• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

illegal parking

cowbellc

Alfrescian
Loyal
check this news.

http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/Drivers/Others/Story/A1Story20100315-204727.html

>> ASIAONE / MOTORING / DRIVERS / OTHERS / STORY

Wed, Mar 17, 2010
The New Paper

Other cars also illegally parked, why pick mine?

HE drives a car that costs more than $200,000 brand new - and is in a tizzy over a $30 parking fine.

Mr Wilson Ang, 23, feels he may have been unfairly targeted because of his car, a Mercedes-Benz SLK convertible.

He was given a ticket for not displaying a parking coupon. He alleged that other illegally-parked cars behind him weren't fined.

Not only has he refused to pay the fine, he has written to the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) with an ultimatum:

Respond to me within three days or "I will proceed to make the matter open to the public". He later sent a copy of the e-mail, dated 28 Feb, to The New Paper, saying the URA had not responded.

He wrote in it: "Are your URA staff biased over drivers with expensive sports car (sic)?"

Mr Ang, an assistant project manager at a construction company, had parked his black Mercedes in a lot along Circular Road, near Boat Quay, at 8.10pm on 28Feb.

He was there to buy dinner for his wife at a nearby Chinese restaurant.

He returned 10 minutes later to find he had been given a ticket for not displaying a coupon.

He told The New Paper: "I looked around at the other cars along the road and hardly any of them had displayed parking coupons.

"My car was the only one in the entire row of cars which had a ticket on it."

Mr Ang claimed that his car was the first in the row at the time.

He said: "I came out of the restaurant and the entire street was dead quiet. There wasn't a single person in sight.

"I don't understand why the parking attendant chose to give only me a ticket when there were so many others who had not displayed a parking coupon."

He said that because he feels "singled out", he does not want to pay the $30 fine.

Another luxury car

"I don't know if it's because I was driving a nice car. If so, I don't understand why the luxury SUV behind my car didn't get a ticket. It costs about the same."

Mr Ang said he paid about $160,000 for the second-hand, one-year-old car two months ago. Why refuse to take responsibility when he is clearly in the wrong?

Said Mr Ang: "It's not that I'm not aware that I have broken the rules. I just don't feel that the authorities should be biased when they are issuing tickets.

"I wouldn't have a problem with paying the fine if everybody else who parked without a coupon received a ticket too."

jw5

Loyal
In that case, he should undergo due process for a person who refuses to pay a parking fine.
What proof does he have that he was targetted? Perhaps all the other cars which didn't get tickets were not there when the parking attendant was there?

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha, 23-year old already married, drive expensive car but mentality still 15 year old

later compound until cannot recognise house

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
His shit philosophy goes thus " If I given shit, everyone should also be given shit". Equal misery for all - but his car Mercedes Benz convertible must be different from all other cars. If he commits a crime and is arrested, he will KPKB why the other criminals are not arrested.

One who is taking a risk with the parking auntie or Ah Neh must be ready to pay for it. I often see the aunties touching the bonnet to feel whether the engine is still hot or not. When it's hot, she will wait a while to see if the driver returns; I think they are sympathetic also, but they are paid to do the job for booking illegal parking. In this case, may be the aunties know this driver is able to afford $30 dollar parking fee.

Now lagi better, the Ah Nehs use a digital camera to take pictures of the whole car - inside and outside. When queried they replied that it is to prove that a valid coupon was not displayed in the car. They said some chao kuan Ah Bengs and Ah Mohs argued until the kows come home - or until the URA front office staff buay tahan - that they displayed the coupon and the coupon flew off onto the floor. Now they have their proof.

Last edited:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
"I wouldn't have a problem with paying the fine if everybody else who parked without a coupon received a ticket too."

It's nothing more than a typical sinkie mentality. I get the same shit in this forum. Every time I give someone an infraction, chances are I will receive an abusive PM accusing me of "unfairly targeting a member" while others who committed the same offense were let off.

The reality of the situation is that I only read a small portion of what is posted here so many "crimes" simply go undetected. :p

scoobyhoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
my friend pass me two long stickers of foreign langauge and i stick them to the front and rear windscreens.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This guy really selfish/jealous. KNN never display parking coupon after been fine want others die together with him. If any one serve army with him that really bad anything wrong all have to bear with his mistake.
Parking warden just fine one car also a problem. Because the warden just want to be nice people don't want to fine too many people and just want to keep within his quota.
I will keep my eye open for Merc SLK convertible.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We know that you are jealous cos you can't drive and have to take taxi. :biggrin:

Seems like everyone has got a problem with Spore's transportation system except LHL :(

Those who take public transport about poor scheduling, squeezing with other sardines,...

Those taking taxis have problems finding taxis if they don't book.

Those with cars have complaints with parking, ERP,...

World class Spore ?

G

General Veers

It's nothing more than a typical sinkie mentality. I get the same shit in this forum. Every time I give someone an infraction, chances are I will receive an abusive PM accusing me of "unfairly targeting a member" while others who committed the same offense were let off.

Perhaps this 'problem' will go away if you allow yourself the forum host to be 'zapped' by forummers here. :rolleyes::biggrin:

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like everyone has got a problem with Spore's transportation system except LHL :(

Those who take public transport about poor scheduling, squeezing with other sardines,...

Those taking taxis have problems finding taxis if they don't book.

Those with cars have complaints with parking, ERP,...

World class Spore ?

No, the problem is we have world class complainers. i don't envy the job of our policy makers. life is so much better as a faceless nic.

better question would be, when, how and why did we evolve into a country of world class complainers?

numero uno

Alfrescian
Loyal
usual sinkie cheapkate, shameless, warp logic, thinks the whole world revolves around him. very very happy he got fine :oIo::oIo::oIo:

Shi Jin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must have reached quote so decided to be compassionate and not give out any more summons after the FIRST car. :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No, the problem is we have world class complainers. i don't envy the job of our policy makers. life is so much better as a faceless nic.

better question would be, when, how and why did we evolve into a country of world class complainers?

Authorities who implement policies without considering the impact is inviting complaints. Such as the poorly thought out "foreign labor policy" which is stressing Spore's infrastructure e.g. on housing, crowded public transport,..

When citizens are not empowered they can't resolve problems themselves & have no choice but to invite the authorities to get involve. Commonly labelled as "complaining"

In democratic country such an inept gov't would be forced to resign or voted for out. The famiLee way is to tai chi & make promises :rolleyes: