• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Income opportunity for sinkies] Cleaner crisis at Bukit Merah View Hawker Center!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: [Income opportunity for sinkies] Cleaner crisis at Bukit Merah View Hawker Center

The technology to collect plates and then wash the dishes themselves haven't been invented yet. Same goes for the machine that can automatically clean then entire hawker centre. If they were, we would not need FTs

What happened to the past, where they used styrofoam plates, bowls, plastic spoons, forks & knives?? too costly?? in the past, the hawkers collect their own plastes, bowls etc & washes them. They have their children to wash on their free time or holidays or got their relatives, next of kin or even pay for someone to do that. Now, we have so many, upsize, upgrade & tons of regulations, that they have to pay collectively for such services, which was supposedly to save time, save costs and improve the service. Had that happened...NO! WHAT WENT WRONG?, we have to ask the 'whities', since they are best paid, smartest people money can buy!???

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: [Income opportunity for sinkies] Cleaner crisis at Bukit Merah View Hawker Center

What happened to the past, where they used styrofoam plates, bowls, plastic spoons, forks & knives?? too costly?? in the past, the hawkers collect their own plastes, bowls etc & washes them. They have their children to wash on their free time or holidays or got their relatives, next of kin or even pay for someone to do that. Now, we have so many, upsize, upgrade & tons of regulations, that they have to pay collectively for such services, which was supposedly to save time, save costs and improve the service. Had that happened...NO! WHAT WENT WRONG?, we have to ask the 'whities', since they are best paid, smartest people money can buy!???

styrofoam / disposable utensils & cutlerys are not environmentally friendly leh. I personally don't like - do a part for Earth.

i think Sinkie's way of dining got to change, alot of fuckers like to mess up the bloody place and expect people to clean up after them. Of cse, it includes FTs as well, I have seen PRC families messing up the place and leaving afterwards.

I think some form of civic mindedness can reduce the reliance on labour to clean up after the diners.

I question the fact / practice of lowest quote quotation. This better change, else no one will wanna work as dish collectors / cleaners. These low income folks goto eat as well.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

styrofoam / disposable utensils & cutlerys are not environmentally friendly leh. I personally don't like - do a part for Earth.

i think Sinkie's way of dining got to change, alot of fuckers like to mess up the bloody place and expect people to clean up after them. Of cse, it includes FTs as well, I have seen PRC families messing up the place and leaving afterwards.

I think some form of civic mindedness can reduce the reliance on labour to clean up after the diners.

I question the fact / practice of lowest quote quotation. This better change, else no one will wanna work as dish collectors / cleaners. These low income folks goto eat as well.

I just can't understand the mentality, no civic mindedness even years of "whites" good education??, people don't clear their trays, at fast food resturants, I do. I clear others tray many a times, begrudginly but I did!, in order to get a seat!

Why can't they build collection stations in the hawker centres, where one, after meals bring their leftovers in the tray (s) and depost them there. The cleaners just collect them from the stations, throw the waste in bins & bring whatever need to wash to the wash area. You don't need so many cleaners, pushing their carts from tables to tables, at peak time & shortage of workers, cannot cope with the crowds & work.

Why can't they educate the people to do that!??

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I just can't understand the mentality, no civic mindedness even years of "whites" good education??, people don't clear their trays, at fast food resturants, I do. I clear others tray many a times, begrudginly but I did!, in order to get a seat!

Why can't they build collection stations in the hawker centres, where one, after meals bring their leftovers in the tray (s) and depost them there. The cleaners just collect them from the stations, throw the waste in bins & bring whatever need to wash to the wash area. You don't need so many cleaners, pushing their carts from tables to tables, at peak time & shortage of workers, cannot cope with the crowds & work.

Why can't they educate the people to do that!??

i think its too ingrained in us.

they tried doing that some years ago but terribly, they simply left all the dishes / plates on the table & fuck off.

We are too used to such "comfort"

another example - how many of us bring the thrash out and sort according to types of waste? Few even if you stay in landed property, you dump everything in the bin.

In HDB, older versions, you just open the chute and dump - viola.

new flats, you need to bag and bring out to the CRC but even then, some don't even bother lifting a finger to open the chute.

think its time to run those propagandas like Communist china or North Korea.

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal

U haven't notice the Global Green movement gathering pace to save the earth? Use less paper/styrofoam plates to save world

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal

government can start a stop being an asshole campaign. Might work in 20 years time

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i think its too ingrained in us.

they tried doing that some years ago but terribly, they simply left all the dishes / plates on the table & fuck off.

We are too used to such "comfort"

another example - how many of us bring the thrash out and sort according to types of waste? Few even if you stay in landed property, you dump everything in the bin.

In HDB, older versions, you just open the chute and dump - viola.

new flats, you need to bag and bring out to the CRC but even then, some don't even bother lifting a finger to open the chute.

I used to sort out my garbage when I was living in a house with a garden, made it easier for the rubbish collectors who come in their trucks easier, was it PWD back then? I forgot. The bottles in a bag or basket, cans, tins in one, the general rubbish in the bin outside. Even we sort out the rubbish in the older HDB flats, the bin goes downstairs, one for all, all for one.

We just doesn't still have that social grace...partly due to a government who is constantly greedy but try to put on a humane face once in while by acts of looking after the environment an us!! even though nowdays they have bins for glass etc.

It is till making MONEY...your money, won't benefit the consumers...

Was watching a documentary of a Prectint somewhere in Japan, they sort their rubbish & deposit outside their doors ( aparments etc), certain days for plastics, metals, etc The rubbish collectors with weigh or something like that, and what they pay the household at at agreed rate, goes to the deduction of their rubbish collection bill cost. So was their solar panels they have on their roofs, the excess is sold back to the grid & is givern back as rebates or something like that from the Power Company.

Here, you have "water borne tax" etc, which is peg at an impossible average household usage, which no average household can avoid, in other words, whatever nice sounding things they implement, the ultimate is make more money out of you, for they never ever cares about us..it is GREED always!

So, what grace...that is why, we never have this social grace ingrained in the people for the government is never gracious!

jw5

Loyal

Agree with this 100%.
Don't understand how people can manage to be so dainty at restaurants, friends' and relatives' homes and their homes, or even if not,
manage to put their unwanted food back into their plates after they finish eating and even clear up a little.
But when they go to hawker centres, food courts or coffee shops, they suddenly eat like gluttons and behave like inconsiderate fuckers.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

U haven't notice the Global Green movement gathering pace to save the earth? Use less paper/styrofoam plates to save world

all these bullshit, make money...what save the earth!!..the "U" know what supermarket, is the biggest user of plastic bags, they tell "U" use less, but have you noticed, their staff give you more. On cetain day of the week, they tell "U", pay 10cts for the plastic bags, but if you, unplanned visit the sUpermarket, how are you going to bag what you buy, small item ok....wet ones?? or big ones? They do not even bother to give alternatives like paper bags?? why, costly & they will tell you another , bullshit!, save the tress...

It is more like fatten the wallets...:p

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal

I believe the concept of cheap food at hawker centres and food courts should be discarded for the sake of hygiene. All the stall owners will need to set up business in a restaurant type setting, probably at least a few tables. If your business is good, then you will need to rent or buy a bigger area for your patrons. Kopitiams are still ok at the moment due to their smaller size.

Huat-Ah

Alfrescian
Loyal

We can ask Kinana Boy to temporary help out at the Bukit Merah Hawker Center as Cleaner !

Cheers ! :biggrin: