• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kayly Low gains 12kg, looks like pig and she calls it transformative.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal

S'porean actress Kayly Loh gains 12kg for acting role, learns to 'embrace' body​

The weight-gain journey was "transformative", Loh said.
Wong Li Jie |
clock.png
April 18, 2024, 11:22 AM

Kayly-Loh-puts-on-12kg-for-role.png

Telegram
Whatsapp
In an Instagram video from Apr. 15, Singaporean actress Kayly Loh shared that she has put on 12kg over the "last few months."

Loh is known for her television roles in shows like Mediacorp's "Tanglin" and "Fix My Life".
Explaining the cause for her weight gain, Loh clarified that she isn't pregnant. Instead, she's preparing for an upcoming role for a drama.
"[...] the truth is, I am preparing for a role in an upcoming drama and to truly embody the character beyond the screen, my body had to see through this transformation," Loh said.

Process was "transformative"​

Showing herself enjoying food on her travels in the video, Loh shared: "Initially it was pure joy to have this excuse to indulge and let go."
"But this journey has been transformative, both physically and emotionally," the actress described.

Amid her transformation, there were times when she could "no longer recognise" herself, as well as days when she was "shamed by comments made by people who didn't know the reason behind this gain."

However, this weight gain has brought her down a path of self-discovery and acceptance: "But I'm learning every day, learning to embrace my body for all its imperfections," Loh concluded.

Comments show support​

Several of her fellow actor friends, such as Cynthia Koh and Hong Ling, said they'll join Loh for the remainder of her journey.

Kayly-Loh-comments-1.png
Image from kaylywayly/Instagram.

Others like Jeremy Chan and Benjamin Tan laud her commitment.

Kayly-Loh-comments-2.png
Image from kaylywayly/Instagram.

Kayly-Loh-comments-3.png
Image from kaylywayly/Instagram