• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB/SG Crimewatch

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Thieves make off with handbag when wedding guest goes to washroom

JB one of the most dangerous city in the WORLD....

image.jpg

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Thieves make off with handbag when wedding guest goes to washroom

Lorry driver found Baby Freddie alone and tired
The Star/Asia News Network
Saturday, Nov 09, 2013

KUALA LUMPUR: It was lorry driver Hamid Md Isa who first found Baby Freddie at a park, some 20km away from Bangsar where the boy was kidnapped 19 hours before on Friday.

The boy was walking alone in Taman Tasik Titiwangsa, said Hamid, 57, who was passing the area at about 12.20pm Saturday.

Hamid, who retired from the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission, said he led the boy to the edge of a field for a rest. The boy was clad in a green shirt and white pants. Taxi driver Haris Mohd Nor, 48, who was also in the vicinity bought some crackers and a packet drink for the boy.

"I just read a newspaper report that a boy was abducted. I could not believe that he is that boy.

"When I approached him, he kept quiet but was not that scared. He looked very exhausted," Haris told Bernama when met at the scene.

The police arrived shortly at the scene and took Freddie to the Jalan Tun Razak police station.

In the 6.10pm incident Friday, the boy was abducted by a man and a woman who arrived at the boy's house in a white Toyota Camry and grabbed him from his mother, British language teacher Sarah Joseph.

Joseph, 38, was feeding Freddie at the porch when the man burst into the house and snatched him away.

Bernama deputy editor-in-chief of Domestic News Service, Datuk Zakaria Abdul Wahab, who happened to be at Taman Tasik Titiwangsa said he informed the General News Desk of the finding.

He said he was on the way home after exercising in the park when he saw a group of people surrounding a boy.

"I sensed that the boy was the one abducted yesterday as he did not look local. I phoned and send his photograph to a Bernama reporter to verify if he was that boy."

The Bernama reporter then sent the photograph to a friend of the boy's mother who confirmed that it was him.

The police was informed and they arrived at the park and took Freddie to the Jalan Tun Razak police station.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/malaysia/lorry-driver-found-baby-freddie-alone-and-tired

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Community Alerts app

Download the app (IOS, Android & Blackberry) and try out the DEMO mode. To use the real thing, you need to register your details and "Update" in the "Live Mode". Can also be used to assist others if you witnessed a robbery, theft, etc. in the "3rd Party Assistance" mode. Cool.

Attachments

• Community Alerts.jpg
    Community Alerts.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 339

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Community Alerts app

Is it really sustainable? Johor is very large leh. Imagine criminals buy store value cards or stolen hp to make nuisance calls to keep e police busy.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wonder what happened to the Pasir Gudang motor cycle rampage that happened a month or so ago? No outcome from police?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just a off topic...to share my experience of a break in in Shah Alam factory as week.

I just had my factory office broken into during Deepavali hols around 4.30am. Very professional, alarm is disarmed but they could not switch off CCTV as the DVR was in the ceiling. I had 2 stainless steel gates and 2 hardened glass doors but still not good enough. CCTV showed they came with a 3ft crow bar and another 4 ft crow bar. The guard was asleep or pretending to be asleep (who would want to fight with 2 huge Indian guys and probably another in a waiting car? Talked to the police and since no finger prints (all wearing gloves), nothing much can be done. Anyway, it is just some petty cash of less then RM600 and structural damages claimable by insurance. The gates did its job as it took about 30 minutes to break in and as a result, the thieves had less than 15 minutes to ransack the office.
Lesson learnt: Those toughened glass door (like those in the bank type) can be easily jacked up by using a crow bar. The stainless steel gates which uses normal mortise lock need padlocks on the inside so that it is difficult to cut from the outside. A long thick flat metal should be welded over the locking area as the locking mechanism can be easily broken with crow bar. If you use a chain, buy one that is at least 8mm thick and not those normal 6mm which can be cut by hand held 2 ft rod cutter. Lastly use a stand alone alarm with a internal and external strobe light installed in a high area and loud pitching siren for every floor.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just a off topic...to share my experience of a break in in Shah Alam factory as week.

I just had my factory office broken into during Deepavali hols around 4.30am. Very professional, alarm is disarmed but they could not switch off CCTV as the DVR was in the ceiling. I had 2 stainless steel gates and 2 hardened glass doors but still not good enough. CCTV showed they came with a 3ft crow bar and another 4 ft crow bar. The guard was asleep or pretending to be asleep (who would want to fight with 2 huge Indian guys and probably another in a waiting car? Talked to the police and since no finger prints (all wearing gloves), nothing much can be done. Anyway, it is just some petty cash of less then RM600 and structural damages claimable by insurance. The gates did its job as it took about 30 minutes to break in and as a result, the thieves had less than 15 minutes to ransack the office.
Lesson learnt: Those toughened glass door (like those in the bank type) can be easily jacked up by using a crow bar. The stainless steel gates which uses normal mortise lock need padlocks on the inside so that it is difficult to cut from the outside. A long thick flat metal should be welded over the locking area as the locking mechanism can be easily broken with crow bar. If you use a chain, buy one that is at least 8mm thick and not those normal 6mm which can be cut by hand held 2 ft rod cutter. Lastly use a stand alone alarm with a internal and external strobe light installed in a high area and loud pitching siren for every floor.

Deepavali is huat time for Indians.

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal

Download the app (IOS, Android & Blackberry) and try out the DEMO mode. To use the real thing, you need to register your details and "Update" in the "Live Mode". Can also be used to assist others if you witnessed a robbery, theft, etc. in the "3rd Party Assistance" mode. Cool.

Just a heads up: do keep your nominated person informed when you register. I didn't know that when you register, a DEMO message was sent to the nominated person. I did not inform my nominee and she got jitters when she received an email that I was a victim of a robbery in Msia!

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Lagi, took 2 bottles of my liquor. Big time celebrations.
CELAKA!!!

A close relative of mine had his car broken into recently at night, the thieves took very funny things. An Iphone charger (that was plugged into the cigg lighter), 2 small bottles of Black Label & Glenfiddich (lying on the floor), RM10 which was lying in the center storage area.

My relative drives a luxury MPV, so the windows ain't cheap. The really funny thing is that he has a very high end stereo (untouched) & a big bottle of Grey Goose (under one of the seats, unseen) and his brother's wallet in the side door pocket, all not taken!

Lucky or unlucky?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Riot in Singapore's Little India
By Chitra Kumar
POSTED: 08 Dec 2013 23:33
UPDATED: 09 Dec 2013 02:26

Police say the riot in Little India which broke out on Sunday night took place after a fatal accident between a bus and a person at the junction of Race Course Road and Hampshire Road.

SINGAPORE: Police say the riot in Little India which broke out on Sunday night took place after a fatal accident between a bus and a person at the junction of Race Course Road and Hampshire Road.

The accident took place at 9.23pm on Sunday.

In a statement, police said a riot broke out shortly after the accident, involving a crowd of about 400 people.

Five police vehicles and one ambulance were damaged as a result.

Several other private vehicles were also damaged.

Ten officers were also injured in the riot.

Police say the Special Operations Command and Gurkha Contingent were called to the scene.

Police added that the situation is under control.

Residents in Little India are advised to remain indoors while police operations are ongoing.

The public is advised to stay away from the affected area.

Members of the public are also advised to stay calm and not to speculate on this incident.

In a statement, Deputy Prime Minister and Home Affairs Minister, Teo Chee Hean said: "This is a serious incident which has resulted in injuries and damage to public property. The situation is now under control. Police will spare no efforts to apprehend the subjects involved in the riot."

Police say further updates will be given when available.

Members of the public with any information of the riot are advised to call the police at 1800-2550000.

- CNA/ir/fa

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/riot-in-singapore-s/914834.html

graveyard

Alfrescian
Loyal

i hope those involved in the riot will be harshly punished to serve as a stern warning to those who are creating trouble in SG.