• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Joseph Schooling beat Michael Phelps in 100m butterfly

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well done Schooling ! You make Singapore proud ! Never has any Singaporean done it in Olympics by winning the gold medal! And you went one step further ! You smashed the Olympics record ! Truly amazing results! You made history! You put Singapore ; the little red dot on the world map !

Now, when is the government going to announce a holiday for celebrations ?

jw5

Loyal
Well done Schooling ! You make Singapore proud ! Never has any Singaporean done it in Olympics by winning the gold medal! And you went one step further ! You smashed the Olympics record ! Truly amazing results! You made history! You put Singapore ; the little red dot on the world map !

Now, when is the government going to announce a holiday for celebrations ?

If you can also win Olympics gold medal, everyday will be your holiday. :biggrin:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you can also win Olympics gold medal, everyday will be your holiday. :biggrin:

Heard the government did make an announcement for Singapore about a special day after Schooling won the Olympics gold. It is called Schooling 's Day.

In short, fat hope. Go back to school because it 's schooling day.

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard the government did make an announcement for Singapore about a special day after Schooling won the Olympics gold. It is called Schooling 's Day.

This is a lame joke or is that a joke by trying too hard?

jw5

Loyal

The special day is also known as "pap piggyback day". :biggrin:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The reality of Schooling 's win has not really sunk in to the PAP government.

This is a cause for celebrations! 50.39 secs is all that it takes to clinch the butterfly swim event's gold medal, but it has taken us a decade to get it. Not only that, it is the OR!

What is a day off for Singapore to celebrate and feel proud of our achievements! This is as glorious as our NDP; perhaps even more!

bodycells

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is a cause for celebrations! 50.39 secs is all that it takes to clinch the butterfly swim event's gold medal, but it has taken us a decade to get it. Not only that, it is the OR!

What is a day off for Singapore to celebrate and feel proud of our achievements! This is as glorious as our NDP; perhaps even more!

Papib, NDP is nothing to be glorious about.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Papib, NDP is nothing to be glorious about.

Read my lips

What it means is Schooling's Olympic win elipsed the NDP 's celebration and whatever last year's achievements. Now , LHL has to change his National Day Rally's speech to add in this epic achievement. And I am sure he will find some ways to piggyback on the achievement to score some political mileage points.

Last edited:

Bonut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read my lips

What it means is Schooling's Olympic win elipsed the NDP 's celebration and whatever last year's achievements. Now , LHL has to change his National Day's speech to add in this epic achievement.

Not until Schooling join SDP.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too late. He is already approached by PAP.

I called Joseph Isaac Schooling in Rio to congratulate him. I told him I had watched the race live, and seen his press conference. He had put on a magnificent performance, and spoken very well to the press. We were all very proud of him.
Joseph told me he’s getting onto a plane in a few hours, and will be back in Singapore at 5am on Monday morning. I said Parliament happens to be meeting on Monday, and we plan to move a motion to congratulate him on his gold, and to express support for Team Singapore in ‪#‎Rio2016‬. The motion will be a formal recognition of his achievements by Parliament. I hoped he would be there with his family and he said he would.
Look forward to seeing Joseph on Monday and personally congratulating him! - LHL

still hope? hahaha

https://www.facebook.com/leehsienloong/?fref=nf

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I called Joseph Isaac Schooling in Rio to congratulate him. I told him I had watched the race live, and seen his press conference. He had put on a magnificent performance, and spoken very well to the press. We were all very proud of him.
Joseph told me he’s getting onto a plane in a few hours, and will be back in Singapore at 5am on Monday morning. I said Parliament happens to be meeting on Monday, and we plan to move a motion to congratulate him on his gold, and to express support for Team Singapore in ‪#‎Rio2016‬. The motion will be a formal recognition of his achievements by Parliament. I hoped he would be there with his family and he said he would.
Look forward to seeing Joseph on Monday and personally congratulating him! - LHL

still hope? hahaha

https://www.facebook.com/leehsienloong/?fref=nf

:smile: He will honored with a blue riband.

jw5

Loyal
Now , LHL has to change his National Day Rally's speech to add in this epic achievement. And I am sure he will find some ways to piggyback on the achievement to score some political mileage points.

He already has piggybacked and he will continue to piggyback. :biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Diff is WR can be broken anytime, outside Olympics 4 years interval. OR only for Olympics competition

There is also a difference between the long course (50m) and short course (25m) world records.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's the short course WR, held by Chad le Clos. The long course WR is 49.82 held by Michael Phelps.

Compare apples with apples.
These world records were made while wearing special swimming trunks (now banned).
Schooling's record is with the textile swimming trunks....the last record before that was Ian Crocker's 50.4 secs which schooling eclipsed

jw5

Loyal
Compare apples with apples.
These world records were made while wearing special swimming trunks (now banned).
Schooling's record is with the textile swimming trunks....the last record before that was Ian Crocker's 50.4 secs which schooling eclipsed

Yes, but they don't keep a separate record differentiating the swimming trunks.