• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

June 4 - Tiananmen Massacre

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng says today is June 4! still remember those tualingkongs rolling down the streets?:rolleyes: salute the deceased!

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tiananmen Sq will be pack with plain clothes police.

So many police that the are no room even for tourists.

tiananmen-arrest.jpg

lianbeng says today is June 4! still remember those tualingkongs rolling down the streets?:rolleyes: salute the deceased!

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let's remember.

[video=youtube;Q5zqX-Y58Xw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5zqX-Y58Xw[/video]

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Surprisingly many PRC chinks in or out of china have never heard of this incident........reminds me of the ignorant dumbfucks 60.1%

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not surprising. June 4 happened before the internet and all information was and continues to be controlled by the CCP. The incident also alerted the CCP to put in controls on the internet when it did emerge.

The second factor is that many Chinese people are socialized / brainwashed into believing that if a foreigner tells you something bad about China, his ulterior motive is to destroy China from within.

Surprisingly many PRC chinks in or out of china have never heard of this incident........reminds me of the ignorant dumbfucks 60.1%

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In ah tiong land. The ah tiongs themselves dont cARE. Y should we? The ah tiongs r quite happy with the way china is going.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the Chinese Communist government was so cruel back then. even the Chinese Nationalist government and Warlords holding absolute power did not shoot at any student protestors groups in 1910-30s feudal China.

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do learn about the post civil White Terror in Taiwan.

the Chinese Communist government was so cruel back then. even the Chinese Nationalist government and Warlords holding absolute power did not shoot at any student protestors groups in 1910-30s feudal China.

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

surprisingly, indeed! lianbeng wonders why u say surprisingly many PRC donno abt this incident? many new generation jpenis also donno got such thing as WWII mah! :rolleyes: that's why the swine keep going to the shrine!

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do learn about the post civil White Terror in Taiwan.

we are talking about China. btw, the White Terror period of cruelty had been greatly exaggerated by the anti-Chiang, Kuomintang peoples and Taiwan Nationalists over the decades to make the suppression period seemed worse than it really was...

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the immediate aftermath of the Chinese Civil War, the KMT government saw itself as the legitimate government of all of China, though it was 'temporarily' based in Taiwan. Till today, Taiwan calls itself the 'Republic of China', even though it is largely nominal.

As for exactly how brutal the KMT was, I cannot offer a definitive historian's perspective because that is still a work in progress. Having spoken to many Taiwanese people though, it was pretty clear that it was a very repressive period. Apart from this, I won't challenge your own view of the matter.

In any case I didn't cite the White Terror period to justify the CCP's brutality on June 4 which I abhor; I did it to point out that there were other periods of bloodshed almost, if not just as bad.

we are talking about China. btw, the White Terror period of cruelty had been greatly exaggerated by the anti-Chiang, Kuomintang peoples and Taiwan Nationalists over the decades to make the suppression period seemed worse than it really was...