• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB/SG Crimewatch

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: JB Crimewatch

Just heard one incident happened a few days ago in jalan bakti 33 (if I get the address right), mutiara rini about an attempt breakin. Two indians arriving from a Estima (with a chinese driver) tried to break into a house, they were at the doorstep when the owner returned just in time and ended up with heated argument. Best part is Estima stop right in front of the house and they left after the quarreled, as if nothing happened.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

[video=youtube;eHTdR11q1Kw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHTdR11q1Kw[/video]

Nowadays i noticed security guards at JB are FTS too. Fm the video clip, wat can the guard do against two robbers. Hes unarmed. I tink security post should have dogs. Act as a deterrent.

summervale

Alfrescian
Loyal

This one just happened last night ~ 10pm (should be the apartment behind) Jusco Tebrau.

A Singaporean Chinese Koh Teck Huat(age 20+)lived in Woodlands was shot (4 times, I think in another forum mentioned he was shot once or twice on his head) and died on the spot.

This happened in Taman Desa Tebrau, Harmonum street 24, Block E apartment along the basement corridor.
The human traffic is low due to basement shops not rented out. According to the guard, a guy ~30 years old was spotted wandering and a car was driving around that area too. The guard walk off but not long, she heard 4 gun shots and when she went to investigate, she found this guy dead.

Hope this help.
-----------

新加坡男子新山遭枪杀 疑是寻仇 四弹断魂

(新山讯)一名新加坡华族男子昨晚在柔佛州新山疑遭人寻仇,头部中枪,命丧公寓楼下走廊。

据了解,命案现场一个月前也曾发生凶徒蓄意纵火案,造成五辆汽车烧毁,当地居民揣测两起案件或有关连。

《中国报》报道,死者是Koh Teck Huat(20多岁),家住兀兰。命案于昨晚10时左右发生,地点在新山宏艺花园哈摩尼24路(靠近地不佬城市购物中心)E座公寓楼下走廊。

由于该处是未出租的新商店单位,因此往来的人很少,但公寓保安人员说,事发前,看见该名年约30岁的男子独自在公寓楼下徘徊,同时也有一辆黑色休旅车,在公寓周围缓慢行驶。

保安人员虽觉得两者皆可疑,却没多加理会,继续巡逻,不久便听见传来四声枪响。当她前往查看,发现男子已中枪毙命。

据了解,有关公寓单位楼下是开放式停车场,非公寓户也可随意进出停车,但公寓住户需凭电磁卡才可进入公寓楼层住宅单位。

警方接获报案后,立即赶抵现场封锁调查搜证,新山南警区主任再努丁也抵达现场,但拒绝对此案发表谈话。

Nowadays i noticed security guards at JB are FTS too. Fm the video clip, wat can the guard do against two robbers. Hes unarmed. I tink security post should have dogs. Act as a deterrent.

Last edited:

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This one just happened last night ~ 10pm (should be the apartment behind) Jusco Tebrau.

A Singaporean was shot (4 times) and died on the spot.

-----------

新加坡男子新山遭枪杀 疑是寻仇 四弹断魂

Dude, Channel 8/U....catch no ball leh.

Paiseh...Channel5/CNA....ker Ee Mah?:(:smile:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think I heard e news broadcast while was driving in e evening. Didn't expect deceased so young. Abt drug cases.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal

Doesn't seem like a random occurrence. More than meets the eye.

Still, that is why I advocate not staying out too late and avoid dark, deserted places and be in a group rather than alone if possible.

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal

You can always use Google Translate to get 80% of the meaning. Can't expect forumers to translate the whole article yea?

In essence the title states : Singapore male shot dead with 4 rounds in JB, suspected revenge case

Dude, Channel 8/U....catch no ball leh.

Paiseh...Channel5/CNA....ker Ee Mah?:(:smile:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

English version from another thread :

A Singaporean man died on the spot after being shot four times at close range at a condominium in Johor Baru.

The incident happened at around 10pm on 25 June at the outdoor carpark of block E, Taman Desa Tebrau. The condo is located along Jalan Harmonium near Johor’s Aeon Tebrau City.

The man, Koh Teck Huat, 40, owned an apartment there and was walking towards his car when he was attacked by the gunman. He was shot four times, one of which reportedly went through his eye according to a Shin Min Daily News report.

The police said that the assailants fled in a Singapore-registered vehicle.

After the shooting, a post appeared on the condominium’s Facebook page alleging that Koh was involved in the drug trade and may have been killed over money earned from drugs.

According to a report in The Star, Mr Koh was found with a bag containing various types of drugs, pills and other packed substances were also found in his apartment.

A few shop owners around the area claimed they knew something about the shooting but refused to comment further.

Koh was wearing a red T-shirt with grey pants and was carrying a black bag before he was shot. A security guard at the condominium said he heard four gunshots and by the time he went to take a look, Mr Koh was already lying dead on the ground not far from his car.

The guard said Koh was seen loitering around the area as if he was waiting for someone. A mysterious black MPV was also driving slowly around the premises. The police are now investigating whether the vehicle could have belonged to the gunman.

Koh reportedly owned another apartment in Woodlands, Singapore and drove a Mercedes-Benz in Malaysia.

Neighbours claimed that he spent S$250,000 to buy a unit at the condominium and was living there with his Malaysian girlfriend. The condominium is considered high-end in Johor, with the cheapest unit selling for RM500,000 (S$200,203). It is unknown whether the apartment was registered under Koh’s or his girlfriend’s name.

The police said that Koh recently bought a car for around RM$150,000-170,000 under the name of a Malaysian woman. It is unclear how this woman was related to him.

A few friends of the deceased were present at the condominium, and one of them said he would contact Koh’s family. However, no one picked up the call.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

A chilling tale of a kidnapped attempt in JB was just broadcasted on CNA at 9pm today.

The kidnappers hijacked the car at a petrol station just before the Causeway and made away with the car with the victim's children in it.

The lady Malay driver was interviewed.

Please beware. Do not leave your children in the car when topping up!

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1211020/1/.html

Last edited:

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

i wonder the crime place was it at the few kiosks all side by side before reaching danga city ?

Yup! That's the stretch of 4 gas stations.

But they broke some cardinal rules.

1. Left children with maid in car.
2. Event was past midnight and early morning.
3. Did not stop in gas station but by the road side.

Thank God all turned out well.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal

oh , sometimes i do pump there when i am driving back from BI but the route turning to the gas stations turn me off ....i guess stick to my pelangi gas station ba ....

iamapseudoneem

Alfrescian
Loyal

From the article I thought she stopped at the petrol station? When did she stop by the road side? Or is there a more detailed article?
I'm not sure dragging a bunch of kids (who may be half-asleep or cranky) out of the car would be feasible just to top up/buy fruits.
Sometimes it's inevitable that one needs to top up late evening/early morning as that's the time he/she ends up near the causeway/2nd link.
I guess if I really had to I would try to locate a well-lit reasonably-populated station, quickly top up and minimize leaving the car out of my sight.

Funds Transfer

Alfrescian
Loyal

From the article I thought she stopped at the petrol station? When did she stop by the road side? Or is there a more detailed article?
I'm not sure dragging a bunch of kids (who may be half-asleep or cranky) out of the car would be feasible just to top up/buy fruits.
Sometimes it's inevitable that one needs to top up late evening/early morning as that's the time he/she ends up near the causeway/2nd link.
I guess if I really had to I would try to locate a well-lit reasonably-populated station, quickly top up and minimize leaving the car out of my sight.

Yes, there is a more detailed article in The Straits Times today on Pg 2 to 3.

I agree that getting the kids out may be challenging but best to defer buying fruits at that hour (nearly 1am) and then parking some distance away in a dimly lit area. The lady admitted that it was not the best area to park.

One of the kidnappers actually warned the children not to return to that stretch of road as it is unsafe. Hmm...better to top up at Pelangi in future?

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

My acquaintance is the eldest sister whose hse they just came back fr in Kempas. The driver is a known personality am0ng the malay community.

Interestg to note that There were no man with them. All women plus kids driving wee hrs n stop by to buy fruits. I am a man and wouldnt think of doing what she did. Luckily for them only lost of properties. Relieved and glad for them..