• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I'll post it here since the local sports media is biased

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

... unlike international media that doesn't show favoritism. :biggrin:

And no clubs or footballers will be spared from my bashing. :biggrin:

Saturday 8th October 2011

603764_33_preview.jpg

Wayne Rooney's history of trouble

Wayne Rooney is in the spotlight again after being sent off for England in their final Euro 2012 qualifying match in Macedonia.

Here, we look at a number of on-field indiscretions Rooney has been involved in.

November: Substituted after 42 minutes of the Spain v England friendly in Madrid after a series of reckless fouls. Then swore at the bench before throwing the red armband worn in memory of the late Emlyn Hughes to the floor.

September 7: Was a liability during England's World Cup qualifier against Northern Ireland in Belfast. Involved in a first-half flare-up with Keith Gillespie before swearing at David Beckham and pushing Rio Ferdinand.

September 14: Sent off for sarcastically applauding the referee after being booked for unintentionally fouling an opponent during the Champions League game against Villarreal.

July 1: Sent off in the World Cup quarter-final against Portugal after appearing to stamp on the groin of Ricardo Carvalho and then push Manchester United team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo.

August 4: Sent off in an Amsterdam Tournament match against Porto after hitting defender Pepe with an elbow. He was punished with a three-match ban by the FA.

October: On a return to Goodison Park, Rooney kissed the Manchester United badge on his shirt, a gesture aimed in the direction of irate Everton fans. After being booked, Rooney was substituted by Sir Alex Ferguson.

March: A frustrated Rooney threw the ball away to earn a second booking as United went down 2-0 at Fulham. Rooney unleashed a volley of abuse at referee Phil Dowd before taking a swing at the corner flag as he left the pitch.

June 7: In England's final World Cup warm-up game against Platinum Stars, Rooney was accused of swearing at the referee. He apologised after the game and offered the official his shirt.

June 18
: Said "nice to see your home fans boo you" to TV cameras after England's disappointing goalless draw with Algeria at the World Cup.

February 26: Caught Wigan's James McCarthy with an elbow during Manchester United's 4-0 win at the DW Stadium. Latics manager Roberto Martinez said Rooney should have been sent off, but the England striker controversially escaped sanction after referee Mark Clattenburg told the Football Association that he had seen the incident.

April 4: Swears into a television camera following the completion of his hat-trick during United's 4-2 win at West Ham. Charged by the FA with "use of offensive, insulting and/or abusive language" and misses the FA Cup semi-final defeat to Manchester City.

October 7: With England 2-1 ahead in Montenegro, Rooney needlessly hacks at Miodrag Dzudovic and is shown a red card, becoming only the second England player - after David Beckham - to be sent off twice. It means he will miss the start of the Euro 2012 finals campaign. The match finishes 2-2.

Last edited:

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

April 4: Swears into a television camera following the completion of his hat-trick during United's 4-2 win at West Ham. Charged by the FA with "use of offensive, insulting and/or abusive language" and misses the FA Cup semi-final defeat to Manchester City.

June 18: Said "nice to see your home fans boo you" to TV cameras after England's disappointing goalless draw with Algeria at the World Cup.

14777742a61d2686d9670b0ec341059289589e9a.jpg

Wayne Rooney lets viewers at home know his anger at the full time whistle.

Last edited:

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YytZ5h9nOOo?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zlJHFEQFA3M?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

talkincock

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Rooney and Ronaldo hates the same cameramen, LOL :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

No Roonalty has a fetish for swearing at cameramen. :biggrin:

Here is Mr Arrogant.

Thursday 15th September 2011

622725_33_preview.jpg

Ronaldo: Who is Mario Gotze?

Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo admitted he does not even know who Borussia Dortmund's Mario Gotze is.

The 19-year-old German has been a rising star in world football after helping the Bundesliga side to win their domestic league last season, and has even caught Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger's attention, with the Gunners considering a big money bid for the playmaker.

However, when asked by Bild about his thoughts on Gotze, Ronaldo replied: "Who's Gotze?" The 26-year-old winger admitted sheepishly: "In what position does he play? Is he good? I have little opportunity to see Bundesliga games." The Portuguese star admitted he was not interested in other footballers, and was only keen on focusing on himself and his own game.

"I'm not interested in what people say about me," he crowed. "I am always in top form. I work hard on myself. That's why nobody makes an attack on my sporting abilities." After Real Madrid's 1-0 win over Dinamo Zagreb, the star laughed a tirade at the man in black, labeling him an "embrassment".

"He was an embarrassment," Ronaldo said, in quotes published by Marca. "I hope this referee never takes charge of another of our games because he is an embarrassment." The wing wizard has scored four goals in his first two La Liga games of the season for Real Madrid.

Last edited:

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/iaQIWHMMSgw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Monday 10th October 2011

687036_33_preview.jpg

UEFA to discuss Rooney red card

UEFA will meet on Thursday to discuss Wayne Rooney's red card against Montenegro as the England star awaits his fate.

Rooney was sent off by referee Wolfgang Stark in Friday's draw with Montenegro after petulantly kicking out at Miodrag Dzudovic.

The Manchester United man is facing at least a one-match suspension and will consequently be banned for the Three Lions' opening game of next summer's finals in Poland and Ukraine.

UEFA could decide to increase the punishment to as many as three matches, but England remain hopeful it will only be a one-game ban after referee Stark admitted Rooney's acceptance of his red card could work in his favour.

Rooney, who will not be selected from the start for England's friendly games with Spain and Holland prior to the Euro 2012 finals, will now anxiously wait to learn his fate following Thursday's meeting at Uefa headquarters in Nyon.