• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Interview with 56 yr old retrenched uncle who is not allowed to withdraw his CPF

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Watch the exclusive video interview here:

http://wayangparty.com/?p=5462

Background:

Mr Tong (not his real name) is a single 56 year old Chinese man who used to work as a warehouse supervisor. He was retrenched 3 months ago and has been looking for a job. Due to a previous accident which left two metal implants in both his legs, he had difficulties securing a job.

He withdrew part of his CPF at 55 years old and still has over a $1,000 left in his CPF account. When he approached CPF Board to request for withdrawal of the remaining amount, he was told he need to wait for 6 months before he can apply. In the meantime, he has used up his savings and cannot even afford three simple meals a day.

Excerpts of interview:

“Yesterday I went to CPF to request to withdraw my remaining CPF which is over $1,000. I was told I need to wait for six months before I am allowed to apply for withdrawal.”

“I asked CPF to help me as I have no job for 3 months and got nothing to eat, but they told me the CPF policy cannot be changed. Because I have two metal implants in both my legs, it is very difficult for me to find a job.”

“What I want is my OWN retirement money ! They want me to wait till 64 years old, I don’t think I can live that long with my current health ! I ask them to help me and they say it is not possible. Why not possible ??? It is MY MONEY !!!”

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
CDC will help this guy, i believe he meets criteria

Anyway CPF will release fund after next application in six months. He should have taken all one shot since he wasnt affected by the later rules on minimum sum

Ownself cock up now cry father cry mother

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah!, CDC will take a another 6 mths to approve, after investigations of the man's bank accounts....if there is any, etc..

He can go see his member of parliament, most of them these days, are hding behind' 'inivisble shield', but chances are good, for the 'ground is sweet'...

CPF is not your money....the minimum sum will get higher & higher & higher...so sorry, you contributed... ha ha ha ha

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yeah!, CDC will take a another 6 mths to approve, after investigations of the man's bank accounts....if there is any, etc..

He can go see his member of parliament, most of them these days, are hding behind' 'inivisble shield', but chances are good, for the 'ground is sweet'...

CPF is not your money....the minimum sum will get higher & higher & higher...so sorry, you contributed... ha ha ha ha

i m referring to one specific case

if he had taken out all one shot he wouldnt have this problem

it s only those younger that are now affected by minimum sum rules that to some are unfair

but in this particular case, he shud have taken out. anyway CDC and Comcare will help

we shud be less cycnical

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal

it s only those younger that are now affected by minimum sum rules that to some are unfair

but in this particular case, he shud have taken out. anyway CDC and Comcare will help

we shud be less cycnical

Ah Chek..u simi lan jiao also know..you work restaurant owner or work government? ..my cock hair stand liao!:mad::mad:

Last edited:

popdod

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hjU3Mul5kwU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hjU3Mul5kwU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

:oIo: :( :oIo:

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Chek..u simi lan jiao also know..you work restaurant owner or work government? ..my cock hair stand liao!:mad::mad:

i own 50% of restaurant in central high traffic area, low end restaurant with good traffic

i support most government policies to help the poor but i am very disappointed government helps the high-end graduates by subsidising their pay

smu grads already make $55,000 a year woh, why they need help

govt shud help the weak like this uneducated old guy here, not help those with high qualifications who should be able to help themselves

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
He withdrew part of his CPF at 55 years old and still has over a $1,000 left in his CPF account. When he approached CPF Board to request for withdrawal of the remaining amount, he was told he need to wait for 6 months before he can apply.

The guy is an a complete idiot! He obviously did absolutely nothing to plan for retirement. What did he expect???.. that money would fall from the sky on a daily basis once he stopped working.

As for that $1000 in CPF, I wouldn't make a scrap of difference to his life even if it was released tomorrow. It would be gone in a month and he'd be back to square one.

It's nitwits like this that spoil the good name of Singapore.

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
i own 50% of restaurant in central high traffic area, low end restaurant with good traffic

i support most government policies to help the poor but i am very disappointed government helps the high-end graduates by subsidising their pay

smu grads already make $55,000 a year woh, why they need help

govt shud help the weak like this uneducated old guy here, not help those with high qualifications who should be able to help themselves

Orr like that hah?..nxt time dont use bombastic words lah, if not people suspect u r another nic always critisize people inglish..... u pity ah pek why u like 2 fuck taxi driver hah?

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
becuase taxi drivers are weakling, hide behind government protection and talk big even though they wre the lowest of low life

Alfrescian
Loyal

I believed he had taken out part of his CPF when he reached 55 years old. So he had taken out one shot already leaving some balance on minimum sum. Now that he is 56 years. So what happened to the amount when he withdrew.
You think the $1000 balance in his CPF ( that is after 55 years and continue working) is enough for him. Rules are rules, no point pleading, he has himself to be blamed. The only solution he can do is to sell his HDB and downgrade and what about his children?. May God helps him

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
just got a niggling feeling that he already spent the 1st portion of cpf on china mei mei..
:(

lubehsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
The guy is an a complete idiot! He obviously did absolutely nothing to plan for retirement. What did he expect???.. that money would fall from the sky on a daily basis once he stopped working.

As for that $1000 in CPF, I wouldn't make a scrap of difference to his life even if it was released tomorrow. It would be gone in a month and he'd be back to square one.

It's nitwits like this that spoil the good name of Singapore.

too bad the man lives in sink-a-poor if he lived in Ozland where it was raining thousands of money just two mths ago and soon another pile of money will be falling from sky,he would be too busy playing pokies with the Rudd given money rather than waiting for his cpf ,and he would get more than 1000 dollars a month till he kicks the bucket/

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
just ask for help and make a loud noise in the media, sure better option to withdraw his own deposit with cpf.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
i dunno whats with this ah pek..

first he say : just print whatever i said, i dun care if they arrest me..

then later he sat : dun point camera at my face

:confused::confused::biggrin: