• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Irritating Children

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spore parents are too busy working to look after children. I often see maids looking after the kids.

Its only during the holidays you see parents spending quality time with their kids & you can see how stressed out they are. It is during these times that innocent by-standers are dragged into the little dramas at shopping malls, libraties,....

jw5

Loyal
Spore parents are too busy working to look after children. I often see maids looking after the kids.

Its only during the holidays you see parents spending quality time with their kids & you can see how stressed out they are. It is during these times that innocent by-standers are dragged into the little dramas at shopping malls, libraties,....
The way I see it, these stressed out parents look at it in the following ways:

1. Since they have to deal with these horrible overactive rude and disobedient children, they might as well bring them to public places to irritate others. This way, others will get it too, not just them.

2. They better not discipline the kid, since he might get worse when they get home. Anyway, he is disturbing others and possibly spoiling public property, not just disturbing the parents and their possessions.

3. Maybe someone will get irritated and come and discipline the kid and he will learn his lesson. But if he doesn't learn his lesson, the parent will step in and defend the kid.

promisedland

Alfrescian
Loyal
The way I see it, these stressed out parents look at it in the following ways:

1. Since they have to deal with these horrible overactive rude and disobedient children, they might as well bring them to public places to irritate others. This way, others will get it too, not just them.

2. They better not discipline the kid, since he might get worse when they get home. Anyway, he is disturbing others and possibly spoiling public property, not just disturbing the parents and their possessions.

3. Maybe someone will get irritated and come and discipline the kid and he will learn his lesson. But if he doesn't learn his lesson, the parent will step in and defend the kid.

ALL WRONG...

1. i dun think it's wise to let kids to run wild at public places, with the exception of playgrounds or those places at Vivio city where kids can play. parents who let their kids misbehave stands a chance of confrontation with other irritated adults who are already stressed out. i dun think any sane parents would want to do that unless he is tired of living.

2. why sane parents would let their kids destroy public property? even the rich don't do that. if you want peace and quiet, why do you appear in public places?

3. actually it's rude to discipline other people's children. you don't feed and clothed them do you think you have to right to discipline them?

4. only a authoritative parent will discipline children at the slightest infractions. sometimes it's good to let your child loose a little...

i see that you always have issues with children whenever this is mentioned you always have negative opinions of parents in general?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ALL WRONG...

2. why sane parents would let their kids destroy public property? even the rich don't do that. if you want peace and quiet, why do you appear in public places?

The PAP style of setting rules just don't work with the kids.

Parents will more likely ignore bad behaviour especially when they work long hours & feel guilty about spending more quality time with their kids. Simply ignoring the reality is going to have long terrm implications.

We've all seen how uncontrollable some of these kids are. In libraries you have the library personnel playing catching with these unruly kids :eek:

I've had to deal with some part-time workers from the newer generation & many of them are irresponsible. Many have difficulty dealing with others, as some have complained they talk like they are dealing with their maids :biggrin:

Lets face it the Spore system has brought up some bad apples. No parent wants to bring up bad apples, but when they are busy & rely on maid & schools to look after their kids you are going to have problems.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

For many of these parents its the only opportunity from work to go out as a family.

Can't really blame them for not wanting to be caged with rude & disobedient kids :smile: