• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Johor Sultan Ibrahim Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar threatens secession

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
Do not make decisions at will, Sultan Ibrahim tells Putrajaya
www.thestar.com.my

1624876.jpg

ISKANDAR PUTERI: Sultan Ibrahim Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar (pic) wants the Federal Government to respect the Federation of Malaya Agreement signed in 1948 and 1957 and not violate it at will.
The Johor Ruler expressed disappointment with some of the federal government’s actions, where some of the decisions seemed to ignore the state.
ALSO READ: Johor Ruler appoints TMJ Regent, says wants to take a short break
His Majesty said all parties must remember the power of the states enshrined in the agreement.
“Do not make a decision at will, I am disappointed with the federal government’s decision to cancel the appeal of Pulau Batu Puteh claim in 2018.
“The prime minister at the time had made his own decision by ordering the Attorney-General to take a break when the Cabinet had not been formed. Johor was also not consulted at all as the decision involved the state’s land and sovereignty, so I want the government to take stern action against those who violate state power.
“If state powers have been violated then the agreement can be considered void by itself, and Johor is no longer part of the Federation,” added His Majesty.

Sultan Ibrahim said this when opening the Johor state assembly meeting at Bangunan Sultan Ismail here on Thursday (June 16).
His Majesty also expressed sadness that Federal authorities were not carrying out maintenance works on public infrastructures in this state.

“Federal-owned buildings such as Sultanah Aminah Hospital, Sultan Ismail Hospital, Sultan Iskandar Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) complex are not well maintained.

“The Urban Transformation Centre in Johor Baru is also in need of upgrades of its services and comfort levels,” he added.

Sultan Ibrahim urged the federal government to immediately fulfil its promises to upgrade the North-South Expressway to six lanes, Senai-Desaru Expressway to four lanes and federal roads such as the Johor Baru-Mersing route, which were riddled with potholes and posed a danger to road users.

“I feel that Johor is being treated like a stepchild even though we are among the top contributors to the national economy.

“If this trend continues, Johoreans may agitate towards secession from Malaysia. Perhaps Johor can be more developed if we stand on our own,” His Majesty said, adding that they contributed almost RM13bil annually to the federal revenue.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Agreed on this. They should keep the money in house instead of send it off to KL to get siphoned off by corrupt officials. They have their own airport, ship terminals, grow their own food, etc. They don't really need the rest of Malaysia for anything.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do not make decisions at will, Sultan Ibrahim tells Putrajaya
www.thestar.com.my

1624876.jpg

ISKANDAR PUTERI: Sultan Ibrahim Ibni Almarhum Sultan Iskandar (pic) wants the Federal Government to respect the Federation of Malaya Agreement signed in 1948 and 1957 and not violate it at will.
The Johor Ruler expressed disappointment with some of the federal government’s actions, where some of the decisions seemed to ignore the state.
ALSO READ: Johor Ruler appoints TMJ Regent, says wants to take a short break
His Majesty said all parties must remember the power of the states enshrined in the agreement.
“Do not make a decision at will, I am disappointed with the federal government’s decision to cancel the appeal of Pulau Batu Puteh claim in 2018.
“The prime minister at the time had made his own decision by ordering the Attorney-General to take a break when the Cabinet had not been formed. Johor was also not consulted at all as the decision involved the state’s land and sovereignty, so I want the government to take stern action against those who violate state power.
“If state powers have been violated then the agreement can be considered void by itself, and Johor is no longer part of the Federation,” added His Majesty.

Sultan Ibrahim said this when opening the Johor state assembly meeting at Bangunan Sultan Ismail here on Thursday (June 16).
His Majesty also expressed sadness that Federal authorities were not carrying out maintenance works on public infrastructures in this state.

“Federal-owned buildings such as Sultanah Aminah Hospital, Sultan Ismail Hospital, Sultan Iskandar Customs, Immigration and Quarantine (CIQ) complex are not well maintained.

“The Urban Transformation Centre in Johor Baru is also in need of upgrades of its services and comfort levels,” he added.

Sultan Ibrahim urged the federal government to immediately fulfil its promises to upgrade the North-South Expressway to six lanes, Senai-Desaru Expressway to four lanes and federal roads such as the Johor Baru-Mersing route, which were riddled with potholes and posed a danger to road users.

“I feel that Johor is being treated like a stepchild even though we are among the top contributors to the national economy.

“If this trend continues, Johoreans may agitate towards secession from Malaysia. Perhaps Johor can be more developed if we stand on our own,” His Majesty said, adding that they contributed almost RM13bil annually to the federal revenue.
This is old news.
It happened during Dr m second term when he cancelled appeal to St John's island claim.

Najib made this into a political issue hoping to win some votes.

Dr m made matter worse by saying why stop at St John's island? Why not claim entire riau province in indonesia which ruffled some feathers in jakarta.