• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

IN FOCUS: When employees feel burned out and undervalued at work, how can they be persuaded to stay?

Voldermort

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: There was nothing that Lina’s former employer could have done to persuade her to stay.

Feeling undervalued in her role as a pharmacist at a public healthcare institution and with COVID-19 making her reassess her life priorities, she decided it was time for a change.

“I mainly left because I’d been thinking for a while that because the work is not always easy, and people need to be valued for the work that they do. I felt that the appreciation for the work that we do is not really sufficient to deal with the stresses of daily work,” she told CNA.

The COVID-19 pandemic made this situation worse, she added. While it was previously already difficult to take leave, it became “practically impossible” from the start of the “circuit breaker” period, said Lina, who asked for her real name not to be used.

“Eventually the cons just started outweighing the pros.”

Lina is part of a global trend dubbed the Great Resignation, which is seeing growing numbers of employees decide to move on to new jobs. This often follows a period of reflection about what they want out of life after nearly two years of living with the COVID-19 pandemic.

The trend overseas has been mostly attributed to employee burnout and wage freezes over the past two years. Many workers who delayed their resignations because of the pandemic are leaving their jobs now as the situation stabilises.

While labour market numbers from the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) do not show an increase in overall resignation rates, experts and recruiters confirmed that they are seeing signs that the trend is emerging in Singapore, with a spike across industries in people looking for something new.

The actual data will “lag” and probably only reflect the trend from the first quarter of 2022, said Mr Adrian Tan, HR expert and future of work strategist at the Institute for Human Resource Professionals (IHRP).

Surveys also show that workers are likely to be seeking out a new opportunity soon. One by recruitment agency Robert Walters found that 52 per cent of respondents were looking to change jobs within the next six months.

And there are pockets of data emerging that confirm the higher attrition rates. For example, about 1,500 healthcare workers resigned in the first half of 2021, compared to about 2,000 annually before the pandemic.

More at https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...d-work-how-can-they-be-persuaded-stay-2369041

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When you have proper labour unions instead of that 'tripartite' nonsense, all that nonsense stops overnight.

SwumXol.png

count dracula

Alfrescian
Loyal
fun fact: laksaboy is actually a closet PAP IB who loves jerking off to pinky's photos after getting raped by his grandpa that is

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Give them hope. Ask them to take a holiday and come back to transfer to a new role. It's almost always the fucking boss or colleagues.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I keep reminding my staff that it's not so easy to find new job with similar pay. That's how I got most of them to stay on with my company. I also gave them a pay raise of around 5% to offset inflation.

Datingafter35

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually how do you calculate inflation?
Assuming we are at 6.8% per annum?
Year 2000 I was paid $800 as an IT sales consultant.

Year 2021 I was paid $2.6k.

After 21 years. I should be paid?

Granted. I took 12 years off to be my own boss and I never keep a single cent.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Employ a sexy secretary. Thst eill kee0 tge males.
And a hulking muscular female abuser. That will keep the females.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
What there to worry? Dowan the job there are meelions of ceca meelions of FTs waiting to steal your lunch. :cool: