• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

iPhone users anger turns to alarm

T

Taigong Wang

iPhone users anger turns to alarm

iPhone users got off to a bad start to the New Year when their alarms failed to go off due to a problem with the popular gadget's clock.

iphone4_1773945c.jpg

Apple sold 1.7m iPhone 4 handsets by June 2010

11:02AM GMT 02 Jan 2011

The glitch was experienced by people with the latest handset, the iPhone 4, as well as those who have downloaded the most up-to-date software.

As a result, users were left unable to clamber out of bed on New Year's Day – and not just because of the effects of the night before.

Alarms also failed to go off on Sunday, frustrating people planning shopping trips and visits to family.

Apple has been forced to issue a statement admitting the problem on their handsets, and promising it will be resolved soon.

Kate Cobb, a 24-year-old hospital worker from Leeds, West Yorks., said: "I had no idea about this problem before Saturday, when I was supposed to be meeting my friend for breakfast.

"I woke up, assuming I had beaten my alarm only to see I had overslept by an hour. The alarm symbol was still showing on my iPhone but it hadn't gone off.

"Needless to say, I wasn't too pleased because I missed the train and had to try and explain everything to my friend, who obviously assumed I had just had a few too many drinks the night before. "

Apple spokeswoman Natalie Harrison said: "We're aware of an issue related to non repeating alarms set for January 1 or 2. Customers can set recurring alarms for those dates and all alarms will work properly beginning January 3."

"It is not known what exactly has caused the problem for the iPhone, though it only seems to be affecting users who are running the iOS4 software specifically versions 4.2.1, 4.1, and 4.0.2."

It is not the first time Apple users have complained of problems with their devices, following similar issues when the clocks went back in November.

Apple sold 1.7m iPhone 4 handsets by June 2010 and described it as their most-successful product yet. More than 50m iPhones have been sold since 2007.