

K

Kunoichi

Tuesday October 12, 2010

Kidney patient needs RM50,000 more for transplant

IPOH: Part-time cashier Yap Thian Chu wanted to continue with his studies after finishing his STPM. However, the 22-year-old was diagnosed with kidney failure in 2007. ”My preparation for STPM got disrupted as I needed to undergo dialysis treatment three times weekly,” he said yesterday. Speaking at a press conference called by Perak MCA Public Services and Complaints Bureau chief Datuk Lee Kon Yin here yesterday, Yap expressed his wish to go for a kidney transplant in China.

n_24yap.jpg

Hoping for a better future: Yap (right) relating his woes at the press conference in Ipoh as Lee looks on.

“I want a better future, not one that is forever hooked on to a dialysis machine,” he said. Yap and his family started saving up for the RM190,000 operation two years ago. ”I am still RM50,000 short. There is no one I can turn to for help anymore,” he added, appealing to the public to help him. Lee said Yap had planned to undergo the operation at Zhujiang Hospital in Guangzhou. “I believe in one month, we will be able to collect the needed amount,” he said. Those who want to donate to Yap can send crossed cheques payable to the Perak MCA Public Services and Complaints Bureau, with “Yap Thian Chu” written on the back. The cheques should be sent to the bureau at No. 90-92, Tingkat Satu, Jalan Sultan Idris, 30000 Ipoh, Perak.