• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jiuhiokia Tan Jun Wei very happy working and living in Singapore

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come to work to earn money already no need to be thankful means what? Come to Spore spend money as tourist or buy property lagi no need to be thankful lah. In fact they will ask you to thank them. Sinkies that buy house in jb or do business in Malaysia only por them and diss Singaporeans as not nice are so sia suay indeed. Learn from Malaysians lah come to earn money already 应该的!
Sia suay sinkies son of slut whore mistress like @congo9 that not just por them but join them to trample Singaporean by upping slut whore mistress threads around me are aplenty in living in jb forum and out there. Pui!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

I Am 26. I Quit My High-Paying Job In M’sia And Moved To Singapore. Here’s What I Think​

‘Though It’s Stressful, I Never Regretted It.’

YU ANG TAN
JUNE 17, 2023

I am 26. I quit my high-paying job in m'sia and moved to singapore. Here's what i think | weirdkaya'sia and moved to singapore. Here's what i think | weirdkaya

Exclusive Story by WeirdKaya – Reproduction requires proper credit and backlink to us. Kindly acknowledge the efforts of our editors in sourcing and conducting interviews.

At the age of 25, I took a significant leap in my career by relocating to Singapore. The transition was a blend of daunting challenges and rewarding experiences. Following my graduation in China, I, a Johorian, embarked on my professional journey in Kuala Lumpur where I worked for nearly two years.

Tan jun wei 05
Photo provided to WeirdKaya.

In general, I discerned that the work culture in Kuala Lumpur and Singapore is quite similar. However, the saving is more favorable and solid comparing Singapore to Malaysia due to the gradually increasing exchange rate.

Some may doubt us or even label us as unpatriotic. Nevertheless, my flame of passion towards my home country will never be burnt out no matter where I am, especially when I look at the diversity, inclusiveness and of course the food.

Tan jun wei 03

In my opinion, the best career opportunities could be found in Malaysia. In Malaysia, you don’t need extra effort to adapt the cultural shock and working environment without worrying your residency and any changes of the foreign labor law and regulations.
Talking about the most attractive push factor for expat to relocate to Singapore, my opinion might be different from others. If the pay is the only criteria, you might put yourself in the struggling situation and sacrifice your interest and existing expertise.
From my point of view, at the very beginning of the career, personal growth and connection are the most crucial.

If your singular motivation to relocate to Singapore is monetary, you might find the transition challenging. There’s a potential risk of ending up in a job role that neither piques your interest nor leverages your expertise.

The aspiration to work in Singapore is a common sentiment among Malaysians, primarily due to the favorable exchange rate and the higher standard of living.
I am 26. I quit my high-paying job in m'sia and moved to singapore. Here's what i think | weirdkaya'sia and moved to singapore. Here's what i think | weirdkaya
Photo: Pexels
According to the Malaysian Employer Federation (MEF), there are currently 900,000 Malaysians working full-time in Singapore.

- -

This aspiration has led many outstanding Malaysians to leave their homeland in pursuit of improved living styles and better career development.

From JB to KL, now to Singapore​

Tan Jun Wei, a 26-year-old Malaysian, is one such ambitious professional who embarked on an exciting career journey leading him from his hometown to Singapore.

Singapore apartment
Photo via Pexels

Jun Wei was born and bred in Kota Tinggi, a city known for its close proximity to Singapore.

His journey started after graduating from a University in Shanghai in 2020. Immediately after his graduation, he joined the Malaysian headquarters of a well-known Chinese mobile phone brand as a management trainee in Kuala Lumpur.

Tan jun wei 04

In 2021, Jun Wei’s career took a significant turn when he resigned and joined a multinational corporation (MNC) based in Malaysia, where he was responsible for managing social media, writing articles, coordinating with designers and managers, executing campaigns, and creating content for various channels.

“I was exposed to multiple facets of content marketing in my role at the MNC,” Jun Wei remarked. “This diverse experience contributed significantly to my growth as a professional.”
- Advertisements -

Moved to Singapore in 2022 but laid off after six months​

In August 2022, driven by the allure of international work culture and wanting to broaden horizons, Jun Wei relocated to Singapore.
He began his journey in Singapore by working at a tech startup but was laid off after only six months on the job.
Tan jun wei 02
Despite the setback, Jun Wei said he saw it as an opportunity for personal and professional growth.

Different work permits in Singapore​

He also mentioned that Singaporean companies often have restrictions on hiring foreigners, requiring a certain percentage of Singaporeans to be employed in the company.
However, he highlighted that Malaysians are generally favored by some Singaporean companies due to shared culture, language, and a reputation for being hardworking.
Singapore building
Photo via Pexels
When asked about the expenses involved in the entire transition, he mentioned that one should budget around SGD4,000 (~RM13,767) for rental deposits, basic necessities, and miscellaneous expenses that may arise during the transition phase.
He also pointed out that there are different work passes available for foreigners working in Singapore. The Employment Pass and S-Pass are two separate work passes designed for professionals with high-level qualifications and technicians with mid-level skills, respectively.
On the other hand, Work Permits are for unskilled workers in labor-intensive industries with lower-level skill sets.

Has more time with family​

Currently, he is working as a marketing executive at an automative company in Singapore, contributing his expertise and making strides in his professional life.
Tan jun wei 01
Photo provided to Weirdkaya

When asked about his career transition, Jun Wei noted that the transition from Malaysia to Singapore was challenging, but he doesn’t regret his decision.

“I enjoy my career in Singapore, but I believe the best job opportunities might still be in Malaysia, especially for career start and those who have family to take care of due to fewer work permit restrictions and a wider range of job options.”
In the midst of a dynamic and fast-moving talent market, Jun Wei shows his resilience and courage when he steps out of his comfort zone and deals with obstacles. His experience serves as a beacon of inspiration to those at the junction and a reference to those that are on a similar path. He is telling everyone that “the world is your oyster”.

https://weirdkaya.com/i-am-26-i-qui...ia-and-moved-to-singapore-heres-what-i-think/

Majulah PAP!

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Where in the world can you find a country where all foreigners are talents and locals are...............

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some may doubt us or even label us as unpatriotic. Nevertheless, my flame of passion towards my home country will never be burnt out no matter where I am, especially when I look at the diversity, inclusiveness and of course the food.
Have to say Malaysians in general are very good at talking cock.

Say until they are so patriotic, but chose to work in another country because of money. And the reasons he quoted for his supposed patriotism is laughable. Malaysia is inclusive? Then pls check the qualifying criteria to enter the top universities in the country. Is it based on grades or race? :biggrin:

Here's the answer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Educa...race-based quota is,% for the non-Bumiputeras.

Post-secondary education (pre-university)​

See also: List of post-secondary institutions in Malaysia
After the SPM, students from public secondary school would have a choice of either studying Form 6 or the matriculation (pre-university). If they are accepted to continue studying in Form 6, they will also take the Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (which is usually abbreviated as STPM) or Malaysian Higher School Certificate examination (its British equivalent is the General Certificate of Education A Level examination or internationally, the Higher School Certificate). STPM is regulated by the Malaysian Examinations Council. Although it is generally taken by those desiring to attend public universities in Malaysia, it is internationally recognised and may also be used, though rarely required, to enter private local universities for undergraduate courses.

Additionally all students may apply for admission to matriculation. This matriculation is a one or two-year programme[29] run by the Ministry of Education. Previously, it was a one-year programme, but beginning 2006, 30% of all matriculation students were offered two-year programmes.

Not all applicants for matriculation are admitted and the selection criteria are not publicly declared, which has led to speculation that any criteria existing may not be adhered to. A race-based quota is applied on the admission process, with 90% of the places being reserved for the Bumiputeras, and the other 10% for the non-Bumiputeras.

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must 感恩戴德 por them ie super thankful to be able to spend money in jb. If not jb people like my Malaysian Cantonese neighbours from hell tell you to 滚回你的hdb去 and another one said 别来消费。All are factual cases that I met and said here before. But see this jb man come to Spore to work did he 感恩戴德 super thankful? Of course not, it is like 应该的ie a given.
U have to understand, he is a talennt lai de