• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jessie Lau Piak Hwee is angry with PAP. John Tan! How?!?

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
@JohnTan

www.straitstimes.com

Forum: Family was not told father's condition had turned critical before he died of Covid-19​

My father was admitted to Ng Teng Fong General Hospital on Feb 23, as he had Covid-19 and was 94 years old with some underlying health conditions.

My brother accompanied him to the accident and emergency department but was told to wait at home, as admission might take some time due to a bed shortage.
The next day, my father was warded and we were informed that he needed to be put on oxygen.

On Feb 25, I called the hospital and a nurse told me that his condition seemed to have improved. That evening, a doctor called my brother and also said that my father's condition was improving.

On Feb 26, at around 1pm, I received a call from the doctor, who said that my father died half an hour ago.

I was told that he had much difficulty breathing that morning and was given treatment.

Why were the family members not informed that his condition had turned critical?
What topics and commentaries would you like to read more of?

As he died from Covid-19, my father was sent home to us in a sealed bag in a sealed coffin. He died alone and we did not get to see him one last time.

I e-mailed Ng Teng Fong Hospital on March 4 to find out more, and received a reply that evening that it would investigate the matter. Since then, silence.

Jessie Lau Piak Hwee

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pattern is very common in hospitals these days. intubated for over 6.9 days, then get “better” for 6.9 hours, and finally kaput after 6.9 minutes of being transferred to less intensive observation room.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Should ask them whi did they support,uf the white clowns Don kpkb,since they should know white clowns n their favourite foreigners n PRs all CMI