• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jobless PMETs getting younger by the days......

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Gilbert,

I hope this email finds you well.

I’m a 33 turning 34 year old Singaporean PMET with a Bachelor of Communications.

I’ve been seeking employment since mid 2014 (when my contract ended), attended interviews but have not had a job offer so far even when I keep my options open to part-time, temporary and contract jobs.

Since then I have been taking on freelance assignments to tide me through but hope that my situation will improve and that someone will present me with a job offer as my savings are dwindling.

Do let me know if you (or anyone) wishes to have a look at my resume.

Thank you for the time in reading this.

Regards
Nur

Hi Gilbert,

I am a 36year old lady. Singaporean born and bred. I have unfortunately been out of job for close to 18 months.

I have close to 15 years of work experience in the finance industry in Asia and had worked for international organizations. I was shortlisted for interviews with some going all the way to the global heads. But just no offers.

It is frustrating and demoralising and definitely strained my family relationships. Self doubt seeped in till on 28 Jan.

On 28 Jan, MOM released 2015 job statistics – 31,800 new jobs were created but only 100 went to Singaporeans and PRs!

The new jobs created were apparently across PMETs and non-PMETs and across all sectors.

Hence this affects all Singaporeans and not just a specific group.

I now feel less demoralised because I now know that I had been unable to land a reasonable job not because my skills were not up to par but simply because of my nationality.

But I am also feeling lost because the success of my job search hinges on factors way beyond my control (Does the employer wants to hire Singaporeans or someone of his own nationality or someone who is cheaper?). The bad economic situation is not helping things.

I approached most of the government agencies and had been treated (unfortunately) with a disdain attitude. I do not want to go into details because this is not the purpose of my email.

I am attaching the statistics so that you can spread the news and not let others like me lose confidence and morale and dignity.

Hold onto your dignity.

PS: I think most Singaporeans are not bothered because they are gainfully and happily employed.

Regards
AJ

- See more at: http://www.transitioning.org/2016/0...nance-experience-jobless-for-18-months/#.dpuf

Are we going to see more of this as the downturn drags on.......?

beegs

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Gilbert,

I’m a 33 turning 34 year old Singaporean PMET with a Bachelor of Communications.

I’ve been seeking employment since mid 2014 (when my contract ended), attended interviews but have not had a job offer so far even when I keep my options open to part-time, temporary and contract jobs.

Since then I have been taking on freelance assignments to tide me through but hope that my situation will improve and that someone will present me with a job offer as my savings are dwindling.

Regards
Nur

Hi Gilbert,

I am a 36year old lady. Singaporean born and bred. I have unfortunately been out of job for close to 18 months.

I have close to 15 years of work experience in the finance industry in Asia and had worked for international organizations. I was shortlisted for interviews with some going all the way to the global heads. But just no offers.

It is frustrating and demoralising and definitely strained my family relationships. Self doubt seeped in till on 28 Jan.

On 28 Jan, MOM released 2015 job statistics – 31,800 new jobs were created but only 100 went to Singaporeans and PRs!

The new jobs created were apparently across PMETs and non-PMETs and across all sectors.

I now feel less demoralised because I now know that I had been unable to land a reasonable job not because my skills were not up to par but simply because of my nationality.

But I am also feeling lost because the success of my job search hinges on factors way beyond my control (Does the employer wants to hire Singaporeans or someone of his own nationality or someone who is cheaper?). The bad economic situation is not helping things.

I approached most of the government agencies and had been treated (unfortunately) with a disdain attitude. I do not want to go into details because this is not the purpose of my email.

I am attaching the statistics so that you can spread the news and not let others like me lose confidence and morale and dignity.

Hold onto your dignity.

PS: I think most Singaporeans are not bothered because they are gainfully and happily employed.

Regards
AJ

- See more at: http://www.transitioning.org/2016/0...nance-experience-jobless-for-18-months/#.dpuf

I manage to get a job about 6 months ago,but report to FT manager and FT senior staff.
no increament after comfirmation.The govt.should kick out all the FT staff working in Sg.
Company bosses will go for FT because they are pay lower and based on exchange rate ,they earn more then back home.
Singaporean now are 2nd class worker working in Singapore.Does the govt know our feeling??????<FT in order to get better increaments or preserve their job made working life difficult for SG staff.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The new PAP policy is that sinkees should downgrade and become hawkers or taxi drivers. The role of sinkees is to serve the foreigners.

Laughing-chimp-gif-animation.gif

yangtzejiang

Alfrescian
Loyal
I manage to get a job about 6 months ago,but report to FT manager and FT senior staff.
no increament after comfirmation.The govt.should kick out all the FT staff working in Sg.
Company bosses will go for FT because they are pay lower and based on exchange rate ,they earn more then back home.
Singaporean now are 2nd class worker working in Singapore.Does the govt know our feeling??????<FT in order to get better increaments or preserve their job made working life difficult for SG staff.

if you kick out the FTs, then your job probably would not exist in the first place. without more details, we can only guess.

im sure the gov knows ur feelings and to them, getting FTs in so that you can have a job, is better than you having no job at all. like the 2 letter writers.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM already said sinapo belongs to every one and if you are a sinaporan and no better than the foreigner academically and skill wise, then according to Mr Peanut ... ownself check ownself ... which is to say, you die your own business.

So, do you still want to vote for a Govt that cares more for a foreigner than a jobless local born sinaporan?

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you kick out the FTs, then your job probably would not exist in the first place. without more details, we can only guess.

im sure the gov knows ur feelings and to them, getting FTs in so that you can have a job, is better than you having no job at all. like the 2 letter writers.

If sinaporans had voted Donald Trump to head the Govt in sinkie land, he would kick out all foreigners and give their jobs to sinaporans. This is the difference between a leader who wanted foreigners out of USA and a leader who proclaimed his country as belonging as well to foreigners.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Gilbert,

Regards
Nur

Hi Gilbert,

Hold onto your dignity.

Regards
AJ

this is exactly what our most hated PeeM wanted!!

this

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
PM already said sinapo belongs to every one and if you are a sinaporan and no better than the foreigner academically and skill wise, then according to Mr Peanut ... ownself check ownself ... which is to say, you die your own business.

So, do you still want to vote for a Govt that cares more for a foreigner than a jobless local born sinaporan?

I did not vote for this traitorous govt but all new shitixzens did.................... next GE another 500000 votes from newer shitizens

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i say this again..

You voted for PAP for your own jobless situation and for your own demise... Enjoy it since you wanted that, why complain?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is a MYTH that the mass hirings of foreigners results in more jobs for sinkees. Use your brain lah.
When a pinoy engineer is hired by Seagate or a pinoy patient management executive is hired, they are taking jobs that would have gone to sinkees.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why so young but they never upgrade themselves? Reason why they jobless is because they lack skills for the new economy. FTs got skills, sinkie no skill. You can't blame the PAP for that.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why so young but they never upgrade themselves? Reason why they jobless is because they lack skills for the new economy. FTs got skills, sinkie no skill. You can't blame the PAP for that.

what skill do the FTs have that sinkie dun have.. Sinkies are educated in sinkieland.. do you tell me that the education in sinkieland is totally obsolete?

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what skill do the FTs have that sinkie dun have.. Sinkies are educated in sinkieland.. do you tell me that the education in sinkieland is totally obsolete?

Other than political porlumpars skills, sinkie is lack of porlumpars skill