• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

is Chee Soon Juan from PAP?

LoserKiller

Alfrescian
Loyal
i always suspect CSJ is from PAP
he sounds like the exact person who will join pap (acs, phd)

why would someone destroy his own career, reputation and status like him? don't forget he also got 2 daughters and 1 son. with so much to risk, will someone taken his path???

first his sacking from NUS. normally the university won't sack you over a few hundred dollars and he got sacked for using a few hundred for his wife. university will usually issue warnings over small sums like that plus i don't think someone who earns 8k will want to steal $226 from the school. dont u think this sounds weird?

note that he didn't even do much except hurling some accusations at the ministers, where someone is recording on video and that he will get law suits? for someone with a doctorate degree, u think he is such a harsh person?

also he staged some Tek Boleh walkabouts with basically NO support from people outside his party. no one actually gave a shit about what he did. why will someone do something like this? is he delusional? why is he also trying stunts that make others look bad?

also after SDP fail to win any seats for 2 elections running, he should have stepped down as leader. why is he still leading the party? is there some mysterious force keeping this equation in balance?

either he's from PAP or someone from liberal white country is backing him. since he is never invited to go to USA, i doubt the US supports him. i think the former is true. what u think?

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He's supported and sustained by CALD, with interests mostly in Taiwan and Myanmar. Singapore is a good candidate to join the fold. If every country becomes full fledged democracies like USA or UK, then CALD's existence becomes meaningless.

His first job after taking over SDP was to lose all SDP MP seats. He did that admirably well. With MP seats, you can't claim non-democracy and persecution, can you?

konglanjiaowei

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What can i do about it after being ass by the OA?
Well heres what you can do

2mrcw35.jpg

:biggrin:

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His first job after taking over SDP was to lose all SDP MP seats. He did that admirably well.

I blame the two seats losses more on Ling/Cheo than Chee.
Those two had more than 5 years managing the constituencies and gaining support. They would retain their seats if they were popular with the electorate regardless of SDP crisis.
can't blame everything on Chee.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
I blame the two seats losses more on Ling/Cheo than Chee.
Those two had more than 5 years managing the constituencies and gaining support. They would retain their seats if they were popular with the electorate regardless of SDP crisis.
can't blame everything on Chee.
Agree.

Chee just had the luck of Mikhail Gobrachev.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm amused that people still believe in those craps about Ling and Cheo mismanaging Bukit Gombak and Nee Soon Central 1991-96. Pray tell, do you live there, what's so mismanaged? Cite some examples. Rubbish piling up or something like that?

Ling did committed the "talk cock" faux pas in Parliament. Cheo didn't talk much in Parliament. These I agree with. However, they were voted in not only on their own strengths. They were voted in on the believe of a strong SDP to check and balance the government. In 1991, many other SDP candidates got above 40% and almost won too, but Ling and Cheo were the luckier ones on the turn of tide.

Chee turned the tide around the other way and the rest is history, and still current affairs if you follow. Follow his rhetoric and gimmickry through the years and there's no other conclusion that he's all out to lose election.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ling and Cheo hold incumbency advantage in their constituencies, of course they have to accept full responsibility for reelection failures alongside Chee as SDP leader.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ling and Cheo hold incumbency advantage in their constituencies, of course they have to accept full responsibility for reelection failures alongside Chee as SDP leader.

They had. Only Chee didn't as Sec. Gen., going on blaring about non-democracy and persecution, to the CALD script.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The problem with your ranting is that you, like many people here, are just hiding behind anonymous nick and claim to know the inside story. I bet you don't have the guts to walk up to Chee and tell him who you are.

Firstly, for your general knowledge, WP CEC member Yaw Shin Leong publicly stated he hated Ling so much he felt compelled to vote PAP. The fact that Ling has personality issues is well known. Very slimy of you to blame CSJ for Ling's failure in parliament when the former was one of the latter's strongest backers.

Secondly, Chiam lost support in the 1997 elections as well, not just Chee. I don't see you or anyone blaming Chiam for losing his ground. In fact, Chiam had the advantage as people saw him as the victim and were still confident in his political leadership.

I'm amused that people still believe in those craps about Ling and Cheo mismanaging Bukit Gombak and Nee Soon Central 1991-96. Pray tell, do you live there, what's so mismanaged? Cite some examples. Rubbish piling up or something like that?

Ling did committed the "talk cock" faux pas in Parliament. Cheo didn't talk much in Parliament. These I agree with. However, they were voted in not only on their own strengths. They were voted in on the believe of a strong SDP to check and balance the government. In 1991, many other SDP candidates got above 40% and almost won too, but Ling and Cheo were the luckier ones on the turn of tide.

Chee turned the tide around the other way and the rest is history, and still current affairs if you follow. Follow his rhetoric and gimmickry through the years and there's no other conclusion that he's all out to lose election.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ramseth,

You are just being a brat.

It is a very common behaviour when some of your friends obviously know your real identity, and you have to get into their good books by posting material which suits their tastes. Maybe you do this so that you can have more Jacks Place beef steak. Or maybe just a prawn fritter will satisfy you.

It also means you are intellectually dishonest. Your posting is far beneath you and you are only insulting yourself by doing so.

Very clever of you to isolate one characteristic of Chee and then take it out of context. I hope you like your steak done medium rare.

Democracy and electoral process are genuine issues and Chee's stand is well know. Its a pity though because the PAP has only blared up those aspects and deliberately downplayed his bread and butter policy opinions. However for you to parrot the PAP in this regard is rather demeaning to yourself.

Enjoy your prawn fritter. You earned it

They had. Only Chee didn't as Sec. Gen., going on blaring about non-democracy and persecution, to the CALD script.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem with your ranting is that you, like many people here, are just hiding behind anonymous nick and claim to know the inside story. I bet you don't have the guts to walk up to Chee and tell him who you are.

The trouble with you is that you're anonymous accusing others. Uncle Yap, Dr. Chee, Siok Chin, et al. all know who I am and I do speak to them face to face. Yes, we have our differences in how to go about opposition politics. You want to know who I am? Be like Uncle Yap et al. Come out and meet up.

Your small mind thinks it takes "guts" to speak to them? I've even spoken face to face to GCT at the TLH/JBJ defamation trial and gave him a piece of my mind, in a civil way of course.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Firstly, for your general knowledge, WP CEC member Yaw Shin Leong publicly stated he hated Ling so much he felt compelled to vote PAP. The fact that Ling has personality issues is well known. Very slimy of you to blame CSJ for Ling's failure in parliament when the former was one of the latter's strongest backers.

Secondly, Chiam lost support in the 1997 elections as well, not just Chee. I don't see you or anyone blaming Chiam for losing his ground. In fact, Chiam had the advantage as people saw him as the victim and were still confident in his political leadership.

How now? I was the first to hear from YSL own mouth, face to face, that he voted for PAP. I didn't think it a big matter until he's so silly to blog about it.

Of course Chiam would lose support after the breakaway from SDP. That's commonsense. That's the purpose.

phouse3

Alfrescian
Loyal
He's supported and sustained by CALD, with interests mostly in Taiwan and Myanmar. Singapore is a good candidate to join the fold. If every country becomes full fledged democracies like USA or UK, then CALD's existence becomes meaningless.

His first job after taking over SDP was to lose all SDP MP seats. He did that admirably well. With MP seats, you can't claim non-democracy and persecution, can you?

You sound like a very long-winded idiot. You keep repeating the same old boring story again and again.

In 1990, there was a change-over of PM and there were disagreements in PAP. The new PM was called wooden and 4th choice. The opposition attacked the weakness and cried seat-warmer and Lee dynasty. The voters were confused.

In 1991, Cheo(50.3%), Ling(51.4%) and Low(52.8%) won by the slimmest margins. In 1997, there were no confusion, a slight swing of the votes would have sent all 3 out of parliament, regardless of what happened.

The quarrel in SDP caused the scores to look worse.

Low of WP was a lot luckier. There were no quarrels in WP. He also cleverly adopted the strategy of going underground to make friends with his constitutents. Hougang residents voted for him based on friendship and not his performance in parliament.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was it Chandra Das or somebody who was 'grooming' Chee Soo Juan, way back then to be a PAP Candidate?

In the past, we have another 'suspect' , remember one Harbans Singh?...who spoke nonsense at the rallies...is CSJ another stooge??

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Ling & Cheo lost not because of bad management of Town Councils nor poor performance in parliament. The lost because of internal fighting within SDP.

Voters lost faith in SDP after Chiam and the rest of SDP CEC fought openly. That was disastrous.

Ramseth is right that SDP used to be the strongest party in Singapore with a group of graduates and eloquent speakers. WP was unable to attract that kind of candidates as compared to SDP and to some extend, NSP. But the main difference was that NSP could not perfrom in spite of its good slate of relatively well educated candidates while SDP, under Chiam's leadership, was able to make gains in 1991.

The trouble only started when Chiam and the rest broke off. This is partly due to Dr. Chee's entrance into the party and started the hunger strike. For whatever reasons there were, the damage to the party was tremendous after Chiam and other SDP MPs (Ling & Cheo) started bickering even in parliament. The "don't talk cock" remark was made by Ling to Chiam.

There were strange reasons why the PAP's controlled parliament didn't disqualify Chiam from being MP after SDP CEC has practically "sacked" him. This is against the very rules that PAP has set. If court case is the reason, then they were contradicting and fast in dismissing JBJ from parliament even when he was appealing his case in Privy Council. What is worse is that JBJ was not reinstated as MP after he won his case in Privy Council!

There were also strange reasons why Dr. Chee was voted to replace Chiam after he resigned, since, in normal logical political wisdom, he should avoid taking up such post if he didn't want to be seen as the key person that "outsted" Chiam.

For a young person like me back then, all these seemed to be "staged" by someone to look silly. It was like a deliberate effort to allow the bickering to drag on for all Singaporeans to see. Maybe both Chiam, Chee and all others, had unknowingly played into such scheming.

Goh Meng Seng

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How now? I was the first to hear from YSL own mouth, face to face, that he voted for PAP. I didn't think it a big matter until he's so silly to blog about it.

Of course Chiam would lose support after the breakaway from SDP. That's commonsense. That's the purpose.

I have the chance to hold a convesation with YSL, when he was 'green', and he came across as someone with a cause...at that time.