• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is Wikileaks revealing the truth or pushing for WW III

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore should not try to make or even hold 1. Just 1 single mistake, we are all gone. Probably left only pasir ris or woodlands at the edges:(

If we can't keep a limping terrorist safe, better don't try nuclear. Our MRTdepots also kana sabotaged. Let's keep status quo.

If we go nuclear, it would trigger the arms race in this region. For what? Better keep the money and feed the less fortunate.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YDBCCPpUEEs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YDBCCPpUEEs?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

hmm...

i tend to subscribe to the idea that the capitalists are trying to stem the spread of communism with the A-bomb during WWII and other subsequent wars, namely the Korean and Vietnam wars. towards the end of WWII, so it seems that the Russians army is pretty much capable of spreading communism to large parts of Europe and much of Asia.

the A-bomb, in my humble opinion, was a very convenient tool at that time to stop the Russians from entering Japanese soils, considering the fact that the Russians were very much capable of pushing the Germans out from their motherland and fighting all the way to Berlin.

as much as the States and former USSR are termed as Allied forces for name sake, both nations have vested interests as they march into the European theatre and the Pacific theatre. so my question is: is the cold war really over? :confused::confused::confused:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hmm...

i tend to subscribe to the idea that the capitalists are trying to stem the spread of communism with the A-bomb during WWII and other subsequent wars, namely the Korean and Vietnam wars. towards the end of WWII, so it seems that the Russians army is pretty much capable of spreading communism to large parts of Europe and much of Asia.

the A-bomb, in my humble opinion, was a very convenient tool at that time to stop the Russians from entering Japanese soils, considering the fact that the Russians were very much capable of pushing the Germans out from their motherland and fighting all the way to Berlin.

There were no Truman and Stalin race to occupy Japan.

Stalin did suggest a joint Soviet-US occupation of post war Japan during Yalta but Roosevelt didn't agree. Stalin never persisted. [ Bohlen Minutes ]
Stalin's American proxies already had Truman agree to the terms reached by Roosevelt at Yalta.

Stalin of course couldn't let off Japan so easily, the bulwark against Soviet expansion in the Far East. The Pro Communists elements in American State Department would design a Communist harsh post war policy for Japan that would reduce it to a weak state. The plan never succeeded. General MacArthur vigorously opposed the plan for a communization of Japan and he won.

I'm not sure if Truman dropped the bombs purely as a show of military strength to the Russians. From what I read, Truman really think that a land invasion of Japan proper was the only way to end the War. The bombs were a quick alternative method and can save many US soldiers' lives. George Marshall insistence that a land invasion of Japan was absolutely necessary greatly influenced Truman's decision.

Last edited:

iFARKurMADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
A PILOT'S STORY

Corroboration of these statements is found in the remarkable record of Ellsworth Torrey Carrington, "Reflections of a Hiroshima Pilot", (p.9) "As part of the Hiroshima atomic battle plan my B-29 (named Jabbitt III, Captain John Abbott Wilson's third war plane) flew the weather observation mission over the secondary target of Kokura on August 6, 1945." AFTER THE FIRST BOMB WAS DROPPED , THE ATOM BOMB COMMAND WAS VERY FEARFUL THAT JAPAN MIGHT SURRENDER BEFORE WE DROP THE SECOND BOMB , SO OUR PEOPLE WORKED AROUND THE CLOCK ,24-HOURS A DAY TO AVOID SUCH A MISFORTUNE " . This is, of course, satire on Carrington's part. (p. 13) "in city after city all over the face of Japan (except for our cities spared because reserved for atomic holocaust) they ignited the most terrible firestorms in history with very light losses (of B-29s). Sometimes the heat from these firestorms was so intense that later waves of B-29s were caught by updrafts strong enough to loft them upwards from 4 or 5,000 feet all the way up to 8 or 10,000 feet. The major told us that the fire-bombing of Japan had proven successful far beyond anything they had imagined possible and that the 20th Air Force was running out of cities to burn. Already there were no longer (as of the first week in June 1945) any target cities left that were worth the attention of more than 50 B-29s, and on a big day, we could send up as many as 450 planes!" "The totality of the devastation in Japan was extraordinary, and this was matched by the near-totality of Japan's defencelessness." (as of June 1, 1945, before the atomic bombs were dropped.) (p. 14) " THE TRUMAN GOVERMENT CENSORED AND CONTROLLED ALL THE WAR INFORMATION THAT WAS ALLOWED TO REACH THE PUBLIC , AND OF COURSE , TRUMAN HAD VESTED INTEREST IN OBSCURING TRUTH SO AS TO SURREPTITIOUSLY PROLONG THE WAR AND BE POLITICALLY ABLE TO USE THE ATOM BOMB .. Regarding the second element of the Roosevelt-Truman atomic Cold War strategy of deceiving the public into believing that Japan was still militarily viable in the spring and summer of 1945, the centerpiece was the terribly expensive and criminally unnecessary campaign against Okinawa.

Drifter,

my vote goes to you.

why leave japan? i was thinking of migrating to japan actually, maybe not tokyo due to its price tag.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Drifter,

my vote goes to you.

why leave japan? i was thinking of migrating to japan actually, maybe not tokyo due to its price tag.

tokyo is the prime target of a north korean nuclear first strike. avoid if you can. in my dreams i see an apocalyptic landscape of edo. edo will require a redo after that fateful disaster.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I was talking about operations with specific intentions to kill civilians eg Operation Sook Ching Vs Tokyo Fire Bombing

anyway, killing up to 100k in 2 days is just as "productive" as in the rate of killing 55 millions over 3 years :eek: :biggrin:

the use of incendiary bombs on tokyo should be scary enough to force japan to submit, but no.... the u.s. had to resort to a more destructively efficient weapon.... where one plane and one bomb could produce a more devastating effect than several squadrons and multiple waves of super fortresses carrying megatons of incendiary bombs. the u.s. simply hated the japs down to the bone. they wanted revenge and they couldn't wait to teach damn mudderfugging dastards of pearl harbor a giant shit-take-this mushroom lesson they would never ever forget.

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal
Drifter,

my vote goes to you.

He's just a peasant with no education and no $$$

No matter where he goes, he will be a peasant
Especially in Japan, where they don't hire Gaijin and uneducated people, he falls into a difficult situation with no jobs.

He says he's doing freelance art LOL

Cheebye loser

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Drifter,

my vote goes to you.

japan is not as expensive as what many people thought it is .

the reason why i wanted to leave japan is

1 ) sick and tired of city life ..

2 ) i have already reach my goal and have saved enough money ( im on semi- retired mode now ) to move out of japan to have a slower lifestyle in another country .

3) my business is not as good as last time , so i sold it and make a decent profit out of it . and because of that , i could afford to "shake leg " for the rest of my life even if i dont work .

ps: if you want to stay in japan ,just dont work for japanese company . start your own company ...the sky is the limit . business in japan , either you win it big or you lose it big ...:wink: