• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Is mrt in transport or card business?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I just bought my very first ez-link card in my life in City Hall Station. Fucking MRT told me $12 and $5 for card that lasts 5 year i quickly paid and got receipt. Then i suddenly asked counter $5 got refund or not what happens when i leave Singapore because i am only visitor here she said its ok next time come back also can use. I say but I no come back she say then don't buy la just buy single journey. But I found it so inconvenient as refund $1 still got to queue she told me convenient then got to pay. Knn. Then I asked her what happens after 5 years she told me I need to pay for new card again. I say why? She said she don't know why its the rule but she assured me that don't worry before that time MRT will likely change new types of cards then I asked must pay for new card or not she say new card sure must pay one la better service what. I walked off thinking about what she said then suddenly I realized I like kenna snooked big time already and I become like everyone around me, lanlan boh pian.

Sometimes I don't blame some forumers here fucking sinkies not doing anything kenna bully diamdiam.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
how long is the queue to refund that 1 dollar?

Hello Jah. The line today in this station is about 7-8 people for most machines. Some time people don't know do what take long time. Also if I with friends they have to wait for me. Anyway the counter lady not wrong, you want convenient you got to pay. It's a lanlan situation la Jah. At least ingot something free in station they give out Today newspapers free.

Is there is a single day unlimited travel for tourist/visitors?

I no idea la bro.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just bought my very first ez-link card in my life in City Hall Station. Fucking MRT told me $12 and $5 for card that lasts 5 year i quickly paid and got receipt. Then i suddenly asked counter $5 got refund or not what happens when i leave Singapore because i am only visitor here she said its ok next time come back also can use. I say but I no come back she say then don't buy la just buy single journey. But I found it so inconvenient as refund $1 still got to queue she told me convenient then got to pay. Knn. Then I asked her what happens after 5 years she told me I need to pay for new card again. I say why? She said she don't know why its the rule but she assured me that don't worry before that time MRT will likely change new types of cards then I asked must pay for new card or not she say new card sure must pay one la better service what. I walked off thinking about what she said then suddenly I realized I like kenna snooked big time already and I become like everyone around me, lanlan boh pian.

Sometimes I don't blame some forumers here fucking sinkies not doing anything kenna bully diamdiam.

Why did you buy a stored value card? Just buy single-trip single-fare cards like all other tourists do.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Why did you buy a stored value card? Just buy single-trip single-fare cards like all other tourists do.

Good afternoon Ramsey. I bought because I kay-kiang and want convenience la. But then I cannot accept paying for a card that has a date limit.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good afternoon Ramsey. I bought because I kay-kiang and want convenience la. But then I cannot accept paying for a card that has a date limit.

All cards to do with monetary values have expiry limits, including credit cards.

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah serious ah. 'buay song' give MRT earn the 5 dollars? Last trip, I bought 2 cards, only use a few times. Take it as a 5 dollar souvenir lor.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Wah serious ah. 'buay song' give MRT earn the 5 dollars? Last trip, I bought 2 cards, only use a few times. Take it as a 5 dollar souvenir lor.

It's not about the money la its the principle la. Some more I ask lady what happen my card after one year don't work she assured me they have record in system and will transfer into new card. I ask replacement card? She said yes but must pay $5 new card. I quite toolan already so I asked but if I not make card spoil it spoil by itself she answered "Sir this station very busy you are holding the queue" I paisay and bugger off lanlan face.

Last edited:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
all i can say bro joe is.....Welcome to Sinkiepoor where if you are not careful you will be poor. :p

It's not about the money la its the principle la. Some more I ask lady what happen my card after one year don't work she assured me they have record in system and will transfer into new card. I ask replacement card? She said yes but must pay $5 new card. I quite toolan already so I asked but if I not make card spoil it spoil by itself she answered "Sir this station very busy you are holding the queue" I paisay and bugger off lanlan face.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
how long is the queue to refund that 1 dollar?

all i can say bro joe is.....Welcome to Sinkiepoor where if you are not careful you will be poor. :p

Thanks erection2011, today I really kenna erection die standing liao knn. Adding to what you just said someone told me before sinkies are just pathetic poor rich men I dulan with him for insulting me then after I think about it again I have to agree with him.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
yes joe...sinkies sure have some issues over here...thats for sure. Cant deny that we have been quite sheepish and like to be led by the nose most of the time.

Well things are slowly looking up and even the gahmen i think understands this. They say they will relook how they do things.

Most sinkies know this and we also struggle within ourselves about how we should effect change. Each person has his own thoughts.

Anyway hope u are enjoying urself so far.

Are you a red wine person ? I know where you can go to have some nice wine.... mebbe on Monday.

Thanks erection2011, today I really kenna erection die standing liao knn. Adding to what you just said someone told me before sinkies are just pathetic poor rich men I dulan with him for insulting me then after I think about it again I have to agree with him.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To my knowledge, EZ Link cards are sold, distributed and managed by EZ-Link Pte. Ltd., a subsidiary of Land Transport Authority.

Anyway, I think it's better to apply for a credit card that can be used as an EZ-link card and which also auto top-ups from your bank account.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
To my knowledge, EZ Link cards are sold, distributed and managed by EZ-Link Pte. Ltd., a subsidiary of Land Transport Authority.

Anyway, I think it's better to apply for a credit card that can be used as an EZ-link card and which also auto top-ups from your bank account.

Thank you lakaksaboy this is my first time to know this you have any more details on this? Like type of cards or banks issuing this.

ps07857

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you lakaksaboy this is my first time to know this you have any more details on this? Like type of cards or banks issuing this.

try the Citibank SMRT credit carD, THE POSB everyday card. Recently I think OCBC is coming out with a new credit card that can be used for transportation too...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Thank you sir.

try the Citibank SMRT credit carD, THE POSB everyday card. Recently I think OCBC is coming out with a new credit card that can be used for transportation too...