• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Jackie Chan Says Hong Kong Protests Too Much, Needs Limits

Bollocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jackie Chan Says Hong Kong Protests Too Much, Needs Limits

by Peter Barefoot on Friday, December 14, 2012

jackie-chan-hong-kong-needs-restriction-netizen-reactions-02-600x394.jpg

From Sina Weibo:

@南方都市报: Jackie Chan: Hong Kong Criticizes and Demonstrates About Everything, Should Be Restricted: During an exclusive interview with Southern People Weekly, Jackie Chan said that Hong Kong had become a city of parades [demonstrations]. “Protesting China, protesting the leaders, protesting everything, demonstrating about everything. There should be regulations on what can be demonstrated against and what can’t be demonstrated against.” “We have returned to China now, how can we still be criticizing Chinese leaders all the time? Whoever amongst you has what it takes can come govern, but you guys don’t have it in you, and all you do is criticize.”

jackie-chan-hong-kong-needs-restriction-netizen-reactions-03.jpg

[Translation of above captions:

Top: 2009 December 1, photographed in Beijing Gehua Mansion, picture fromSouthern People Weekly, taken by Jiang Xiaoming.
Bottom: 1992 January 15, Jackie Chan (first row, third one from the left) and other people in Hong Kong show biz organized an international anti-gang violence parade, in hopes that Hong Kong British authorities would take this problem seriously.]

Dinosaur

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a Chinese saying: 吃里扒外

吃里: He made his millions of dollars in the Hongkong movie industry, which thrives on freedom of expression and more lenient censorship laws (compared to mainland China's)

扒外: He sides with authorities in mainland China, advocating more curbs on freedom of expression in Hongkong.

Self-respecting Hongkies should boycott his films and his businesses.

Bollocks

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jackie Chan clarifies remarks on HK becoming "city of protest"

By Alvina Soh | Posted: 18 December 2012 2038 hrs

display_image.php

SINGAPORE: Hong Kong action film star Jackie Chan said his recent comments about Hong Kong becoming a "city of protest" could have been better phrased.

He was speaking to the media during a promotional tour of his latest movie "CZ12" at Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) on Tuesday.

Chan had recently said that protests in Hong Kong should be restricted.

This caused an uproar and he came under fire for his comment.

But Chan told Channel NewsAsia he might have been misunderstood and said he meant well.

Chan said: "I always come from a positive point of view but some people blow the issue up. I won't bother explaining to them because it might get worse.

"My intention was good, perhaps my manner of delivery was wrong."

Chan was in town, with two co-stars, to promote his latest action blockbuster.

He also presented gifts and movie tickets to 20 children under the care of the Chinese Development Assistance Council.

Chan said: "I'm very happy that I am able to be here to see these children and to help them."

Other than the meet-the-fans session at Plaza Singapura, the cast will also attend a gala premiere at Resorts World Sentosa Festive Grand Theatre on Tuesday night.

- CNA/lp